electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
MFOS Sequencer Build Switch problem
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
matinnin

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: MFOS Sequencer Build Switch problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

finished my Sequencer build tonight after a lot of hours, and amazingly it all works perfectly. only issue i have is that the selector switch for step change, the 4 position switch is exactly reversed? i'm loading up a tube movie now, and will add link later, but i cant see how it ended up backwards when everything works flawlessly, maybe im just not seeing the easy answer?
this is the switch i used
https://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=A10403RNZQvirtualkey61110000virtualkey611-A10403RNZQ

Any insight or experience with this one?
elmegil

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That would be the right switch.

Perhaps the labelling "1/2/3/4" or whatever doesn't match what you expect?

When I'm dealing with rotaries, I always check each position to see where the "first" position is and where the "last position" is, relative to what connections are made.
matinnin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: mirrored reverse Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi, thanks for listening !
yeah, of course i thought i had that worked out prior to soldering it up on the switch. i tried swapping the "REV" and "STP" but that did not produce the expected result. something about the chaining of the 3 switches that i am not comprehending. the switch has a common, and 4 positions, same as Ray's drawing. the common i don't think can be moved anywhere else or nothing will work? right? and the 4th connector is to be left open. all i can think of is to rewire the switch reversed? and leave the common where it is. so start with 4 and count reverse of the drawing. that's what i'll do tonight.
there's no way to alter how the switch is oriented as it operates and aligns with the panel perfectly.
i shall see.
thanks !
elmegil

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: mirrored reverse Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

matinnin wrote:
hi, thanks for listening !
yeah, of course i thought i had that worked out prior to soldering it up on the switch. i tried swapping the "REV" and "STP" but that did not produce the expected result. something about the chaining of the 3 switches that i am not comprehending. the switch has a common, and 4 positions, same as Ray's drawing. the common i don't think can be moved anywhere else or nothing will work? right?

Correct.

matinnin wrote:
and the 4th connector is to be left open. all i can think of is to rewire the switch reversed? and leave the common where it is. so start with 4 and count reverse of the drawing. that's what i'll do tonight.
there's no way to alter how the switch is oriented as it operates and aligns with the panel perfectly.
i shall see.
thanks !

Do note that most of the wiring diagrams on Ray's site are "as seen from the rear". I suppose it is possible that one of them is incorrect.

But yeah, that's what I'd be doing.
matinnin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:  RESOLVED ! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes indeed, just reversed the hook-up all is wonderful. yes, love Rays stuff, my whole rig is basically All Ray's with 2 MOTM (120 410) and about to add some Yusynth in the mix.
i dont mind any issues in the MASSIVE amount of data ,work and information that Ray so generously provided for all of us to be able to build and enjoy the world of analog synths. Crying or Very sad much love Ray !
thanks
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Jump to: