electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
My Alesis Andromeda A6 Editor & VST
Page 4 of 4 [85 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
kcoul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pollux - I am curious if you have heard of JUCE before:
https://juce.com/doc/tutorial_create_projucer_basic_plugin

It makes adding a fantastic looking front end to a VST incredibly easy with plenty of prefab'ed UI components to choose from. Wiring them up to what you already have should be pretty easy, and for a niche target audience it's totally free.

I've also built a ton of hackintoshes so happy to recommend on options there to build for Mac.
Pollux

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have heard of & looked into JUCE. While it can make fantastic GUI's easily, it lacks in the ability to handle MIDI & Sysex & Standalone App's IIRC (although I could add that myself...). It also costs a whopping $1000 for a license to sell one's application... Rolling Eyes

Also thanks for the offer! I have a Hackintosh running in a VirtualBox VM, with xcode installed...I'm just so clueless when it comes to mac ANYTHING. Developing, debugging, troubleshooting, configuring...it's all just so maddening to me lol

kcoul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually JUCE is totally free when revenue is under 50k!
https://juce.com/get-juce

It can definitely handle MIDI & Sysex & build standalone apps without any problem at all! It's possible that much, much earlier versions lacked some of those features, but these days it is a real powerhouse in the VST and audio app building world, second to none I'd say!

I'd be happy to help with info on building for Mac. I only know the bare minimum needed to build for Mac and iOS as I am also generally maddened by the overpriced Apple walled garden. I have built cross-platform VSTs and audio apps so I could point to some key info on how to minimize the hassle.

I say this as I am looking into joining the handful of people building tools for combining the A6 with modern DAWs and computers... I had my hopes so high when Ableton said they would be adding sysex to Live 10. Then devastated to find out they were still neglecting NRPNs. I don't get it as all the best hardware has no choice but to use them since the MIDI spec has so few high resolution CC lanes, and even the 7bit lanes run out pretty darn fast (my Supernova 1 and 2 eat up all the CC lanes and then use up NRPN for the rest... the best compromise I suppose...)

So I want to release a tool that will at least allow Live users to pick out the NRPN parameters they want to automate, translate them over to CCs, record them, automate them, and then play them back translating back to the right NRPNs. It's a bit maddening this is needed but for some styles of music Ableton is really far and away the DAW to use...

I want to get the most out of my Supernovas and Andromeda and keep Live as my DAW so there is really no other way to do this... Anyhow I will go the Max4Live route so it will be a bit less hassle than coding a full VST at least..
ProFete

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello Pollux

your vst work great in reaper
but impossible to make it work in sonar platinum,
he is reconized as an audio effect

do you know about it?

thank

and thank for your job Smile !
ProFete

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

anyone make it work with ableton 10 please ?

i have tried virtual port and routing with midiox without luck
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what about bidule ?
Pollux

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BIG NEWS. I report back some AWESOME development progress. I added (but not-yet released) the MIDI CC NRPN algorithm to my Andromeda A6 VST.

I successfully used my Andromeda VST in Ableton Live 10.1, and Cubase 10.5. The parameters are now automate-able as a VST within Ableton Live 10.1, Cubase, and every(?) DAW now! See screenshots for proof!

( Previously, I reported I got MIDI CC NRPN control working in Ableton Live (9), but discovered it was buggy because Ableton Live 9 was trying to be too smart, and was filtering out 2 of the 4 MIDI CC NRPN messages needed to control Andromeda value changes.

God bless a gentleman named Marcus -- who emailed me yesterday, and let me know that Ableton Live 10.1 no longer filters out duplicate MIDI CC NRPN messages (which the Andromeda needed). So I tried the VST in Live 10, AND OMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOMG IT WORKED. My, and others dreams have been renewed. See attached GIF!

I'm quite a busy and scatterbrained person, juggling an insane amount of hobbies and projects at once --- so I hope to prioritize this and release this soon. I will need to go through every parameter one by one --- making sure every parameters works correctly in NRPN mode in Ableton Live 10, and Cubase, and adjust accordingly!

p.s. Anyone know anyone with a spare Cubase 10.5 or Ableton 9-> upgrade 10 license they can donate, for, research? lolz Looking at my studio, you wouldn't believe me If I told you I couldn't afford it right now Embarassed

cubase_a6_vst_test.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  50.06 MB
 Viewed:  396 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

cubase_a6_vst_test.gif

a6_ableton_envelopes.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.17 MB
 Viewed:  377 Time(s)

a6_ableton_envelopes.gif

Pollux

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just released an updated version 0.9.0 -- which now has a selectable MIDI CC NRPN mode. Everyone can enjoy automating the entirety of your Andromeda with envelopes lanes within your DAW's now, sluts Twisted Evil
statlerw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are a god amongst men
Pollux

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awwwwwwwwwww yeah, look whats in progress: Started working on like the 4th re-write at this point. Because I'm pretty sure I got most of the Andromeda parameters automated at this point -- except the FX pages -- I started re-writing it from the ground up, so everythings laid on infront of you on one screeen. Finally Smile This is how I had everything originally (before offering it to the public, but I lost that versions source code). Feels good. This is the rough layout. Re-skinning it will be easy. I can give it the same background and knobs as the andromeda, or whatever.,

a6.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  106.04 KB
 Viewed:  223 Time(s)

a6.PNG

Page 4 of 4 [85 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: