electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Experimental
Korg mono/poly emulation
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
thapoke

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Korg mono/poly emulation Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, I finally have a G2!

I have been trying to recreate my korg monopoly as I have to sell it.

The monophonic and arpeggiator modes are easy enough, but the paraphonic section is more difficult. The monopoly has 4 oscillators going through one filter and VCA with an adsr envelope each.

There are 2 problems

In paraphonic mode the key assigner plays oscillator 1 for the first note and if that note is still held down it will play oscillator 2 , then 3 then 4...

If you let go of the first key held down it free's up oscillator 1 - so that will be used for the next key struck.

So the assigner will always play the lowest free oscillator that is not already held down.

I have not been able to recreate this using the status module or the counter - it seems to always assign a new voice and step through the voices in a random order depending on what has been played previously... it should always start on osc 1 then go to the next available oscillator that isn't held down already

The envelopes can be set to retrigger every time a new note is struck or to have a single trigger on the first note.

Single trigger mode is easy using the mono keyboard module but multiple triggering using the keyboard module makes the envelopes retrigger both when you strike a key and when you release it - it should only happen on a key on event..

this thread has the same problem but i don't know if it was resolved.. http://srv4.electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?highlight=paraphonic&t=30835

Any help appreciated!

Monopoly multi.pch2
 Description:
this is the patch with the weird retriggering problem and assignment problems

Download
 Filename:  Monopoly multi.pch2
 Filesize:  3.04 KB
 Downloaded:  3786 Time(s)

Monopoly single.pch2
 Description:
this has strange voice assignment but correct envelope single trigger mode

Download
 Filename:  Monopoly single.pch2
 Filesize:  3.06 KB
 Downloaded:  3766 Time(s)

Monopoly arp.pch2
 Description:
this one is why the monopoly is good!

Download
 Filename:  Monopoly arp.pch2
 Filesize:  2.98 KB
 Downloaded:  3913 Time(s)

Last edited by thapoke on Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
thapoke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this mono poly patch is in the archive but it doesn't work the same as a monopoly , keyassignements are random http://srv4.electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?highlight=korg+mono+poly&t=4665
thapoke

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

apologies this is in the wrong section, can this be moved to experimental patches please?

also I have been trying to get my head around the diy pattern appegiator building block which has a keyboard scanning circuit here http://www.electro-music.com/forum/topic-39414.html

- could this be used to make a 4 voice keyboard scanning/ voice assigner?
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thapoke wrote:
can this be moved to experimental patches please?

Of course Smile

Sorry to not be able to help out though.

thapoke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks blue hell

Still trying to get this to work, I have got the multi trigger mode to work by sending a pulse to the fx section every time a new voice is triggered, which is getting closer to a monopoly in polyphonic multi trigger mode...

only the release stage of the amp envelope is triggered though, but this is an approximation of some monopoly patches.

If you've never played a monopoly try holding a 2 note chord in the upper part of the keyboard and then play a baseline - every new bass note triggers the chord again... or hold down a bass note and play different chords - every new chord triggers the bass note.... oh the joys of paraphony

still can't get the voice allocation to work in a predictable manner but I'm working on it...

Monopoly multi2.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Monopoly multi2.pch2
 Filesize:  3.16 KB
 Downloaded:  3761 Time(s)

Electromagnetic Wave

G2 patch files: 38

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi thapoke! Glad for you !

Quote:
In paraphonic mode the key assigner plays oscillator 1 for the first note and if that note is still held down it will play oscillator 2 , then 3 then 4...

I think you have adapted the technique at the end of the thread you posted before in your last patch... Here is another way in the patch I attached. Tell me if this is what you want please and if you understand it. That's just a start. Need to dig a little bit on the release mode.

Quote:
try holding a 2 note chord in the upper part of the keyboard and then play a baseline - every new bass note triggers the chord again... or hold down a bass note and play different chords - every new chord triggers the bass note

Probably you can do this with the 'KB Split' function. Just need to share the trigger from the lower (bass) and upper (chord) each other.

Edit: The tuning in the SeqCtrl need to be set properly but the main idea is there.

polytrig32.pch2
 Description:
Building Block - Tring to do this : "key assigner plays oscillator 1 for the first note and if that note is still held down it will play oscillator 2 , then 3 then 4"

Download
 Filename:  polytrig32.pch2
 Filesize:  7.13 KB
 Downloaded:  3815 Time(s)

thapoke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey thanks for this, Ill have a proper look soon, had no time recently, cheers
tomhall

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

killer patch
Electromagnetic Wave

G2 patch files: 38

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made another version to replace the sequencers used for tuning by the keyboard pitch output. Take less ressources. I added another osc, now 4.

I added lfo for each osc and some morphing with the modwhell on all 8 variations just for fun. After the 4 notes is pressed it's possible to just keep hold the last note from the chord. Usefull to tweak parameters with one hand when a chord is active.

polytrigEWv22.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  polytrigEWv22.pch2
 Filesize:  3.47 KB
 Downloaded:  3700 Time(s)

Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Experimental
Jump to: