electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
electronfunk
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Digiton

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: electronfunk
Subject description: just what the title says
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey. i am new here. I posted two mp3's on the Introduce Yourself "Preset" inside the Forum "bank" (too much plug in file managing for one night!) SO IF YOU DIG this, than shuffle over there and exhume those other two fubbles. And please leave some comments! Thanks dude/ettes.
I had alot of fun with this one. That can be hard to do.

[editor's note: the other songs are here: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-12600.html --mosc]

boise mix.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  boise mix.mp3
 Filesize:  4.47 MB
 Downloaded:  1631 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 139
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome

This a great track. I like it very much. Nice sounds - well constructed. Very Happy

Are you a radio ham?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Digiton

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Radio Ham Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahem. Well, I believe I am more of a modular beefsteak. Actually, what is a radio ham? Question two, what is your opinion on sound for sonic sake or tonally constructed/harmonic music. Damn, I'm trying to balance both but i am finding this crapping GMIDI pieces i wrote SOUNDED terrible but were compostionally interesting, where as the stuff i am doing now that is STRICT synth built-from-ground up work is sonically more enjoyable is some times lacking in the melodic/rythmic department (cause lets face it, after building sounds for four hours it takes up energy from formal demands)....you face the same problem? ANYONE ELSE FACE THE SAME PROBLEM? thanks yall. Will post more soon.
-Digiton
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 139
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Radio Ham is a nick name for amateur radio operator. http://www.hello-radio.org/whatis.html

I am an inactive ham. Your piece had a lot of what sounds like morse code - used by hams. There are a series of Rs, short-long-short. These are sent in long strings like at the end of your piece to signify Message Received Completely with No Error. On audio radio links, people say Roger meaning the same thing.

Yes, General MIDI is pretty boring sonically, but it is useful when working out arrangements or developing patterns. I rarely use GMIDI except for experimentation. Still, I often make my synth patch play via MIDI. So if you come up with MIDI tracks that are interesting, you can patch up custom sounds and tweak them to sound good with your music. Sounds to me like you are doing that.

Anyway, it is a big challenge to mix noisy digital glitch IDM stuff with mellow tonal material. You don't want to mellow out the glitch too much, but you don't want it to completely bury the mellow stuff either.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Digiton

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks! agreed
TripToy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like the track. The mix of glitch, idm and melodic music was a great achievement. Keep up the good work!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: