electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  EdisonRex Edison's Electronic Review
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Online Music
Good Vibrations EP - Track 1
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Omega Wood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Good Vibrations EP - Track 1 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cynosure
Site Admin

Audio files: 42

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool track. I really like the kinda of grungy sounding lead that starts at about 10 seconds. I am curious what made that sound and what fx were used on it.
Omega Wood

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cynosure wrote:
Cool track. I really like the kinda of grungy sounding lead that starts at about 10 seconds. I am curious what made that sound and what fx were used on it.

Well, if you work like all others or most ones, you get the same results, so I did not did what most people would do. I worked with 6 bits audio resultion and 32 khz and did all mixing and fx pre-editing with mono till the complex mixing process was done, if you mix 2 channels after the modification together, it changes the flux because the channel also contains informations that regulate the behaviour of transients, the vortex, the formants and other things that influence the sound behaviour.

You can go very deep and end up just with mathematical formulas if expansive plugins aren´t good enough for you because they may not work in a larger executive layer that you use within your imagination. I wanted a vintage like dusty sound, but I did not used plugins in a way so you just push a button and you get a sound like that. I love to work the hard way if I create something within the layer of art and expression. It was that much editing that I don´t have the joy to work for each track I do that much on the sound, because I´m unsigned and my music gets anyway mostly ignored with about 15 views per month and no comments at all.

I like to read how famous producers and sound engineers work on the sound for so called stars, but mostly I´m shocked to see how cheap these people of the music industry work and they got millions of dollars and are able to work in different large expansive studios, so if they get with all these bonus and extra things just the results they sell to the so called executive producers of Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj and others, its making me wonder what I could get done with their options. But I wouldn´t like to work for these vampires of the music industry. They all are nasty vampires. Everyone wants to be a genius and have a higher position like the rest and thats nothing I support.

I like to explore and go deep with imagination, but its nothing I take serious, its just a cool love to have fun making music and sounds. I don´t like to speak much about the process. I just do what feels to sound like I got it in my imagination and this can get highly complex or so simple that it sounds like garbage and most stuff I do sounds to most people like bullshit, but thats ok, because I love bullshit. Most humans also support bullshit. Bullshit like killing millions of cows so McDonalds has more money to sell you unhealthy food as a example. This world really is so fucked up that its not worth to think about good and bad in terms of quality of lifestyle within the layer of passion for expression.

Noise is a good example of so called bullshit. Most people hate noise. They close the window. But if noise has some special kind of arrangement, people may start to like it and thats the tragedy of mankinds mind, humans love bullshit as long it has a special kind of arrangement, like politics or a circus that puts tigers and lions into a cage so humans can enjoy their day for a few minutes while watching suffering animals in the dark cold corner of a cage.
Cynosure
Site Admin

Audio files: 42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So a combination of bit crushing and phasing. Very interesting approach to creating fx by not using any premade fx. That gives me some ideas to experiment with.

Thanks!
Omega Wood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cynosure wrote:
So a combination of bit crushing and phasing. Very interesting approach to creating fx by not using any premade fx. That gives me some ideas to experiment with.

Thanks!

No. Not at all. Not a combination of "just bitcrushing and phasing". Thats like drawing silly around with a neon marker on the dirty door of a smelly public toilet and saying that you are painting the Mona Lisa by doing this. Bit crushing anyway doesn´t exist, its actually just bit reduction and thats a huge difference. Phasing is something that most people will just associate with flanger like sounds, but phasing also can be just used as a trigger for complexer routings of sonical behaviours, that actually not sound phased, but use a concept thats similar to phasing behaviour.
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: