electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » OSX as a music workstation
Audiomulch finally makes it to Mac OS X!!!!!
Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Audiomulch finally makes it to Mac OS X!!!!!
Subject description: This is awesome news!!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Audiomulch, the legendary Windows-based sonic music easel finally makes the leap to Mac OS X, as v2 appears in May 2009.

This is hot! Cool Cool Cool

More info here.

am2a10_mac.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  204.66 KB
 Viewed:  823 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

am2a10_mac.png

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Brilliant! Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great news for Mac OSX owners!

However, note that is is not free, unlike the exclusively Windows days. Now you need to pay $89 to holler with this thing.

Some old stuff on VIRB
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah- I must admit, in the current economic situation, it's going to be a tough one to shell out the $189 fee Shocked

Maybe I'll just re-clone my XP partition and reload it every 30 days? hehe Laughing

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
Yeah- I must admit, in the current economic situation, it's going to be a tough one to shell out the $189 fee Shocked

Maybe I'll just re-clone my XP partition and reload it every 30 days? hehe Laughing

It's 189 Euros in the UK???

It's $89 for US customers.

For free stuff there's always Pd, Chuck, Supercollider... Wink

Some old stuff on VIRB
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Er noooo! If you look at at the news page it's 89 to buy PLUS 89 for the upgrade, or 189 altogether (US dollars!). Fair play to Ross, but the uk pound is now worth 71 cents roughly. Shocked
GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
Er noooo! If you look at at the news page it's 89 to buy PLUS 89 for the upgrade, or 189 altogether (US dollars!). Fair play to Ross, but the uk pound is now worth 71 cents roughly. Shocked

Ah, I missed that. Sorry.

Good luck to Mr. Becina!

Some old stuff on VIRB
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its now out, 90 day evaluation download.

Lets see what all the fuss is about then.....
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got it. It's lovely! Cool Cool Cool

(I think though, I have to make up my mind what I should use. I love my music making apps on my iPhone, and could easily do everything I want with those. I'd really like a copy of Ableton and or a decent 8 track portastudio- perhaps even another iPod Touch Shocked

Choices! I need a new digicam too Shocked )

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm- found a bug in the weird non-Maclike interface. If you remove the tools palettes from the top bar in the main window (a very windows thing), there appears that there are no way of getting those tool bars back again. Shocked Anyone noticing this, or how to get them back again?
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you talking about View->Toolbars?

I'm still trying to work out the point of this software!

How are you meant to integrate it with anything else, it doesn't seem to support rewire or running as a plugin.

It seems pretty limited to me or am I missing something?

Andy
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
I need a new digicam too Shocked )

don't let spammers know about it Exclamation We would be invaded Wink

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
v-un-v wrote:
I need a new digicam too Shocked )

don't let spammers know about it Exclamation We would be invaded Wink

I think I'm going to get a Lumix G1 (cheap, but rather brilliant Leica!!)

Sorry for the OT!

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:

It seems pretty limited to me or am I missing something?

I think I should point out that at the time, there was nothing else out there apart from perhaps Max/MSP and Supercollider, that came anything near AM. Audiomulch was cheaper and was really easy to use. Since then we have had a plethora of other software that essentially does the same thing, released, and so AM doesn't really come across as anything that excited- at least to start with.

I think it has been people like "Four Tet" who have put AM on the Map, and created a buzz about the software. The limitations are what people like about it, as you can use AM as a sort of 'sound canvas' where extremely fucked up things can be created, and then dropped into an external DAW.

And nope, it's not as sophisticated as to support Rewire, but that's missing the point.

There's a huge list of artists on the AM page who have used AM for several recordings. Many of these artists are pioneers from the world of early British, German and American electronica.

BobTheDog

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ill look into it a bit more then, the thing I couldn't immediately work out is how use control signals. Does it support this sort of thing?
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PS, Andy, if you have "Spotify", you can listen to a lot of Four Tet's recordings. Kieran Hebden, who is Four Tet, was also in a band called "Fridge". I think much of Fridge's output on their LP "Happiness" was created with the help of AudioMulch (I may be wrong- but it certainly sounds like it!). There's a track off that LP that I love called "Cut up Piano and Xylophone"- well worth listening to! (via Spotify)
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
Ill look into it a bit more then, the thing I couldn't immediately work out is how use control signals. Does it support this sort of thing?

I believe so, yes.

BobTheDog

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the info Tom, I will have a listen and play around a bit more.

Cheers

Andy
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As we heave two threads going in different sub-forums I thought I would set a new one up here so all info is in one place:

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-248298.html#248298
pajzd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeps exciting indeed
i know about at least two belgian artists
one that goes by the name of rabbit,
but in the west flemish dialect,
// west flanders is a mini sort of region
let's call it province in belgium near
the french-y border ; ) /// who used to
get into audiomulch

check out his audiomulched-y music

http://soundcloud.com/studiomuscle/sets/kohn-1

*gentle edit*

i've been actually recently whispered politely this first release
from köhn was made with keyboards, guitars, korg ax 30g's, minidisc
multitracker, ... what not, but certainly not euhm computers, nor
audiomulch ... later albums were indeed mulched !!!

the second artist goes by the name: ovil bianca

& this amazing album has been mulched too he says !!!

http://soundcloud.com/ovilbianca/sets/the-wide-album

albeit released by the excellent kraak till the third ...

--------
psst, nobody understands westflemish Rolling Eyes

Last edited by pajzd on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
cappy2112

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:

Too bad they don't do what Waldorf does. Two OS installations on the same license/DVD.

Now that I have a Mac, I'm going to be bitching about Windows-only releases Wink

Actually they do!
I've installed Audio Mulch 2 on OSX using my windows license.

Last edited by cappy2112 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:

Now that I have a Mac,

Shocked Shocked Shocked

WHAAAAT??!!

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hal-e-lu-ju-wah! Laughing

So what brought on that moment of madness? I thought you detested "the dark side"? Shocked

(You'll have to tell me tomorrow- because I'm off to bed now! Razz Wifey don't like me chatting on forums. Laughing )

Very Happy

PS- download Camino. It's a browser that rocks on the Mac. Built on Mozilla technology, but behaves like Safari. It's a brick shithouse of a workhorse! Very Happy

cappy2112

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
cappy2112 wrote:

Now that I have a Mac,

Shocked Shocked Shocked

>>So what brought on that moment of madness? I thought you detested >>"the dark side"? Shocked
Not really. I was supposed to get a loaner a few years ago, but that fell through.

I bought one out of need to be Mac-savvy for a project at work.

PS- download Camino. It's a browser that rocks on the Mac. Built on Mozilla technology, but behaves like Safari. It's a brick shithouse of a workhorse! Very Happy

I can't say I've seen anything impressive with Safari, so far. But it's only been a few days, and I haven't done much web browsing with it.

Too many browsers out thee. Too many Linux distributions. Too many programming languages. The world needs to consolidate on just a few, and make those few absolute gems.

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Camino is NOT a linux distribution (unlike Firefox)
cappy2112

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
Camino is NOT a linux distribution (unlike Firefox)

No kidding. The point is ... there are too many choices of inferior software.
The Open source movement was supposed to make software better because people could write their own, or fix something that didn't work good. That doesn't seem to be what happened. Now we have many more programs which aren't robust.

Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » OSX as a music workstation
Jump to: