electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
I got it too and it'aint bad
Page 1 of 2 [26 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
K

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: I got it too and it'aint bad
Subject description: a red box just arrived
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW Very Happy I just became a new G2 user Exclamation red bag and all. the CD says 1.32 so it must be a very recent model Cool
dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulations! It's nice to see another new G2 owner! Welcome to electro-music!

if you have any questions about patches ending with _DZ lemme know.
/Dasz
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great news. Welcome to the world of G2 patching. Congratulations...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think this forum is responsible for a good number of sales of Clavia synths. Howard you should get a percentage Very Happy

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
K

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

THX guys Very Happy
I'll sure need some help Exclamation I forgot to mention that it is expanded Very Happy it costs more than an Engine but the user interface makes everything much easier to understand even for an average synth user Idea
cebec

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jackson dancing wave banana
dasz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

An expanded G2 is better than an epxanded NM1, since you can put 100% DSP into voice area (mono) and 100% in FX area (mono) x 4 (slots). That's up to 800%!

Enjoy panel surfing. Howard does deserve something for the sales due to this list. Wink

Maybe Clavia could grant one of his wishes in the modular OS?
/Dasz
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dasz wrote:

Maybe Clavia could grant one of his wishes in the modular OS?

...to say the least Very Happy

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
dasz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, maybe Clavia would grant 5-10 (simple to implement) of his wishes in the modular OS? For Christmas would be nice Wink

Just dreamin ....
/Dasz
K

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

first patch Embarassed

first patch.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  first patch.pch2
 Filesize:  1.3 KB
 Downloaded:  1480 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats... welcome to the insane asylum... Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dasz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

k, nice first patch ... the mono reverb is nice ... welcome to the vortex aka the black hole ... as you think you get close to the middle, you dive deeper, and deeper, and you rotate and swrill ... and then it's morning and you have not slept, yet ...

and you got the backpack bag as well? that explains a lot of things Shocked
/Dasz
Tranceparent

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

props Hello there from Athens, Greece! My name is Marios, I just got into university (in physics only because of the synthesizers) and I also got me a G2X during the summer! My madness is still going strong and these days I try to make some Trancy sounds that can fit into the music I like! Trance of course! Many people were telling me to buy a kinda Virus synth coz it's associated with Trance but as soon as I saw the Furiously Red Pretty Nord Modular G2X I fell in love with it Hail the Master and spent my 4 year pocketmoney to buy it! Mr. Green Now my mother is being driven crazy by my awful electro-screams! no no U see I still know little about Modular synthesis. study head banging monitor Is anyone here keen on producing Melodic Trance soundz?
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ModularG2X wrote:
U see I still know little about Modular synthesis.

But a hellofalot about smilies Smile

welcome

You'll learn fast enough about the Modular things.

Tranceparent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanx a lot Blue Hell! Wink I hope I will. Rolling Eyes I'm also very happy that I landed on such a hospitable site...! Cool
dasz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do a lot of melodic trance .. the *_DZ patches & prf2's in the soundset reflect that in design (of the patch), but not in the actual melodies ...

It's great to see another new users!!! Sales must be going well ...
/Dasz

nice avatar, dude!
Tranceparent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanx a lot about my TeddySynth! Very Happy

Wow! You mean that you've designed soundz for the G2s? Then know that my favourite Sequence is the Druken_DZ that you designed!!! Hail the Master I dunno, in my opinion it's dark and very nice, it simply rocks!

With electronic greetings!

Mario

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, we have many living legends here... Laughing
dasz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Mario,

I'm glad you like them ... I had a lot of fun doing them ... if you have any questions about the designs, like what is this for, or what's special about this patch ... lemme know...

and post any patches you've tweaked and altered if you like ... i like to hear what people do with the patches ...

I am currently working on a live set, which has many new sequencer patches, none of which I've posted (ok, maybe one or two) ...

For this set, I'm using a simple setup (see http://files.electro-music.com/phpbb-files/the_power_161.jpg).
There is No mixer there, as one of the G2's is responible for final mixing (the G2 on the left).

Happy patching!
/Dasz
Tranceparent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Sure! Thanks a lot chief!!! Wink

Crying or Very sad Unfortunately my G2 interacts only with my pc and the Sonar3...

dasz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Mario,

a G2 (in your case a G2x) controling a PC and Sonar is not a bad thing. If you use Reason, and you have a soundcard with many outs (at least 4 Wink , it can be a great combo). Use the G2's modulation for controling anything and sequencers for triggering sequences in Reason ...

Ableton Live is a perfect combo with the G2. I simply use the closest equivalant in H/W I could find -- Yamaha Rs7000.

Your G2x is VERY nice! It can do 200% patches in each slot (100% in Voice area and 100% in FX), now multiply that by 4 slots Wink

You have the power ...
/Dasz
Tranceparent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow!!! Then it's up to me to learn how to use it...! Very Happy Wink Cool

Thanks Dasz!
Mario

G2DREAM

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Geia sou re Marie!!!
= Just sayed hi to marios-ModularG2X in greek!
cappy2112

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ModularG2X wrote:
props Now my mother is being driven crazy by my awful electro-screams! :

If headphones don't fix that problem, then give her her own copy of the G2 manual, show her where this forum is, so she can upload her own patches, and she'll probably have lots of fun Smile)

Welcome to the forum & G2!
Tranceparent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G2DREAM wrote:
Geia sou re Marie!!!
= Just sayed hi to marios-ModularG2X in greek!

Geia sou Kwsta arhige!!!
>I sent a Greek greeting to my friend Kostas. "arhige" means chief. He's the one who led me to this awesome Clavia forum. He knows my madness... cheesy So do I!!! Wink

cappy2112 wrote:
ModularG2X wrote:
props Now my mother is being driven crazy by my awful electro-screams! :

If headphones don't fix that problem, then give her her own copy of the G2 manual, show her where this forum is, so she can upload her own patches, and she'll probably have lots of fun Smile)

Welcome to the forum & G2!

That's quite difficult, but I'll try. You know, my mother dislikes electronic music... She listens to traditional Greek music and likes soundz that come out of natural instruments e.g. guitars, pianos e.t.c. On the other side, I start by listening house at -52dB and end up with Trance at -10dB. Shocked (*If I was not threatened by my neighbors, I would reach +5dB!!! ) Thanks a lot for your hospitality! Cool

I've created a monster-patch Shocked , so I decided to post it in order to see how can someone arrange and tweak it to have interesting results, because I created it but cannot use it smoothly... I also don't know if it runs on an unexpanded G2... I only managed to get something in the first variation relatively awful and far from what I wanted. Crying or Very sad Any opinions, corrections and tweaks are welcome to be posted! Very Happy Thank you for your time... Wink

MultiLead.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MultiLead.pch2
 Filesize:  4.13 KB
 Downloaded:  1010 Time(s)

Page 1 of 2 [26 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion