electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Modular Synthesis
DO NOT DEAL DIRECT CYNTHIA WEBSTER
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
amnesia

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: DO NOT DEAL DIRECT CYNTHIA WEBSTER Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Over on Muff WIggler
http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/topic-59876.html

" it's time to discuss cynthia" it is starting to become evident that many suckers like myself have paid in full $1550 well over a year ago, some people mention as far back as 4 years ago for a ZOe that has never seen the light of day.

This individual CYNTHIA WEBSTER of CYNDUSTRIES is one of the biggest liars I have ever dealt with. Every conversation with her you are being led to believe a product that you paid for is only a few weeks away and that something always happens for the delay.

People chasing refunds are now being fed the same lies.

PLEASE DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THIS PERSON SHE IS A THIEF.

Last edited by amnesia on Sat May 26, 2012 2:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
divisionbyzero

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

+1. spread the word, keep your money away from cynthia.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The thread at muff's is not world visible? (could not find it).
divisionbyzero

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the thread is in the member's only section, maybe we should have someone move it where it can be public?
amnesia

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it should be moved to public.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think so yeah ... now it's just a "Cynthia sucks" post here, which doesn't make much sense in itself.
amnesia

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it is now public

Last edited by amnesia on Sat May 26, 2012 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dougster

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At risk of drawing ire on myself in much the same way Dmitri did in the muff thread, this mainly seems to me to be the latest in a series of public trials of an analog module manufacturer.

Please don't misunderstand me, on one hand, I can believe that people have paid money to buy modules from Cynthia that they have not received. At the same time, I can also believe that those modules will be delivered at some point in the future. If you've been around the analog synth module business for any length of time, you will see that there are many overly optimistic people on both sides. Some manufacturers/builders/distributors give overly optimistic delivery dates, and some customers have overly optimistic expectations of when they will receive the product that they order, and overly optimistic expectations of the level of communication they can expect from the supplier. In my experience, Blacet is the only manufacturer that has timely deliveries, all others are slow. Some times, deliveries really are measured in terms of months instead of weeks or days. For example, I have purchased things from Synth Tech and Plan B that took three years to deliver. They're not the only ones - I've waited for a lot of orders. Some times I sent emails or left voice messages asking where the product was, without response. Other times, I was able to approach a distributor face to face. In the end, I received everything that I ordered. It was worth the wait.

It's one thing to report that you have not received a product for a certain amount of time and to warn other people that there are delivery issues. I believe it is quite a different thing to use the court of public opinion to condemn someone, especially when they are not involved in the process, and therefore not able to explain or defend themselves.

Regards,
Doug

Every DIY person should own a copy of Electronotes: http://electronotes.netfirms.com

Blue LEDs are evil.
amnesia

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doug

I am not a newcomer to the modular world and I have seen, and been part of the Peter Grenader problems etc.

Cynthia has had my money for over 14 months $1500 of it and if you care to read over at muffs quite a lot of people have been burned by her. Some paid back in 2008!

If a person is given any money to make a product and does not deliver that said product then that money has been stolen via deception.

I have been lied to all the way with Cynhia. I have asked for a full refund to which I have been given more lies.

Cynthia has new module building equipment and new video company . She has bought these items with other peoples money.

Here is another thread!
http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/post-812360.html&highlight=#812360
Dougster

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dougster wrote:
It's one thing to report that you have not received a product for a certain amount of time and to warn other people that there are delivery issues.

amnesia wrote:
Here is another thread!
http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/post-812360.html&highlight=#812360

Bingo!

BTW, congrats on 3700 posts at muff's!

Regards,
Doug

Every DIY person should own a copy of Electronotes: http://electronotes.netfirms.com

Blue LEDs are evil.
amnesia

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the new thread ON MUFFS shows $10k worth of STOLEN money. BEWARE OF CYNTHIA BRETT WEBSTER.
-minus-

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With respect Doug, this is a situation we see way too often. I would be totally pissed off if I handed over that sort of money and received nothing.

I think people should hold off promising things until they are definitely in a position to come up with the goods. I've noticed you are in the category of those you are defending. I see a history of excuses why something hasn't happened. It's about time people started to get professional here and raised their standards. Weak excuses don't look good, at all.

EDIT just to clarify, I am not accusing Doug of ripping people off.
Dougster

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Thin ice.... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-minus- wrote:
I would be totally pissed off if I handed over that sort of money and received nothing.

Yes, I agree. I do not condone that kind of behavior.

Quote:
I think people should hold off promising things until they are definitely in a position to come up with the goods. I've noticed you are in the category of those you are defending.

If you mean the overly optimistic individual who committed to make $20,000 of kits and then had to to wait while several parts were put on backorder, one for over a year, then yes, I am in that category. One thing I did receive on time was the $12,000 of red, orange, yellow and white E-Switches, which I have been sitting on ever since. I have been paying 18% on that charge card for far too long. And before you ask, I am not passing that cost on to the people who are buying kits from me.

Quote:
I see a history of excuses why something hasn't happened. It's about time people started to get professional here and raised their standards. Weak excuses don't look good, at all.

Agreed. Most of my reasons have sounded weak even to me. (How many of you have a teenage daughter?) At this stage, the only thing I can do is be honest and continue down the path, trying to catch up.

As that old saying goes, I don't really have much of a leg to stand on, but it makes me sad to see someone tried and condemned in the court of public opinion. At least with Peter, he showed up and hung himself...

Regards,
Doug

Blue LEDs are evil.
abstraktor

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the thread on Muff Wiggler's where members are posting how much Cyndustries owe them. Current total is running at $14000 - and this is a conservative estimate.

dlmorley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Worth bumping this thread

Cynthia needs to fix this quick.
Admitting you are n trouble would be a good start and then selling her modular system or parts thereof to offer refunds would be the easiest way.
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Modular Synthesis
Jump to: