electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 FAQ
help with 2 factory patches
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
notehead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: help with 2 factory patches
Subject description: Please help a lowly non-programmer!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G2 gurus, I'm a simple keyboard/synth player. I acquired a G2X and I love it, but I can't figure out how to make some changes to 2 factory patches. Here are the patches and what I'd like to do...

distant activity variation 3: This patch plays as soon as it is selected. I need the sound to be activated strictly from the keyboard, preferably with some amount of scaling the pitch from low to high. I would also like the pitch stick to affect the sound.

Huge Pads variation 1: The pitch of this patch is transposed. I've tried adjusting the "Semi" parameter of the oscillators but then the patch doesn't sound right. Id like to fix the pitch so that a C sounds like a C and the sound of the patch is maintained.

If these adjustments can be made with the synth hardware, that would be ideal. My band and I really appreciate any help with this.
notehead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: somebody? anybody?
Subject description: I'll trade services for some help

Well, the responses to my request for help have been... um... non-existent. If this makes a difference, I would be happy to trade services in exchange for help with the patches I mentioned above. I'm a decent audio editor & producer, I've studied electronic music at New York University and composition at Juilliard. and I can compose and arrange music for most kinds of classical, jazz, and pop/rock ensembles. I've just completed producing a rock record for national release in the U.S. (a band called StarFish on the WorldSound Kids label). I'm also a very good copy editor (English only). Anybody out there willing to trade a few hours of effort?
varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to the electro-music forum notehead!

The Huge Pads patch variation 1 has the three oscillators tuned three octaves apart with a +5 semitone offset. I would suggest setting Osc1 to -12, Osc2 to 0, and Osc3 to +12 semitones.

The distant activity patch would need some patch changes. It is a polyphonic self playing (noodle) patch. I guess that one idea could be to add a monokeyboard module and an envelope generator so that pressing a single key would gate the sound of all the voices and set a base pitch for the oscillators. Would that be what you want?

notehead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject:  Thanks, Varice!
Subject description: I appreciate it.

You've definitely helped point me in the right direction and I truly appreciate it!

Best,
notehead
varice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks, Varice!
Subject description: I appreciate it.

notehead wrote:
You've definitely helped point me in the right direction and I truly appreciate it!

Best,
notehead

You are welcome!

But, if you need more than just a pointer in the right direction about the distant activity patch, I have an idea... just let me know and I will help.

notehead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: ACK! Varice, you out there?
Subject description: I'm in way over my head

Varice, I was able to modify the Huge Pads patch with no problems using the G2 Editor, but when I tried to figure out how to follow your suggestion with the "distant activity" patch I was totally stymied. Any chance you could give me some simple instructions?

(Got a show coming up in less than two weeks!)

Thanks!
varice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Try this modified patch Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

notehead wrote:
distant activity variation 3: This patch plays as soon as it is selected. I need the sound to be activated strictly from the keyboard, preferably with some amount of scaling the pitch from low to high. I would also like the pitch stick to affect the sound…

varice wrote:
...The distant activity patch would need some patch changes. It is a polyphonic self playing (noodle) patch. I guess that one idea could be to add a monokeyboard module and an envelope generator so that pressing a single key would gate the sound of all the voices and set a base pitch for the oscillators...

This patch is a relatively simple modification of the preset patch where I have added a monokey module that can be selected with a switch module (“KBT”) to add keyboard tracking (and pitch bend) to the pitch of the oscillators, and an amplitude envelope (Amp Env) ADSR module that can be selected with a switch (“Envelope”) to gate all of the polyphonic voices with a single key press. When the “KBT” switch is on, the base pitch of the oscillators will track a single note played on the keyboard, plus the pitch bend, otherwise the pitch of the oscillators will be as set by the course and fine settings of each oscillator. When the “Envelope” switch is on, the amplitude of all of the voices will be gated when a single key is pressed, otherwise all of the voices will drone like the original patch. The “KBT” and “Envelope” switch settings have been assigned to panel knobs, along with the “Amp Env” ADSR parameters.

Give this patch a try. Hopefully, it works the way that you want… if not, we can try again!

DistantActivity2.pch2
 Description:
preset patch modified to add some keyboard control

Download
 Filename:  DistantActivity2.pch2
 Filesize:  3.88 KB
 Downloaded:  2068 Time(s)

notehead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject:  That's great, thanks! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

THANK YOU, VARICE!

That works beautifully, and it's just what I need.

You rock!! Very Happy

Best,
notehead
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 FAQ
Jump to: