electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Chameleon
SID emulation
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
skacid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: SID emulation Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm wishing for that SID sound on the Chamy. After listening to demonstations of Midibox SID I feel that emulation of this chip could be worth the effort. I'm thinking of a QuadraSID engine the would emulate the SID sound while excluding 6510 emulation and instead offering envelopes and arpegiators that would traditionally be used in 8-bit composition tools. Not sure how I would approach SID "samples" but that feature may have to wait. I may be able to get a hold of some 56001 SID emulator source as this has been done twice on the atari falcon using its internal dsp (56001).

What ever happened to the rumoured SID plug-in for the Chamy. Is anyone sitting on some emulation code?
Junk Rhythm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would be very interested in a SID emulation on the Chameleon and recently I started looking up information to attempt one. The idea is on the back burner at least through October for me but that does give me time to read more about the SID. It's still good to know that others are interested in it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
si-rus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A SID emulation would be really cool. Elektron seem to have done a really good job with theirs. Not sure what DSP the MM uses though.

IIRC the Chameleon SID emulation was one of the proposed soundskins for the ill fated MkII. No idea how far along they got with it or if any of those guys frequent these parts.

Got some datasheets for the 6510 kicking around here somewhere, but that's way too big a project for me to undertake any time soon. Good luck with it and keep us all posted Cool
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: SID emulation Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

skacid wrote:
I'm wishing for that SID sound on the Chamy.
What ever happened to the rumoured SID plug-in for the Chamy. Is anyone sitting on some emulation code?

Here's another way to emulate a SID although it has nothing to do with the Chameleon.

There are many C64 emulators out there, this is the latest.

clementshawes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I take it no one went any further with the SID concept for Chammy then - I did see it listed in things relating to the Chammy Mk2 (did this ever happen?) but nothing as to even if it's possible on a Mk1 device
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Chameleon
Jump to: