electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
This is the world
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
spinach_pizza

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: This is the world Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

Here is an album I recently made with my modular synth. It's mostly tonal, with a soundtrack/ambient feel.

https://richardgalbraith.bandcamp.com/

If you listen, thanks and I hope you enjoy it!

Rich
TripMX

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: This is the world Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

spinach_pizza wrote:
Hi,

Here is an album I recently made with my modular synth. It's mostly tonal, with a soundtrack/ambient feel.

https://richardgalbraith.bandcamp.com/

If you listen, thanks and I hope you enjoy it!

Rich

This is the world
-I really love how you have produced such a powerful and eerie atmosphere! This totally reminds of 80s horror movies!

Across the sea
-I find this track to be a mix of general ambiance with subtle twists that ensue from time to time. Around the 06:00~ part, my body oddly started shaking! 0.0;

Here
-Hmmm, not much to say about this one. The synth sounds like a "muted xylophone".

Interlude II
-Very experimental + ambient. The computer-like sounds gives the song some uniqueness since its keeps up the flow of the ambiance.

Ascent and decline
-Hmmm, hard to put my finger on it, but it's not a bad track. There is ambiance and depth in this one. Nothing particularly memorable except for select parts in the beginning.

Distant yellow lights
-There you go trying to scare people again, there's literally enough bells and whistles in there to prove my point. Razz

Further decline
-This song traverses through emotions via ambiance; quite a nice achievement here! Some of the feelings I get with this one is are quite spontaneous, yet feel too....temporary, then again, I digress (or "decline" in this case, hehe). Call me crazy if you like. *thumbs up*

Postlude
-Interesting name; it's a nice track to listen to. It feels relaxing, for the most part...even when the storm sets in. Wink

spinach_pizza

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you , TripMX, for taking time to listen and comment!

Interestingly, "horror" or "scary" effects were absolutely nowhere on my radar when making any of these tracks. In fact, I strongly dislike horror movies, and so I have only a very basic stereotyped idea of what a horror movie soundtrack might sound like. At any rate, I definitely was not hoping to make anything scary-sounding. I thought the first track might be somewhat "dramatic" in a cinematic way...but horror? Not my intent!

Thanks again. I really appreciate that you took the time to put together a track by track response!
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just listened to the first track (this is the world) and it reminds me of something
from Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works vol.2 if it was made by Philip Glass.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: