electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Theremin
Thereminists wanted for collaborative project
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
audioplaybackengineer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Thereminists wanted for collaborative project Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am looking for theremin players to contribute to project that started through the muffwiggler forum.

There are two of us involved at the moment.

The idea is to create an "orchestra" (i use this term very loosly! Smile ) each member will utilize his own unique set of equipment and is free to perform in any style.. the result, im sure will be far from classical. The idea is to combine both melodic and more abstract elements into a cohesive arrangement, without specific genre.

This piece called "organic" was my first attempt at a theremin track,

https://soundcloud.com/subliminalsandwich/organic

controlling my euro modular.

the only pre-requisite is that it is entirely controlled/performed on the theremin.

There is a plan for a video, so some sort of recording of your performances will be needed if this is to happen. The theremin is great to watch, and a video would add a lot to how it comes accross to an audience.

Efforts will be shared over dropbox allowing us to use each others material as inspiration and starting points for our own contribution. and work towards a finished piece.

Production and Mastering will be done by myself, although if you have experience and/or access to equipment which would help us to achieve the best possible result, let me know.

Feel free to ask questions and register your interest. Some commitment and time will be needed but it is very open ended at this stage. The project will not be rushed, but active participation will be needed to keep momentum.

I think it will be a very fun project to work on, with a completely unique sound.

looking forward to getting some involvement from people here at electro-music.. Smile
audioplaybackengineer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We will be starting this project soon so if you are interested, please let me know.

The soundcloud link is just an example of my past theremin based work.

Contributions in any style is welcome..

For a taste of what other contributors have done.. check out this instrument "the artemis":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRdTDTK3QTQ
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Theremin
Jump to: