electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
No more Andromeda A6!!!
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
pophertz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: No more Andromeda A6!!!
Subject description: Alesis stopped further Andromeda production
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just found out from croatian Alesis dealer that Alesis stopped further Andromeda production. There are still unconfrimed plans of releasing it in a small series sometimes in the future, but nobody can tell for sure Sad
Damn Numark morons!
wwjd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmmmmm Sweetwater Sound thinks they are getting a new shipment. Bummer though if it's true. Glad I good a great used one!! Very Happy
Jyoti

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've heard this at least three separate times in the last couple of years.

And yet, more A6s eventually appear! Very Happy

I'm taking it with a skipload of salt. Razz

soundwave106

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I doubt it's been officially discontinued, however it certainly isn't a synthesizer Numark puts a whole lot of priority on.

The official word will come I imagine when the Andromeda becomes a "legacy" product, like the Ion became.
analoghaze

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The A6 has "collector's item" status already.... once officially discontinuted, it will be a legendary synthesizer.
rh2y

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I was waiting to get my A6, the final word on why it took so long to get it was that they had to make the A6 RoHS (lead-free) compliant, and it was taking a while to get the last couple chips made in lead-free packages.

I doubt they would have gone to all that trouble, only to discontinue the synth shortly thereafter.

Hopefully the dealer has bad information.

Although I already have an A6 (after a 9 month wait!), it would still be bad for them to be discontinued, as I will probably need repair parts for it at some time in the future.

I guess I better start making some serious music with it while it's still in good condition!

Russ

Shameless-er plug: http://www.evatontechnologies.com/

Music: https://atomstomolecules.bandcamp.com/releases
soundwave106

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My overall impression of Numark is that they say nothing about their Alesis lineup to dealers, frustrating them. So dealers make some shit up in an effort to not put off an eventual potential sale, as many musicians don't want to deal with a company that doesn't have its act together, or at the very least puts their pro products at a low priority.

In some ways I'm surprised the Alesis A6 lasted as long as it has, Alesis went bankrupt after all in 2001. They certainly aren't doing much with their Alesis lineup, but I guess they are keeping it around as a cash cow.
Jyoti

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the A6 is, quite obviously, a future "classic synth" (if it isn't already).

Every musician I've let have a go on it or demoed it to has been blown away, it elicits the same kind of love as the Voyager.

Surely, bearing all that in mind, Numark would be foolish to stop manufacturing such an attention-grabbing, landmark item? I mean, all the hard work and big investment of R&D has been done already, now all they have to do is knock the buggers out.

But, then again, I don't know anything about synth manufacturing so I could be spouting complete crap! Very Happy

Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: