electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Online Music
Beth Anderson - Pennyroyal Swale
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Beth Anderson - Pennyroyal Swale Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a copy of a private recording which is not for sale. It was made with Beth's consent, obviously. The composition is Pennyroyal Swale by Beth Anderson. It is one of the pieces recently performed at her one-composer concert at Carnagie Hall in New York City.

The performers are:

Tom Chiu, violin
Cornelius Dufallo, violin
Catherine Beeson, viola
Jennifer DoVore, cello

PennyroyalSwale.mp3
 Description:
Pennyroyal Swale
by Beth Anderson

Copyright Beth Anderson
(B.M.I.)

Download
 Filename:  PennyroyalSwale.mp3
 Filesize:  11.28 MB
 Downloaded:  4112 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
themoors

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

great stuff, beth andersons a new name to me, but im very interested to hear more... sitting behind a computer or a mixing desk for half the day means i somtimes forget that there people out there making music with real instruments and like notes on paper wow!

Its kind of cinematic in way but its all over the place ...loved it....
paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow..very cool

..conjured up the english countryside to me yet also conjured images of mechanical apparatus ..turn of the century stuff.. also dramatic and um... what's the word.. 'urgent'

similiar also to the sensations i get when i hear 'Different TRains' by steve reich..

what's that word....um um...'pensive' ..no um

i'll have to listen again

paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

am i way off here... Question

beand

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I understand the idea of it being cinematic because movies go from shot to shot and the music changes to match the mood/implications of the drama. The difference here is that the only drama is the one you imagine. Its just music but music creates feelings/images even if the composer chooses to rub a cactus with a contact mike.

The cogs and wheels are definitely related because I adjust the music to fit together.

In terms of it being 19th century, well obviously its not, but beyond that, all our experiences of music include 19th century music especially if we're composers. Some people remark on its associations with Dvorak or Virgil Thomson or Henry Cowell. It does use acoustic instruments and it does have an American sound, I think. And it includes my sense of the past/present/future. Pennyroyal has some country fiddling in it which comes from where I do, Kentucky.

I certainly appreciate the positive remarks and the understanding.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love this piece! Excellent!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
beand

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,
Do you know SIGMUND LILLEBJERKA (1931)? He is a composer, living in Bod¯ in the north of Norway. He has written symphonic music, chamber music, music for percussion , and songs. I've heard some of his music and it is very beautiful.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yes... I have... I like his music very much.
He has a website at http://www.lillebjerka.com and there are music samples at http://www.lillebjerka.com/audio.htm

BTW: do you know the music of the most excellent swede Robert Hagstrøm? Very beatiful stuff.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
beand

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the info on SIGMUND LILLEBJERKA. I am not familiar with the music of Robert Hagstrøm. Does he have anything available online?
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will ask Robert if he has any working links. Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: