electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Parts and Components
wanted: LM394
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
sonic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: wanted: LM394 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Apologies if this is slightly double-posting-ish from my earlier post in the Ken Stone sub forum, but does anybody happen to know a source of (now obsolete) LM394 dual transistors, or have a handful they are willing to part with? They keep cropping up in circuits I wish to build.
Mongo1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the SSM2210 is a replacement.
You can get those at Bridechamber
http://www.bridechamber.com/Hard_2_Find_ICs.html

Gary
sonic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Gary

Kinda pricey though. Time to put Plan B into action and match my own transistors.
Mongo1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Kinda pricey though. Time to put Plan B into action and match my own transistors.

Yep - It gets really fun when you build a moog ladder filter that has 3 of em in it. I've thought many times about building a jig for transistor matching. I just haven't gotten to it yet.

Good luck

Gary
Gaetano_AU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have some new LM394 DIPs for trade. PM me if you are still interested with a trade.
snooki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: lm394 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Futurelec is selling them at a nice price
sonic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks snooki, but it looks like they're out of stock. Probably have been for quite some time unless I'm much mistaken. Or were you able to order some recently?
fiveman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject:
Subject description: lm394
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got some last year and saw them on their site a couple months back.. I don't know if things thay don't have at futurelec.
jumunius

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sonic wrote:
Thanks snooki, but it looks like they're out of stock. Probably have been for quite some time unless I'm much mistaken. Or were you able to order some recently?

I bought a couple of these in various packages from Vintage Planet not so long ago. $3.50 or so for DIP8, more like $8 for TO-5. It looks like they still have them.

Seeing as this is the second time I've mentioned Vintage Planet on this board today, I should probably start repping for them or something. Wink

elmegil

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got a set of 5 LM394's off ebay from a Hong Kong seller...haven't had a chance to actually try them out, and it took its sweet time getting to me, but $20.88 for 5, and no additional shipping...can't really complain unless they don't work.

Not currently considering letting go of any though. The ebay seller was jk_parts.
oneoff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you can allways get 2212 (8 SOIC) which should be the smaller new version
of the 2210
http://www.datasheets.org.uk/findchips.php?buy=SSM2212
and then solder it using an adapter like that:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-SOP8-SO8-SOIC8-SOT-DIP8-adapter-PCB-convertor-/320824918111?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab2a7c05f#ht_1218wt_1163
by the way , did someone try the 2212 yet?
krainov

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have excess 5 pcs of brand new LM394CH (National Semiconductor); picture attached... If anyone interested, I can sell them. All checked on the Yusynth VCO module.

LM394.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  471.33 KB
 Viewed:  491 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

LM394.jpg

Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Parts and Components
Jump to: