electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
pch2csd: call to arms
Page 2 of 2 [37 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the reply.

Initially the idea is to look at CSound to then look at the stuff you guys are doing.

I will have a look at Cabbage Audio.

I think the HAL device I was trying to use would be CoreAudio.

The issues I am seeing might be High Sierra related, I was unfortunately forced to upgrade last week and the whole thing has been a nightmare!
gleb812

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, in that case there could be some issues.
You may use some alternative - an old PC, or even Android devices..
There are also should be online renderers..

Regarding basic Csound programming you may ask me in PM mode, or just text to forum.
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

Cabbage Audio is working fine for me, thanks for the tip.

Thanks very much for the offer of help, I have the CSound book (now sitting on desk rather than shelf) and some experience of "similar" things; Supercollider, Kyma, PD, MSP, Reaktor etc so hopefully I should be able to muddle my way through to some extent.

I also have a G2 connected up and am really looking forward to having a look at your stuff...
gleb812

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Exp Envelopes Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More fun content for you!

Here is original NM2 pitch modulation from DrumOsc vs our pch2csd model.
Not the ideal case (as we may see from correlation meter), but anyway inspiring.
PS Unfortunately there is no sound in video, but I am sure you synth-loving people can watch the spectra and just sing it))

gleb812

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: mixers Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everybody!

I am happy to announce that the MIXER section is completed.
I include a screen of the patch which I used for testing. It includes every module of mixer section. The results (level and phase) are equal comparing to our pch2csd patch. Sure it is quite simple test and probably more complicated things to be done. BUT, at least we have ALL mixers of NM2 completed. Yay!

mix_all.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  106.41 KB
 Viewed:  90 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

mix_all.JPG

vou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, just wanted to chip in to say hi & amazing project.

All tho my Csound knowledge isn't so deep, I'd definitely like to run my patches on a computer. I reckon it would be extremely helpful to debug patches or sketch ideas.

Any specific reason for choosing Csound over other environments? I should probably read that paper soon!
gleb812

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi you!

Thanks for checking the tread. Actually, you will need some Csound skills only if you're planning some modifications or want to understand our models.

The benefits of Csound, to name a few, is multiplatformity, long list of existing codes, nice community, and ability to turn your code into VST/VSTi
Organoid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's my first post in this forum and i'd like to thank all the amazing people that gave us so much knowledge for our fav synth all those years!!
This project amazed me and i'm looking very forward for the final release!Smile
I have one question regarding the cpu power.Will it take sources from the computer cpu and if so will it be possible to build more complex patches than G2 's cpu power can handle?(i wish if the switch 1-8 module would use less cpu...)
Thank you and full support!
gleb812

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, Organoid! You're welcome.
Talking about Csound implementation, if you use offline render you may have thousands of modules. For the online work, I may guess today's computers are rather powerfull, so the possibility of building more complex patches does exist. And since it is Csound, you can insert some built-in Csound modules between patches etc..
Organoid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for quick reply i see!

What's the difference between offline and online render?What i mean does it have to do when i use the program as standalone or in a Daw,or offline when i use only the csound program and online when it 's connected with the g2?
(sorry for to many questions just want to have a holistic view)
gleb812

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Organoid,

Csound can work in offline mode. It means there will be no sound until you render your code to output sound file. This (at some point outdated) feature allows user to have as much complex code as possible.

DAW connection thru the VST is still not implemented, but the process goes on. Anyway, Csound by itself DOES work as VST via Cabbage Audio.

To make sure you understand the project's goal correctly - Csound doesn't connect with G2 in anyway. We simulate it using Csound. We try to replicate any feature of each G2 module as close to original as possible.
Organoid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for explaining,looking forward for the release!
Page 2 of 2 [37 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: