electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Circuit Bending
can anything be done with these two keyboards?
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
flyzaminelli

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: can anything be done with these two keyboards? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have two keyboards here that I am interested in modifying.

The first is a KAWAI KX430 manual
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
I like some of the percussion sounds and would love to be able to liberate them from their preset patterns and trigger the samples individually.

The second is a Concertmate 980 manual
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
I can get some pretty crazy sounds flipping through banks on this thing while mashing the keys.. im sure circuit bending could make this thing scream, but i have no experience with bending.

Any suggestions?
Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My suggestion would be to start small. Go to thrift stores and flea markets / yard sales and pick up a couple of the little cheap keyboards. poke around inside and make a few bends and get a feel for it.

Don't take this wrong, but newbies to grilling or barbecueing should start with a burger or two, then a steak etc. Don't throw an elephant on the barbie and expect hot tasty meat the first time out.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Lorenzo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm agree with Danno Gee Ray...
I think is better start bending with more simple stuffs.

That because is more simple to focus what you could obtain bending that circuit... furthermore, "big" instruments are sometimes more difficoult to bent or needs specific procedures to obtain a certain effect...
and last but not least with cheap stuffs is easier to complete the project... you know what I mean?? I spent mounth to circuit bent my "Barbie Karaoke"
and I do not close my TR-707 yet ... Wink Very Happy

I hope you are able to understand my English... Wink

stolenfat

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

those concert mates are to complex to bend and are more digital. they are good candidates for enhancements, ie building circuits to mix with the audio outputs.
once 40106'd up some oscillators and ran the audio out from each speaker into them then back towards the audio jack. then mounted some pots to freq the oscillators. this resulted in some awesome sound effects but the keyboard stayed exactly the same with the exception of some new holes in the casing.

YashN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe the best way to 'extend' this keyboard is not really to circuit-bend it but rather to use the MIDI-OUT in conjunction with a new PCB synth with MIDI-IN and then you can think of mounting all the controllers though Pots and switches onto the synth's panel.
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Circuit Bending
Jump to: