electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music
 
    Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Arturia Synths
ArtFfct.dll problem....
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
DES



Joined: Feb 28, 2003
Posts: 686
Location: New Jersey
Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: ArtFfct.dll problem....
Subject description: How to fix...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just purchased Jupiter 8v and Prophet V to add to my collection. Install went sort of smooth. I bought these using the Buy One - Get One Free deal - the Prophet was the freebie.

So I went to download it as indicated and the version downloaded was 1.2.1 which is strange since 2.0 was out. Installed it anyways and the eLicenser didn't like it so I went to the update section and downloaded/installed the version 2.0 Prophet - working fine.

I figure might as well uninstall the 1.2.1 version since it didn't work. Once I did that I started Kore 2.11 up to do some playing and when ever it scanned an Arturia synth I got an Alert! message saying that the file ArtFfct.dll didn't exist. Once Kore finished scanning I tried loading ARP 2600v to see what would happen and the Alert! message kept coming up repeatably until it crashed the program.

After searching around the Arturia forums I found information that the file in question needed to be installed (in Windows) to the C:/Windows/System32 directory. It was probably deleted when I uninstalled the 1.2.1 version of Prophet V.

The fix: Just re-install one of your Arturia synths. Make sure that if you have any custom programs that you back them up first.

All the Arturia synths seem to be happy now. Jupiter seems to use a lot of CPU though...

_________________
Dave
www.davesneed.com
www.myspace.com/desneed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Arturia Synths
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
e-m mkii

Please support our site. If you click through and buy from
our affiliate partners, we earn a small commission.


Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Copyright © 2003 through 2009 by electro-music.com - Conditions Of Use