electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Echo base dual delay module
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Echo base dual delay module
Subject description: 2 PT2399 pcb's with mods & cv input / lfo mix
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Smile

Just finished designing the panel for my 2 ECHO BASE pcb's.
I've got 1 board populated and have added the clean kill / lfo kill / lfo wave shape pot / run away feedback / cv input .
for the cv input i was experimenting where & how and got a good result with an attenuated cv connected to the wiper of the lfo shape pot mod .
My feedback pot is very tame at maximum , i'll try to get a bit more soon.
initial tests were overloading the fx when connected to my modular ...so... i built a vero board CGS stopbox adapter... works a treat now , one more to build up & get the panel done (lazer printed vinyl sticker) , should have it all running during the Xmas holidays Smile

The wide space on the main controls is allow mounting the pots on the reverse side of the pcb to get the vertical layout i wanted Smile

Dave.

Echo base delay echo dec 20th 2010 cov curves BLUE sm.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.46 KB
 Viewed:  609 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

Echo base delay echo   dec 20th 2010  cov curves  BLUE sm.JPG

slacker

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very cool, look forward to seeing the real thing.

Out of interest what voltage are you running it off?
Skrog Productions

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Slacker Smile

i made a small vero board circuit with 12v +/- incomer to supply the CGS stompbox adaptor then through a +9v reg to supply the echobase Smile.

alu panel drilled & stickered , slight colour banding on the blue print on the panel but i'm glad just to get them done Smile .

i've been trying some things for my weak feed back and realised the run away F/B mod i done cuts the 20K out the circuit till i switch the run away on , so.... tracing the connections i've used a SPDT switch with the other pole connected via a 100K res. to the old 20K board thru hole , see diagram below , now i get either controlled feedback at 70% pot travel or max feedback , fab Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy, all will be built up over the next few days.

dual echo base panel.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.19 KB
 Viewed:  26139 Time(s)

dual echo base panel.JPG

feedback echobase pcb.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.89 KB
 Viewed:  677 Time(s)

feedback  echobase pcb.JPG

Skrog Productions

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finished ....Smile Smile....

i'm really happy with these delays , they work great with the usual sequency stuff i do for my music.
Also great for FX whooshes & zaps with a high pitch S&H controlled VCO run through them Smile.

My bypass led's were dim with a 50K load res , better with a 10K but with a 2K the internal Lfo stopped working so back to 10K .

I had breadboarded another type of PT2399 delay design a few years ago with not very good results , these , however , hooked up with Ken Stones stompbox adapter circuit work well with my diy modular ( and free up my 19" rack delays for the Juno's Smile ).

after reading previously about pots wired back to front i double checked with a continuity meter the minimum or ground legs of the pot connections and yes the pots get soldered to the track (back) side of the pcb .

listen to Epicyclus on the New Years Eve electro-music concert , Friday 19:30 GMT to hear them , i'll post some short sounds here after the weekend , thanks for having a look.
Dave W.
Epicyclus & Orchard.

delay1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  120.07 KB
 Viewed:  568 Time(s)

delay1.JPG

Delay rear.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  126.56 KB
 Viewed:  609 Time(s)

Delay  rear.JPG

Skrog Productions

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sounds.......

Hooked a vco to a h/pass filter thru a vca with lfo's & a sequencer c.v. controlling delay time later in the mp3, Smile

Dave.

vco's + lfo's thru Echobase.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  vco's + lfo's thru Echobase.mp3
 Filesize:  2.48 MB
 Downloaded:  1482 Time(s)

Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds and looks awesome Dave! Really pleased to see the boards in a modular environment. Slacker's circuit is so versatile that I find new fun things it can do all the time.

How have you done the CV for time mod? Just sending your CV to the base of the modulation transistor?

strategy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Taylor wrote:
Sounds and looks awesome Dave! Really pleased to see the boards in a modular environment. Slacker's circuit is so versatile that I find new fun things it can do all the time.

How have you done the CV for time mod? Just sending your CV to the base of the modulation transistor?

Yeah, do tell - would like to add an input to the standalone version I intend to build!

sneakthief

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Skrog Productions: do tell how you implemented your cv control Smile
Skrog Productions

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi , i added the cv in via an attenuator to the wiper of the lfo amount pot , best results if you kill the internal lfo with the lfo kill switch mod to run the external cv on it's own , you may need a resistor in series with the attenuator ground pin (something like a 10K) as the lfo amount wiper connection didn't like the internal lfo getting grounded by the cv pot when set at lowest , counter clockwise .

experiment a little to get results you like Smile
cheers.
Dave.
philoop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: echobase delay
Subject description: cv
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i see your extension board
any schematics?
and how to make feedback cv controlable
and a crossfeed?

sneakthief

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Re. stereo Echo Base crossfeed:

Success!

I took the feedback output (CW pin of the feedback pot) of the Left delay pcb, sending it to a non-inverting opamp buffer which then goes to a 20KA pot, and finally to a 20k mixing resistor that goes in the connection between the 4n7 capacitor and the 20k resistor that's on the pcb. (And the same for the other side.)

I used this buffer schematic and biased the input with the 5V output. I also put a 100n cap after the 10uF (very important!):

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

http://www.muzique.com/lab/buffers.htm

Also, the CV-input works well. I put a diode between the cv-input jack and the ground to remove all negative CV voltages. I connected it directly to the base of the BC560/2N5087 with a 20k resistor.

Please note: the Echo Base will invert your audio signal because it uses one inverting opamp and a non-inverting opamp.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: