electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
BBC Radiophonic Workshop / Delia Derbyshire forum
Page 1 of 3 [65 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
unitdeltaplus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: BBC Radiophonic Workshop / Delia Derbyshire forum
Subject description: unitdeltaplus forum
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone,

I have just started up a new forum for fans of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, Delia Derbyshire, etc. Would be great to have you on board and to take part!

For those interested, you can register here:
http://unitdeltaplus.proboards51.com

Hope to see you there soon!
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is Peter Kember on your forum?

Wout
unitdeltaplus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sincerely hoping that he will be!
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout Blommers wrote:

Oh Yes! Sonic would be the perfect addition for your forum! Very Happy Try getting Brian Hodgson too. Perhaps he'll help moderate? Very Happy

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
unitdeltaplus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
Wout Blommers wrote:

Oh Yes! Sonic would be the perfect addition for your forum! Very Happy Try getting Brian Hodgson too. Perhaps he'll help moderate? Very Happy

Having Sonic there would be brilliant as I am a massive fan of his work with Spacemen 3 and Experimental Audio Research/Spectrum - and I'd love to hear more about the work that he and Delia Derbyshire worked on together. I have emailed him - just waiting (hoping!) for a reply from him now!

By the way, I see you are in Birmingham...Not far from me..Actually, I'm trying to find out about a video shop there called Cinephilia...I believe it's frequented by members of Broadcast and Pram...Do you know where it is?

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

unitdeltaplus wrote:

By the way, I see you are in Birmingham...Not far from me..Actually, I'm trying to find out about a video shop there called Cinephilia...I believe it's frequented by members of Broadcast and Pram...Do you know where it is?

This will make you totally freak;

Rosie (of Pram) is my wife!

So there!

Yes Cinephillia- started by our dear friend Taz. We have been friends of CP for 12 years or so- right there from the beginning. You may like to know that Tim split with Broadcast, and now has his own band with ex-Plone member Billy called SeeLand (named of course after the track by Neu!). Their Myspazz site is here

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
unitdeltaplus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
unitdeltaplus wrote:

This will make you totally freak;

Rosie (of Pram) is my wife!

So there!

Yes Cinephillia- started by our dear friend Taz. We have been friends of CP for 12 years or so- right there from the beginning. You may like to know that Tim split with Broadcast, and now has his own band with ex-Plone member Billy called SeeLand (named of course after the track by Neu!). Their Myspazz site is here

Oh my goodness! I wanted to go to see Pram last week at a venue in Birmingham, is it 'Green Street'? None of my friends had ever heard of it...and so I couldn't go Sad

I'm very much looking forward to hearing the new Pram material... Smile

So where can I find Cinephilia, and what can I expect to find there?

I knew about Tim leaving Broadcast - I have the Seeland 12" EP which came out on Duophonic, but have still to get the first 7".

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CP is on Woodbridge road in Moseley.

Where are you coming from? Woodbridge Road is off Alcester Road- which if followed correctly, is accessible directly from the M6 motorway (via a complex network of tunnels Laughing etc.)

CP started out as a purely arthouse video rental outlet but has gone a little mainstream since (probably because of the mount of yuppies that now frequent it!!). However, their stocks of DVD's are still low Sad

(We get our DVD's from Tesco and Amazon online rental- much cheaper! Very Happy )

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

unitdeltaplus wrote:

I'm very much looking forward to hearing the new Pram material... Smile

There IS a new LP in the pipeline, but there yet needs to be finalisation of the new publishing contract with Domino Pizza...ahem.. records Wink

Basically Pram have come to the end of their contract with Domino, and have yet to decide what happens next. Rosie and I otoh are up to our necks with other commitments- such as bringing up 2 screaming children! All these things have slowed the development down of both the new LP and the last one (Dark Island).

Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
... such as bringing up 2 screaming children! ...

And you love it! Smile

Wout
unitdeltaplus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, kids are more important than records! 'Dark Island' is actually one of my favourite Pram releases....Interested to know where the band will take their sound this time around...

Are you mates with the Broadcast guys?

I've been meaning to check out the Custard Factory as I heard it's quite cool there...

I live in Hereford and am up in Birmingham most weeks Smile

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

unitdeltaplus wrote:

Are you mates with the Broadcast guys?

I've known Jam, Roj, Trish, Tim and Steve for years. Steve left Broadcast and joined Pram for a while. Roj now lives in Nottingham where he lectures in Electronic music at Nottingham uni. Tim, Jam and Trish still live in Kings Heath, here in Birmingham.

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

unitdeltaplus wrote:

I've been meaning to check out the Custard Factory as I heard it's quite cool there...

I really dislike (HATE) the Custard Factory. I once got turned down by them after suggesting opening a shop there. They told me that they were trying to create 'Bohemia' Laughing Fucking hippie-yuppie idiots! You can't 'create' bohemia, as bohemia creates itself- like it did once in Moseley, Balsall Heath and Kings Heath. Tony Blair and his vile government put pay to that Crying or Very sad Those twats at the Custurd Factory remind me of that line from the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy;- "We're trying to reinvent the wheel, but can't work out what colour it should be" Laughing

I don't hate the custurd factory because they turned me down, I just hate the venue anyway- way too clinical for me. I much prefer smaller pub-based venues Very Happy

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custard_Factory

??

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.whatsoninbrum.co.uk/venue.php?name=The%20Custard%20Factory

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custard_Factory

??

yup. that's the place. The green man stature ('art installation'- as they would "prefer" to call it) says it all! Laughing

unitdeltaplus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Didn't Broadcast, Stereolab and Pram all share a house together at some point in London?

I'm trying to track down a copy of Broadcast's Microtronics 1 tour CD - no luck anywhere Sad

..and, err, do you know Spithead????

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

unitdeltaplus wrote:
Didn't Broadcast, Stereolab and Pram all share a house together at some point in London?

No.

That is a myth. Neither Pram or Broadcast have ever lived in London (although we are all good friends of the Lab Very Happy ). However, we have all shared houses up here at different points. Both of us got fed up with sharing and bought our own.

Spithead? No- never heard of them. Nor has Roz- I just asked her. Sorry.

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did share a flat (well- slept on the sofa!) with Matt Elliott and Dave Pearce of the 3rd Eye Foundation and Flying Saucer Attack, when I lived in Bristol- although that was yonks ago.
unitdeltaplus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
unitdeltaplus wrote:

No.

That is a myth. Neither Pram or Broadcast have ever lived in London (although we are all good friends of the Lab Very Happy ). However, we have all shared houses up here at different points. Both of us got fed up with sharing and bought our own.

Spithead? No- never heard of them. Nor has Roz- I just asked her. Sorry.

That's really interesting, because I've read about the Stereolab/Broadcast/Pram sharing thing in London several times....discussed in the Broadcast and Stereolab forums...Just goes to show, don't believe everything you read, eh?

Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

unitdeltaplus wrote:
Just goes to show, don't believe everything you read, eh?

It's just a human thing.
One guy says to another: "Well, just being thrown out. Maybe I can stay at so-and-so's place for a while..." and the myth (or gossip) is born...

Interpretation of information, that's what it's all about. (Where do those English spoken people put all those 's in their sentences?)

Wout
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

unitdeltaplus wrote:

That's really interesting, because I've read about the Stereolab/Broadcast/Pram sharing thing in London several times....discussed in the Broadcast and Stereolab forums...Just goes to show, don't believe everything you read, eh?

Can you reference this for me? ie any links? I'd be most interested to read them Very Happy

Like Wout points out, its a human thing to exaggerate these myths- perhaps that's why our (English) society is such a mess?

I'm sure Broadcast have stayed with Stereolab from time to time, that would make sense, because they both share the same manager- Pikey. Pram have also stayed with Mouse on Mars in Cologne, as have Stereolab. (Jan and Andi danced round my living room- doing the 'conga' wearing my ironed underpants on their heads too- but we won't go there!! Laughing - at that party Sonic Boom and Dave Pajo (Slint, Ariel M etc), Tim, Laetitia, Mary (RIP Sad ), and a lot of others were also present. Those days are long over Crying or Very sad )

modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 275

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout Blommers wrote:

Interpretation of information, that's what it's all about. (Where do those English spoken people put all those 's in their sentences?)

Wout

the 's denotes possession

Fred's synth = synth belonging to Fred

Such fun Smile

Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's cool = cool belonging to That?

There's no logic in any language!

Very Happy

Wout
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 275

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout Blommers wrote:
That's cool = cool belonging to That?

There's no logic in any language!

Very Happy

Wout

ah, that is one of the other uses of the apostrophe s

that's = abbreviation of that is

tha apostrophe replaces the missing letter or letters

rock'n'roll Smile

Page 1 of 3 [65 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week