electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Flash Memory Full?
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mrpv

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Flash Memory Full?
Subject description: Problem
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,
I just got a nord modular rack second hand,
I try to save modified patches by pressing "Store" and it says "Wait!" and then "Memory Full" and doesn't save changes.

I can't also donwload a bank to the synth with the editore (os x) and it says "Dump Error".

Also Save to Synth in the Editor return with error Flash Error: Flash Memory Full

Memory protect in Synth Settings is set to OFF

How can I free some memory?

Help would greatly appreciated!

thanks
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi

It's something to do with having empty patches within the string of patches. So say on my Micro I've got 00-39 full of patches, but 40-41 has no patches saved, then 42-99 has patches, I'll get the same problem. You have to locate those memory 'bubbles' and fill them in. It's a strange bug that Clavia never fixed

I hope that helps Smile

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
DanielW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
say on my Micro I've got 00-39 full of patches, but 40-41 has no patches saved, then 42-99 has patches, I'll get the same problem. You have to locate those memory 'bubbles' and fill them in.

And how do you do fill them in when you can't save patches to the synth?

I've just recieved a Modular Rack (excellent condition btw, not a scratch on it), and noticed the same thing: Can't save patches into the synth because of flash memory errors.

My first reaction was to download all the banks from the synth and reinstall the latest OS, which, as a side effect, should wipe the memory clean. It didn't.

So how do I erase the flash memory? Where's the "factory reset" when reinstalling the OS doesn't seem to work?
DanielW

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, forget it. Turns out it was much simpler than I thought. Deleting a couple of banks patch by patch from the browser was all it took.

And here I was looking for ways to run the Windows version of the 2.1 OS installer to downgrade and then upgrade to 3.03 to erase the flash memory (PC went and died on me!).
sonifr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i had the same problem when i got my modular. here's what i did:

1. back up all the patches on computer
(i gave each bank it's own folder, don't bother creating a bank file)

2. create an empty folder (Empty Bank)

3. download to synth>>select folder (Empty Bank)>>choose synth bank

this will create a bank on the synth with no patches on it, freeing up flash memory. then you can load the backed up patches by folder/bank to the synth and it will effectively replace the "bubbles" with patches.

so if there were patches from 00-39, 40-41 blank, and patches from 42-99, when you reload the bank from the folder, it will fill patches 00-97 and leave 98-99 blank.

if the flash memory is completely full, writing a blank folder to a single bank should correct the problem. then you can save new patches and downlad old patches to the empty bank.
sicijk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, today i've tried for the first time to download to synth folders full of patches...but i got errors.
Im running under OSX 10.6.8.
One error could be: 134 memory full (when trying to download to Bank 1)

Also i'm not able to let the Empty folder trick to work....if i ask the Editor to download this Emoty bank it says, of course, that there's not patch files in it, so it gives error.

What could I do?

Thanks a lot!!!
GiGi

***EDIT***
ok..got something working: deleted for, say, Bank-1 patches one by one form the Editor's browser. Then downloaded a complete Bank to it.....Dump OK
Then i created an Empty Bank with blank patches (100 copies of the same blank patch...). I downloaded it to Bank-2 and Dump OK.
Then, still to Bank-2, i downloaded another folder...all OK.
So it seems that i get an error when there's already a patch to be replaced and, also, that this (those) patch are not small....(as an empty patch)
WEeeeierrdDD
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: