electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
The Garden
Page 2 of 23 [557 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 21, 22, 23 Next
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here's a photo of the morning glory seeds after 2 days in the coffeefilter. I forgot to mention that this time
I also nicked all the seeds with a nailclipper.

btw I do have a lot of the early jalapeno and banana pepper seeds (I had a 100% germination rate with these)
+ pink morning glory and datura stramonium. I have some other pepper seeds as well but I can't promise they
aren't a hybrid. So if anybody is interested in those I can send some seeds as long as you pay for shipping + packaging
(probably 1,50 maybe 3,- depending on the weight of the packaging). Or maybe trade against some other seeds,
but I think I have enough at the moment Wink

morning glories - 01.jpg
 Description:
morning glory sprouts.
top: heavenly blue
bottom: flying saucers
 Filesize:  188.66 KB
 Viewed:  817 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

morning glories - 01.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

time for some updates:

* THE WITCH GARDEN *

There hasn't been much activity in the black container itself except for one plant (or actually a couple of them) of which
I haven no idea what it is. I think it is something that just seeded itself in there and for now I just let it grow, but It definitely
isn't a nightshade. However, as mentioned I had some datura's sprouting in another pot and I've found some more sprouting
in other pots. Those are the Datura stramonium so I've replanted some of those. Two of those turned out to be Nicandra
physalodes and I came across some more seedlings of it so those got replanted too. Also two of the Datura inoxia seeds have
sprouted, one only very recently so I can't replant it yet but the other one got a nice spot in the witch garden.

I don't see any signs of the Henbane or other seeds I have sown in there but as mentioned a lot of those are very old seeds.
Also none of the Datura metel seeds have sprouted yet, none of the Atropa belladonna seeds and there hasn't been any sign of
life in the container with the Solanum dulcamara either. But now that the temperature has finally gone up a bit some of those
seeds might start sprouting.

MORNING GLORIES

The nicking and soaking of the seeds worked great and I ended up with about 25 seedlings. However most of them aren't looking
great and haven't really started growing yet, most likely due to the low temperatures and lack of sunshine. I had replanted a
couple but some of them didn't survive. Apparently Morning glories don't like to be replanted. Some have started showing some
new growth though, I guess they liked the sunshine of the last couple of days Razz . But just in case and because I have plenty of
seeds (except for the Milky Way) I soaked some new seeds and I've sown those in peat pots so the roots don't get disturbed
when I plant them in their final locations.

PEPPERLAND

From the plants that I overwintered only the Jalapenos are showing some new growth, one of the chocolate habaneros definitely
didn't survive but the other one and the two Big Jims aren't looking very alive either. I wouldn't really mind getting rid of them
though as I could really use the space. From the one I've sown this year I selected the best looking ones and repotted them so
of those I now have:
2x Early Jalapeno
2x Banana pepper
2x Jamaican Red Hot
2x Tinkerbell
3x Little Elf
3x Ghost pepper
3x Purple Tiger (they have some really nice dark purple leaves)

I also had three very small ones (2x Tinkerbell, 1x Purple Tiger) that I planted in some other containers which have a bunch of
other stuff growing in them, four plants that are slightly bigger but don't look so good (I might just get rid of those) and I still
have 4 plants indoors (2x early jalapeno, 2x banana pepper). Anyway, more then enough pepperplants for this year Very Happy

My fern has also started to show some signs of life. I am not sure what kind of fern it is, could be a male fern but it is one with
those typical fractal like leaves, I might take some photos ones it starts spiraling out. (more ferns in another update)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got a bit creative making special plant labels for the peppers.

I first made some for the Tinkerbell peppers. For those I used some Tinkerbell stickers I got years ago as a gift and I stuck them
onto some pieces of wood that I painted with blue, green and sparkling purple spraypaint and I added some glitter and stars on the
backside to make it extra sparkling Wink . I bend some copperwire and glued that to the top and bottom and used some small bells to
add a bit of weight to it. The sticks themselves were also painted with blue, green and sparkling purple spraypaint and I added some
small mushrooms to those. To make it a bit weather proof I covered everything with some clear coating.

The other ones I made are for the Jamaican Hot Red peppers for which I wanted a more natural look. I started with cutting some
wooden stir sticks (for paint) into pieces and deliberately cut them at slightly different lengths. I rounded the corners a bit, glued
them together and sanded them smooth for the next step. I added an image of a pepper to an image of a jamaican flag and printed
it out (4x). Then I added a layer of PVA glue to the wood, placed the printouts with the print facing down onto it and let it dry. After
it had dried for a couple of hours I used a bit of water to rub off the paper leaving the print on the wood (front and backside). It is
not a perfect transfer but exactly the look I was going for. For the sticks I used bamboo in which I drilled a hole and added a
wooden skewer which I secured with some hemp twine and a bit of glue. The signs themselves where also attached using some
hemp twine. These will also function as plant supports.

For the banana peppers I just used some plastic skewers I had which have a small banana on top (might turn up in some other photos).
For the ghost peppers I am thinking of maybe doing something with Pacman ghosts. I don't really have any ideas for the other ones yet
but I did find a nice tiger image which I turned purple by adjusting the hue. I am not sure how I am going to use it though, maybe in a
somewhat similar way as I did for the Jamaican Red Hot peppers.

Tinkerbell pixie sticks - 01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  99.21 KB
 Viewed:  775 Time(s)

Tinkerbell pixie sticks - 01.jpg

Tinkerbell pixie sticks - 02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  104.04 KB
 Viewed:  748 Time(s)

Tinkerbell pixie sticks - 02.jpg

Jamaican Red Hot sticks - 01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  106.92 KB
 Viewed:  763 Time(s)

Jamaican Red Hot sticks - 01.jpg

Jamaican Red Hot sticks - 02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  94.45 KB
 Viewed:  810 Time(s)

Jamaican Red Hot sticks - 02.jpg

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More plants!

I have two half round hanging baskets mounted against the wall that have the bee hotels. I tried growing some
strawberries in them years ago but since they hardly got any light (the wall faces north) and it dries out pretty quick
that wasn't a succes. After that I've never had any plants in them. This seemed like a bit of a waste so I looked up if
there would be any plants suitable for those conditions and found a couple perennials that I like:
1) Ferns: I think they will look great against the wall. Luckely my parents constantly have ferns appearing in a bunch
of containers (also where my other one came from) so I got two small ones from them.
2) Lungwort: These always flower early with very nice small pink/purple flowers. It is also one my parents have so
I got two of those too.
3) Ivy: With a bit of luck some will actually cover the wall and some will hang down over the edge of the baskets.
I knew there should probably some of it growing nearby, so last saturday I took my pruning shears with me and went
for a walk. I did indeed find it growing against some trees so I cut some of the new growth off to make cuttings.
I used a seedling tray for those and since it has 24 compartments I made 24 cuttings. Two days later I noticed that
a lot of them already had new roots appearing at the top on the side of the stems. So I made 12 new, small cuttings
of the cuttings which I put into small peat pots. Since these don't have any woody stems they should be ideal.
4) Fairy wings (Epimedium): Did I mention I like fairies ? Wink But where to get it ? I looked for seeds online but didn't
have any luck. We do have a garden center nearby though, so maybe,..

Besides the halfround baskets I also have some round ones that actually hang from chains. I never used them
though since I don't have anything to hang them from. But I came up with a spot where I could hang one. It will get
a lot of sun and I decided to go with some very basic flowers for it: Petunias! (I just found out they are related
to nightshades Razz ) I'll probably add a label that says "Oh no, not again!" (bonus points if you get the reference)

Since I wanted some petunias, was curious if I could get some fairy wings and needed some peat pots for the
morning glories I decided to take a trip to the garden center. As I already expected I found the petunias immediatly
after I entered. I usually tend to go for blue/white/pink/purpe flowers and initially picked up some white petunias.
But then I thought, let's be bold and go with something else for a change, so I put the white ones back and picked up
some red ones.

After looking at some more plants I came across some Lupines. (I have already sown some of those of named "pixie
delight", which is an annual dwarf, variety but only 2 seeds have sprouted so far and they are still very small) Since it
was rather cheap and already a nice size which should produce some flowers this year I decided to get one. It is called
"the governor" and should get purple/blue + white flowers. (nb. the "Pixie delight" has blue/purple/pink + white flowers)

Next to the lupines they had some Aquilegias (actually it was a rack with a bunch of plants all for the same price).
I had already been thinking of getting one since I really like the flowers they produce and this was a nice white variety.
It's a perennial and apparently frost resistant down to -25C so with a bit of luck I will have it for many years. It will
probably also self seed so I might get some more of them over time.

I walked around a bit more looking at all the nice plants, resisting the urge to pick up anything else, and actually came
across some fairy wings Very Happy . I did hesitate for a couple of minutes as I've seen varieties which have nicer colors and the
pot also might be a bit large to fit into the basket, assuming it is filled with roots as is often the case with store bought plants.
But since it was one of the reasons I had actually gone to the garden center and they actually had it I decided to get it.

Towards the end of the store they always have a selection of small cacti and there was one that immediatly caught my attention.
It was also the only one of its kind and had a label "special" on it so I couldn't resist and it also ended up in my shopping basket.
As did some other very small plants, which I will keep indoors, but I will probably take some photos of those.

I actually have some more plants but more about those another time. Wink

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a photo of the "special" cactus. I think I'll name it Timmy!
(after Timmy Burch who is also a bit "special")

edit: It's not a real cactus but some kind of Euphorbia, most likely Euphorbia ferox.

special cactus - 02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  363.1 KB
 Viewed:  797 Time(s)

special cactus - 02.jpg

Last edited by PHOBoS on Sat May 13, 2017 1:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are some photos of one of the small plants I got. Apparently it is called a nerve plant. The photos
don't really do it justice, the colors are really vibrant and the leaves feel like they are made out of fabric.
I also got one with darker green leaves and white veins.

nerve plant - pink - 01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  703.13 KB
 Viewed:  743 Time(s)

nerve plant - pink - 01.jpg

nerve plant - pink - 04.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  785 Time(s)

nerve plant - pink - 04.jpg

nerve plant - pink - 05.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  775 Time(s)

nerve plant - pink - 05.jpg

Last edited by PHOBoS on Fri May 26, 2017 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
JovianPyx

Audio files: 224

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Baby Hass avocado on back yard tree. Actual size is about that of an American dime coin. There are still at least 100 of these on the tree.

P1010568a.jpg
 Description:
baby avocado
 Filesize:  1.16 MB
 Viewed:  770 Time(s)

P1010568a.jpg

Time flies like a banana.
Fruit flies when you're having fun.
BTW, Do these genes make my ass look fat?
corruptio optimi pessima
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cute Very Happy
Would not have expected them to look much like an advocado when that small.
At least judging by photos I saw online they do get bigger than that.

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The petunia didn't make it Sad I guess putting it in the full sun after transplanting wasn't really a smart idea.
I tried saving it by pruning it back and placing it in the shade but to no avail.

The aquilegia is flowering but it looks nothing like the photo on the label. The flowers don't have the typical shape and
instead of pure white it has pink/white flowers. It looks more like a 'Nora Barlow' variety than a 'Kristall'.

The unknown plants are flowering too, still have no idea what it is although I probably had it before. It actually looks
like something that's also on one of the older nighshade photos I posted. Bees seem to like it and with the rest of
the plants in the container still very small it can stay for now.

Speaking of which, more stuff is sprouting in there now that the temperature has gone up. Most of it will probably be
daturas and once I know for sure I will likely pull them out as I already have enough of those in there. But maybe
there is some henbane or something else sprouting as well. There is also finally something sprouting in the container
in which I've sown the Solanum dulcamara seeds. Very Happy

My fern is also finally showing some more signs of life, well ok I have 4 now but this is one I had for a couple of years.
It is pretty small, but that is not a bad thing with the limited space I have and usually it will grow bigger leaves during
the rest of year.

Aquilegia label.jpg
 Description:
This is what it was supposed to look like.
 Filesize:  250.21 KB
 Viewed:  689 Time(s)

Aquilegia label.jpg

Aquilegia - 01.jpg
 Description:
doesn't look quite like the label now does it.

In the background some of the other small plants I got:
I think the main plant might be a peace lily (there where 4 or 5 cramped in a very small pot)
and a different kind of ivy with white variegated leaves.
 Filesize:  116.02 KB
 Viewed:  678 Time(s)

Aquilegia - 01.jpg

unknown plant - 01.jpg
 Description:
No idea what it is but the flowers are nice and the bees agree.
 Filesize:  174.3 KB
 Viewed:  676 Time(s)

unknown plant - 01.jpg

witch garden - 04.jpg
 Description:
Some plants in the black 'witch garden' container: The two larger ones on the left side are Nicandra physalodes. (I also put some Ivy behind them). The one at the bottom of the photo is a Datura and there are more of those planted somewhat in a line.
 Filesize:  243.04 KB
 Viewed:  584 Time(s)

witch garden - 04.jpg

fern - 01.jpg
 Description:
fern spiraling out.
 Filesize:  159.78 KB
 Viewed:  605 Time(s)

fern - 01.jpg

Last edited by PHOBoS on Wed May 24, 2017 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
JovianPyx

Audio files: 224

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh my, transplanting is both art and science. I really try to avoid it.

And the really really small avocados look more like a dried pea, smooth and green. It takes a couple of weeks before they start to get bumpy like the one in the image.

Time flies like a banana.
Fruit flies when you're having fun.
BTW, Do these genes make my ass look fat?
corruptio optimi pessima
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smooth and green is what I expected they would look like untill they ripen. babble

As for transplanting it depends for a large part on the type of plant. Some plants are easy to transplant and can benefit from it.
For example peppers and especially tomatoes can be planted much deeper as they will grow new roots from the stem and more
roots means better nutrition uptake + it adds extra stability. Some plants are picky and just don't like it as I recently learned
about the morning glories. However, it is always a bit stressful for a plant and placing them in full sun is just a bad idea. A little
bit of sun might have been ok, but it got pretty hot in the following days and it was initially placed in full sun. I did read that it is
not uncommon for store bought petunias to wilt away pretty quickly though.

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The unknow plants are no longer unknown as I finally found out what it is: Phacelia tanacetifolia.
I wasn't sure at first as I thought the flowers grew out of spheres but a closer inspection revealed
that they are actually growing in spirals! Shocked

As I mentioned bees love it and some of the dutch names actually are:
- bijenbrood (bee bread)
- bijenvoer (bee food)
- bijenvriend (bee friend)

flower

Phacelia tanacetifolia - 01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  213.71 KB
 Viewed:  550 Time(s)

Phacelia tanacetifolia - 01.jpg

Phacelia tanacetifolia - 02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  190.03 KB
 Viewed:  560 Time(s)

Phacelia tanacetifolia - 02.jpg

Phacelia tanacetifolia - 04.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  251.53 KB
 Viewed:  579 Time(s)

Phacelia tanacetifolia - 04.jpg

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a couple of photos of morning glory, patchouli and some of the pepper plants.

morning glories - 02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  162.15 KB
 Viewed:  556 Time(s)

morning glories - 02.jpg

morning glories - 03.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  161.26 KB
 Viewed:  548 Time(s)

morning glories - 03.jpg

patchouli - 06.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  232.66 KB
 Viewed:  519 Time(s)

patchouli - 06.jpg

pepperland - little elf - 07.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  169.82 KB
 Viewed:  541 Time(s)

pepperland - little elf - 07.jpg

pepperland - Purple Tiger - 02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  204.25 KB
 Viewed:  552 Time(s)

pepperland - Purple Tiger - 02.jpg

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are some more plants that I hadn't mentioned yet.

Antirrhinum or Snapdragons. These have very funny looking seed pods (look it up!) I had seen them before but it was
only after I had sown the seeds that I found out those seed pods belong to Snapdragons. They're still pretty small and
I have a lot of them so once they get bigger I will have to thin them out. I have never grown these before but the flowers
seem nice and I think they go well with the Lupines and another plant which I haven't mentioned yet which is:

Digitalis or Foxgloves. This was also a plant that came from my parents, like the ferns they have them sprouting
like weeds. It is a biennial plant and blooms the second year but I don't know how old it is.

Tropaeolum majus or Nasturtium. I got some cheap seeds and only one of those sprouted but that's all I need.
The flowers range from yellow to red which should give a nice contrast with all the white/blue/pink/purple. (btw I don't
know what the colors of the Snapdragons and Foxgloves are going to be) It is also an edible plant.

Lathyrus or Sweet peas. Also got some cheap seeds of those and I'm growing them against the railing of my
balcony. I usually use morning glories for that but this should be nice for a change.

I also have a large pot in which I'm growing a mix of plants that are supposed to attract butterflies. Always fun
to have a surprise mix of plants, I actually spotted a Lupine growing in that one too.

Snap Dragons - 01.jpg
 Description:
Snap dragons
 Filesize:  230.18 KB
 Viewed:  557 Time(s)

Snap Dragons - 01.jpg

Various plants - 01.jpg
 Description:
The pot in the center has the Lupines and a smaller pot on top which has the Foxgloves. In front of it a small pot with 2 Daturas (to place inside when flowering) and the Nasturtium and next to it the Snapdragons.
 Filesize:  225.7 KB

Various plants - 01.jpg

Various plants - 02.jpg
 Description:
Another view of all the pots.
 Filesize:  217.07 KB

Various plants - 02.jpg

Sweet peas - 01.jpg
 Description:
Sweet peas growing against the railing.
 Filesize:  205.46 KB
 Viewed:  549 Time(s)

Sweet peas - 01.jpg

Various plants - 04.jpg
 Description:
Some more pots: the large one has the butterfly seed mix, in front of it a pot with some ivy (I had so many cuttings), the pot with the small fern and next to it a pot with a dandelion and some other weeds (got it for the bees).
 Filesize:  187.61 KB
 Viewed:  568 Time(s)

Various plants - 04.jpg

Last edited by PHOBoS on Fri May 26, 2017 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
AlanP

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From memory Foxglove does something to your heart if ingested.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/plants-and-animals/plants/plants/foxglove

Yep. The 'Digitalus' part was what tapped my memory on the shoulder. Don't eat any, Phobos.
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am well aware of its toxicity but I appreciate the warning. Although I placed it in a seperate pot
(if it doesn't flower this year I can put it in a shielded place for the winter and also to contain its
growth a bit) it is part of the witch garden. It is also has some connections to fairies.

Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Loving the pictures PHOBoS! Very Happy

I've heard that Digitalis is sometimes used as heart medicine.

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks stefan Smile

You are correct, cardiac glycosides (had to look that up) which is used to treat certain heart conditions is extracted from digitalis.
Another substance that is used for heart conditons and some other things is atropine which can be found in a lot of the nightshade plants.
So eventhough they are poisonous they are also beneficial. A lot depends on dosage of course.

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks great all!

Now ... maaybe .. get your drone out and make an overview pic from 'outside' Cool

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't figured out the alchemical process to transmute soundwaves into matter, so my drones aren't really useful for it.
It would have to be a pretty tiny drone btw. Maybe I will make some sort of panorama photo collage someday.

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks a bit like christmas on my balcony as I added some solar powered LED strings. The strings I used are the ones
that just have 2 metal wires (not sure if it is tinned copper or steel) with small LEDs directly soldered on to it. They are
coated so should be pretty waterproof. The circuits I used came from some other solar lights. It's similar to a joule thief
and can easily drive more LEDs. I ordered a string of 50 warm white LEDs and one with 20 red LEDs. I was planning to cut
the string of 50 into 2 pieces but to my surprise it worked fine with 50 LEDs on one circuit. Razz I measured the current
between the battery and the circuit and it is just under 30 mA which is only about 500uA! per LED*

The solar panels I used for it should be 2V with a 150mA current and using a 60W incandescent light I measured an
open voltage of about 2.4V and a short circuit current of about 120mA, so that's probably correct. I also ordered some
battery holders and small project boxes but what I didn't know was that the LED strings already came with a small box
for 3 AA batteries, which turned out to be the perfect size for the solar panels. I used some silicone caulking to attach
the solar panels and added some tape around the boxes to make them somewhat waterproof. I mounted a clip to one
of the boxes so it can be easily attached to my bamboo trellis. The plastic started to crack a bit when I was tightening the
screw for it so I put a rubber grommet in between which solved that problem and also makes it waterproof.

After charging on a sunny day like we had yesterday they stay lit for pretty much the whole night. Very Happy

*edit: since the driver circuit is an oscillator which gives out a pulse wave the 500uA is the average current and the actual
pulse current is probably higher.

Solar LED string - 02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  110.33 KB
 Viewed:  526 Time(s)

Solar LED string - 02.jpg

Solar LED string - 03.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  170.4 KB
 Viewed:  530 Time(s)

Solar LED string - 03.jpg

Solar LED string - 05.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  264.63 KB
 Viewed:  524 Time(s)

Solar LED string - 05.jpg

Solar LED string - 07.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  105.24 KB
 Viewed:  514 Time(s)

Solar LED string - 07.jpg

Solar LED string - 09.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.27 KB
 Viewed:  499 Time(s)

Solar LED string - 09.jpg

Last edited by PHOBoS on Sun May 28, 2017 3:41 am; edited 2 times in total
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am currently working on a wind chime made from an (out of tune) toy xylophone and a coaster. I coated the xylophone bits
to prevent them from rusting. I am not entirely sure yet how I am going to connect everything together so I'm looking at some
photos of wind chimes.

There are some very creative designs like this one:
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

This page also has some nice ones.

wind chime - 01.jpg
 Description:
Xylophone wind chime parts
 Filesize:  181.96 KB
 Viewed:  517 Time(s)

wind chime - 01.jpg

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wave

wind chime - 02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  170.16 KB
 Viewed:  523 Time(s)

wind chime - 02.jpg

wind chime - 03.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  218.7 KB
 Viewed:  501 Time(s)

wind chime - 03.jpg

wind chime - 04.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  145.23 KB
 Viewed:  510 Time(s)

wind chime - 04.jpg

wind chime - 05.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  117.31 KB
 Viewed:  518 Time(s)

wind chime - 05.jpg

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a recording, made with a smartphone. I think the app has some sort of noise reduction or
AGC causing some variations in the level. There wasn't really any wind so I 'played' it manually.

PHOBoS - Xylophone wind chime.mp3
 Description:
PHOBoS - Xylophone wind chime demo.

Download
 Filename:  PHOBoS - Xylophone wind chime.mp3
 Filesize:  1.7 MB
 Downloaded:  870 Time(s)

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here' s what a Nicandra physalodes seedling looks like. Recognizable by the little black specks on the first set of true leaves.

Nicandra physalodes seedling.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  246.06 KB
 Viewed:  508 Time(s)

Nicandra physalodes seedling.jpg

Page 2 of 23 [557 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 21, 22, 23 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Jump to: