Joined: Dec 21, 2011
|Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:53 pm Post subject:
[build] mfos vco- euro smt version
|please feel free to use this thread for build questions, examples, questions, demos, suggestions etc!
we acquired music from outer space in 2016 in order to carry on the great work of ray wilson-- and we are proud to announce the first in the series of new mfos eurorack modules, the classic vco!
we've taken ray's classic vco design and brought it up to date for eurorack:
- conversion to DIY-friendly SMT design for most pcb parts
- retained certain through-hole parts to help maintain that classic analog richness (styrene cap, tempco resistor, et al)
- aluminum panels in a beautiful new design aesthetic by grayscale, 10hp wide
- 'either way' eurorack power circuitry (by neutron sound) to eliminate the risk of cable reversing- no blown ICs!
- all pcb-mounted panel components- pots, jacks, leds and switches-- no hand wiring!
if you are relatively new to modular synthesis, this would be a great choice!
- there is a lot of documentation about the construction, calibration, testing and operation of this module, including the legacy VCO, of which thousands have been made
- it's designed to be DIY-friendly with 'large' SMT parts (SOIC, 0805 and 1206 packages)
- it's the foundation for a full modular synth rig, with the forthcoming MFOS eurorack modules to create a cohesive, classic analog synth in 84hp or 104hp
- the vco functions are 'foundational'-- learn the capabilities of 'basic' vco functions like pulse width modulation, exponential and linear frequency modulation, voltage control coarse and fine frequency tuning, nuances between the audible sounds created by sine, square, saw and triangle waves, et al
if you're still intimidated by DIY SMT soldering, we'll offer the pcbs, bundles and kits with SMT parts pre-soldered for you.
|| MFOS VCO euro BOM.pdf
|| 116.2 KB
|| 47 Time(s)
web store: www.synthcube.com/cart
we've acquired MFOS to help carry on Ray Wilson's work: www.musicfromouterspace.com