electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Jez Adventures in Sound
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Online Music
New release: digital album Drifting Memories
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
brainvoyager

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject:  New release: digital album Drifting Memories
Subject description: Four ambiental & rhythmic tracks
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally my second digital album Drifting Memories has been released! Almost 82 minutes of ambiental & rhythmic music. The four tracks differ from the versions on Youtube. As to the Youtube videos of the four tracks on Drifting Memories, some tracks differ in their final mixes whereas the others differ because of some extra parts that have been played to them. Only on Soundcloud you can hear the album versions.

I hope you like my album and I would like to hear your opinion. Smile

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Info: Brainvoyagermusic.com

Tracklist:
  1. Awake In Swirling Dreams ► Listen on Soundcloud
  2. Drifting Memories ► Listen on Soundcloud
  3. All That Has Been ► Listen on Soundcloud
  4. Ascension ► Listen on Soundcloud

brainvoyager

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Review on Drifting Memories Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Review on Drifting Memories by Sylvain Lupari

With its mosaic of e-beats and floating ambiences, Drifting Memories is a pleasant discovery which shines of the influences from Robert Schroeder all over its 80 minutes.

Internet, and more exactly Bandcamp, became a real opencast mine where sparkle some underestimated talents in all the music forms. And it’s even more true with EM. We have that to think of Gustavo Jobim, DigitalSimplyWorld, E-Musikgruppe Lux Ohr, Christopher Alvarado and Sequential Dreams to hear all the talent which expresses itself in this virtual universe.

Brainvoyager is also a part of this new wave of sound creators who expose their works on the Web. If the name seems to you familiar it is because it’s inspired by the album of the same name that Robert Schroeder released in 1985. “Drifting Memories”, even here the mixture of both names brushes two albums of Schroeder, is the 2nd opus from Brainvoyager and presents 4 long minimalist music pieces which border the 20 minutes and among which the slow evolutions present continual fights between rhythms and ambiences. And if we can make a narrow correlation between the famous musician of Aachen and this project of the Dutch musician Jos Verboven it would rests exactly on a mosaic of very contemporary rhythms which beats some iconic measures in electronic ambiences apparently inspired by the model of retro Berlin School.

The stroboscopic filets which wind the introduction of “Awake in Swirling Dreams” get couple to some fascinating vocal samplings of which the childish singings get melt to a meshing of jerked pulsations and beatings. From the outset, Brainvoyager propels us in a universe of House and Jungle Music with brusque tempos which lose their deafening beatings into nice more ambient spheres. It is what happens after the first 4 minutes. The winds of Orion, I hear the slow cosmic waltzes of Software here, caress the last rhythmic palpitations of “Awake in Swirling Dreams” entailing the listener towards a superb paradise for dreamers with a slow movement of cosmic waltz which gets lost in some zigzagging pulsations where the revival of the rhythms restarts slowly. “Awake in Swirling Dreams” is thus divided into 4 segments where the rhythms have precedence on ambiences with synths of which the charming vocal harmonies melt themselves marvelously in a structure of rhythms as much stroboscopic than jerky which, at times, chose the ambient sweetnesses of more morphic synths in order to expose better its latent velocity. This is good! But it’s quite necessary to listen more than once to get into it. And at the end, we hang on it. I hear some Geoff Downes and a Schroeder more contemporary to Brain Voyager there. These synths weavers of awaken dreams feed the very nice ambio-cosmic intro of the title-track, I hear Tomita here, where the diverse movements embroider a symphony for cosmic drifting. The synth waves which roll in countersense are splendid. They beautify a rich electronic musicality which little by little turns into an astral choir of which the peaceful singings wrap a soft structure of passive rhythm. And it’s there that the influence of Robert Schroeder jumps to ears. “Drifting Memories” presents these keyboards with the talking keys, exploited so well by Schroeder at the turning of the 80′s, which overhang an ambient rhythm and its stroboscopic threads which go and come, roam and drift in a dense ambiospherical fauna.

This influence of Schroeder on Brainvoyager can be felt more and more as long as we move forward in “Drifting Memories”, in particular on the Ambient House style “All That has Been” and its introduction which binds itself to that of the title-track with soft chords sparkling into cosmic mists. Lines of synth, as the astral voices, are cooing and floating over the rollings of the percussions as well as the dance of the keys and their crystal clear tones, while that quietly the rhythm, subdivided between jerked pulsations and random beatings, is melting into an ambient mass in order to be absorbed by these slow cosmic waltzes, these sibylline singings and these floating synth solos which swallow all of this diverse rhythmic fauna of “Drifting Memories”. This is a quite good track. The voices and the Berber singings which introduce “Ascension” don’t deviate it from the axis of the Ambient House and Chill Out styles which surrounds the minimalist envelope of the impromptu and explosive rhythms of “Drifting Memories”. The rhythm is clearly more present, even if always it gets lost and is magnetized by dense morphic envelopes. It inhales of this duality between the hypnotic movements of Berlin School and those of the more current electronic music scene while being very near, but very near, of Robert Schroeder’s influences.

I would say that this “Drifting Memories” from Brainvoyager is a pleasant discovery. It’s necessary on the other hand to be patient to tame well these structures which are all alike while being rather different. Contradiction you will say? Well, it’s often the lot of those long minimalist works. I like this mixture of contemporary rhythms with those more sedentary and hypnotic of the Berlin School. But I would say that the strength of “Drifting Memories” lies in the ambiences and these sonic flashbacks which remind so much the evolutions and the changes of skins of Robert Schroeder. To listen in solo and with earphones in order to really let us drifted with our memories.

Sylvain Lupari, February 16th, 2014 - gutsofdarkness.com & synthsequences.blogspot.ca

Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: