electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Online Music
New Realization of DeltaBandResonator for Piano and More
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
jeff harrington

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: New Realization of DeltaBandResonator for Piano and More Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My composer friend, Steve Layton has once again realized one of my latest pieces, DeltaBandResonator for Piano.
[url=http://parnasse.com/mp3/Jeff-Harrington-DeltaBandResonator_for_Piano.mp3]
DeltaBandResonator for Piano Realized by Steve Layton[/url]

Also, the finished versions of my two flute and piano pieces are up, the last one, was finished sometime last week.

The Hammered Wind Dances I for Flute and Piano
The Hammered Wind Dances II for Flute and Piano

And if anyone's interested, I've also just released the final proof of my 4th String Quartet.

Spirale d'Arco for String Quartet

And one more bit of news... Wink Steve Layton released his recording of my big piano piece BlueStrider on a CD thru CDBaby, so I'll be having 2 CD's out even if I don't get off my ass and get those 3 electronic CD's out. Rolling Eyes (Duo Ahlert and Schwab's recording of Erg is the 2nd one).

Back to work... Very Happy

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jeff,

Thanks for posting these pieces. Very nice music.

I've written some music for flute myself. I used to have it posted on mp3.com, but it's gone. I'll repost it next week.

Do you have a MIDI file of the String Quartet? I'd like to have a go at realizing that one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jeff harrington

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Howard! Yeah I really love the flute... my wife and her father were both amateur flutists and one of my girlfriends was a great professional flutist.

http://parnasse.com/midi/sq4.mid is the string quartet. Can't wait to hear what you do. I'm not that pleased with a lot of my MIDI realizations...

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I downloaded the string quartet PDF just now. I will read it on sunday. I am no expert when it comes to midi, so I prefer reading the PDF instead.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's your string quartet as played at my house... Sometimes my strings sound a little flutelike, especially when there are unisons. Hope you like it.

Happy Valentine's Day! Embarassed

jh-sq4.mp3
 Description:
Jeff Harrington's String Quartet #4
Realization by Howard Moscovitz (2-14-04)

Download
 Filename:  jh-sq4.mp3
 Filesize:  11.62 MB
 Downloaded:  4522 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, I like this one! Well done, Howard!

This piece.. is the midi file the actual notation? The music seems to be perfect also for 2 mellotrons, 2 PPGs, 1 ARP Odyssey and modular processing of all voices in realtime. Does that sound scary, Jeff? Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
jeff harrington

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Here's your string quartet as played at my house... Sometimes my strings sound a little flutelike, especially when there are unisons. Hope you like it.

Happy Valentine's Day! Embarassed

Hey that's pretty sweet Howard! Thanks a lot... You captured it I think... it really needs real players though. That's the main reason I still write for non-electronic ensembles - the peopleage... they doeth strange things!

Laughing

Thanks!

Elektro80 - bring it on dude! I'm not (cough) afraid!

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jeff harrington wrote:
Elektro80 - bring it on dude! I'm not (cough) afraid!

I might just do that. I am reading the PDF now. This will take it in a completely different direction, but still keep the ensemble feel intact.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, real players are always best, if the music is conceived for them. I just used canned insturments. It would have been much better if I'd have put more time into it. The dynamics are pretty sloppy.

As for Mellotrons, I'm not sure. There are not too many long notes.

I was really tempted to create some patches on the Nord Modular. This piece nees insturments that speak fast. That would be a big project. Stay tuned, you never now.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's another realization. No attempt to emulate a string quartet. I didn't change any notes and tried my best to observe the dynamic markings on the score.

jh-sq4-2.mp3
 Description:
Jeff Harrington's String Quartet #4
Realized by Howard Moscovitz

Instrument: Clavia Nord Modular
Processing: none

Download
 Filename:  jh-sq4-2.mp3
 Filesize:  10.28 MB
 Downloaded:  4187 Time(s)

jeff harrington

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow finally got a chance to listen to it. That's really sweet. You've got a few tracks dropping out though... at ms. 9 the 1st violin track can't be heard, just the accompaniment and in a few other places.

Regardless, it is a really wonderful arrangement! Smile

Thanks Howard!

Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: