electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Visual and Sonic Material, Wanted and Available
music needed for dog dancing routine
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
diane cohen

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: music needed for dog dancing routine Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I train & show dogs with routines to music and I'm looking for 3 short, new pieces (between 1 min 30 seconds (preferable) to 2 minutes. Credit is given to the composer in the dog show catalogue & event video tapes made during shows. My 3 toy dogs move quickly (measured 24 on the metronome for 2 dogs and 20 for the other dog) and music must conform to them, not the person.
I'd like something with a relatively steady beat during most, but with sections that can show off short, cute tricks (spins, jumps,etc) during the piece, especially the beginning & end.An occasional rest is great too. The music can suggest a theme (Oriental, circus, Spanish), or not.
I'd sure appreciate it if a composer could create something interesting for me & the audience!
Diane
paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i am wondering if this is serious..if it is..it is a very unique request hehehe

mmhh.. who is best at dog dance music here ?

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I met Diane at my high school reunion last week. I assure you she is very serious. I thought it would be a good idea for her to post here, there being so many versatile musicians. This is an opportunity to write some music to fill a true need. This might be a good application for some beat orientied music, even IDM. I really hope someone can come through for her. If so, we'd certainly post the videos here on this site.

Thanks, Diane, for posting this, and welcome to electro-music.com. welcome
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
beat amateur

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just wondering if anyone is on top of this yet, and what the timeline is for the projects.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know if anyone has contacted Diane via PM or email.

Diane, you say the metronome is set at 24 and 20. That usually means there are 24 quater notes pre measure. This is VERY slow. Could it be that the metronome is clicking with each measure of four beats. (I assume you're dogs are dancing to 4:4 time.) If I'm right, then your true (or at least conventional) metronome setting would be 96 and 80 respectively. Still not real fast.

To make sure, I've recorded a simple mp3 file of a beat in 4:4 time at 96 beats per minute. Is this beat what you want for the faster tempo?

96-BPM.mp3
 Description:
96 BPM, for reference.

Download
 Filename:  96-BPM.mp3
 Filesize:  233.92 KB
 Downloaded:  2614 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
diane cohen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The beat given is too slow, but 4 "pawsteps" would likely take place for each beat. For instance, "Supercalifragilisticexpealidotious" (sp???) is too fast, as is the Flight of the Bumblebee. But the last piece I used was an allegro concerto byVivaldi.
The metronome beat was calculated by a teacher and it may be my dog's paws went down 4 times for every beat.
I have another small dog & am looking at an "Accoustical Guitar" CDas it has unusual sounds/some percussion only sections, but it's a bit too slow.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Diane, were you able to play the 96 BPM file above? Are you saying that it is too slow?
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Visual and Sonic Material, Wanted and Available
Jump to: