electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Faux Pas Quartet and friends Music From Last Thursday
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Problems with OSX 10.6.5+ and Nomad?
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject:  Problems with OSX 10.6.5+ and Nomad?
Subject description: Have you tried this?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-45710.html
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Venn Diagram

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am on 10.7.5 and have NEVER gotten NOMAD to work.
Ended up just getting an old IBM T43P with XP Pro for around $100 and using the old 3.03 Clavia editor to avoid any grief. Tried a million and one voodoo tricks and either the Nord Modular or the iMac was going to go out the window in a fit of frustration.
I'd just suggest finding a medium that runs the original editor - all IMHO.

http://venndiagram.ca

https://soundcloud.com/venndigram

https://myspace.com/venndiagram
secretkillerofnames

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Venn Diagram wrote:
I am on 10.7.5 and have NEVER gotten NOMAD to work.
Ended up just getting an old IBM T43P with XP Pro for around $100 and using the old 3.03 Clavia editor to avoid any grief. Tried a million and one voodoo tricks and either the Nord Modular or the iMac was going to go out the window in a fit of frustration.
I'd just suggest finding a medium that runs the original editor - all IMHO.

I agree. I've spent many a frustrating hour trying to get either Nomad or the Clavia editor to work on Mountain Lion. Every-time someone posts a workaround I sigh and try again - forever disappointed Laughing

Life's too short... Better to just get a cheap Windows laptop, netbook, tablet and one of the USB-MIDI interfaces that have been ratified a few times as working on here. I'm using a UM-One MK2 with a Win 8 tablet and it's pretty good. If I want a bigger screen for editing I use Splashtop or project it.
Ali M

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The best method I found was using a M-Audio Midisport Uno, Virtualbox and MicroXP (that was mentioned somewhere in a previous thread) on Snow Leopard. I think it should work on any OSX install.

Other than getting the Uno to be exclusive to Virtualbox (which I still can't figure out how to do) This method is more stable than using my PC with full XP on it.

Don't waste any more time. Get a good midi interface and install MicroXP. I think the whole process took me about half an hour and I'm a bit slow with computers...
jonah

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ali M wrote:
The best method I found was using a M-Audio Midisport Uno, Virtualbox and MicroXP (that was mentioned somewhere in a previous thread) on Snow Leopard. I think it should work on any OSX install.

Other than getting the Uno to be exclusive to Virtualbox (which I still can't figure out how to do) This method is more stable than using my PC with full XP on it.

Don't waste any more time. Get a good midi interface and install MicroXP. I think the whole process took me about half an hour and I'm a bit slow with computers...

i haven't tried the editor yet, but i just installed microxp and wow. thanks for mentioning it again. best windows i've used. Smile i'd given up testing because windows was such a hassle and time suck to install.

and cool works with elektron tm-1 midi interface. nice, now i can use the g4 just for logic environment, sound diver and so on. Smile

three finger drag from osx in windows is good too. clicking the worst part about mousing for me.
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: