electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Chameleon
MY COMPRESSOR DOES NOT WORK!!
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
gonzdi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: MY COMPRESSOR DOES NOT WORK!!
Subject description: my program does not recognize the main functions
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Chameleon´s people,

I have a problem with the application that I am developing for the chameleon:

It consists of an audio compressor that I have already developed and works correctly, but the problem is in that it does not recognize me the tasks included in the "main.c" ('create_dsp_task' and 'create_panel_task').

I would like, if someone can, were checking the code to seeing if someone find the problem because i am a new developer and i do not find that. I will attach it in a file.

thank you very much for your attention and i hope your help Wink!!

saludations from Spain!!

compresor.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  compresor.rar
 Filesize:  21.44 KB
 Downloaded:  764 Time(s)

DrJustice

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Gonzdi!

welcome to electro-music.com!

I had a look at the sources, and the first thing that hits me is that some of the files have strange extensions, like 'panelH.txt' and 'panelC.txt' etc.. Very strange - they need to be renamed 'panel.c' panel.h' etc.. That will stop the errors given for 'create_dsp_task' and 'create panel_task'. Also, the 'dsp' directory contains C sources of the same names as those in it's parent directory.

I cleaned up a little and tried a build, got some errors, fixed 'panel.c', line 243 by adding a quote to close the string - but there are more errors to be dealt with. I think you should have a look at the file structure of the example projects. Perhaps starting a new project and importing the files you need.

DJ
--
gonzdi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi DrJustice,

thank you very much for your help!!

My intention is to develope an Audio Master with three filter-bands, a compressor, an expander and a signal limiter in each band, After that to include a master limiter and gain.

If to someone he/she is interested in this application and wants to help me with someone of the blocks, I will be grateful for it to him/her eternally!!

i will try to remake the project with the tutorial examples and then I will keep you informed!!
gonzdi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have changed error files and now does not exist files incompatibility.

my problem now is that exist this error:

"makefile:17: *** commands commence before first target. stop
make[1]: *** [dsp/dsp_code.h] Error 2
make: *** [common] Error 2"

I attach the new file for if someone can solve it.

Thank you for your attention and apolologize by my insistence!!

compresor.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  compresor.rar
 Filesize:  12.81 KB
 Downloaded:  767 Time(s)

DrJustice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gonzdi wrote:
Thank you for your attention and apologise by my insistence!!

First of all, you have nothing to apologize for! You are at the right place for Chameleon discussions thumleft

OK - I've looked at it a bit, and found a few things.

I got the same makefile error as you, so I created a new default project using the latest version of the development environment, as found on synth.net (If you haven't got the latest version, download and install the full SDK and the additional components). Then I added all the source files from your compressor project and the makefile worked. I don't know what the problem was, let's just be satisfied that a fresh project using the latest SDK works Smile

Now the build can start, but the compiler exits with some errors, as is to be expected with the first compilations of a new project.

The first thing that stopped it from compiling was simply the filenames of the 'FIRL.asm' and 'FIRR.asm' files, so I changed main.asm, line 16 and 17 to the correct filenames.

Then the compile stopped on a missing 'endm' in 'FIRL.asm' and 'FIRR.asm'. This error relates to the next one which was: 'Unrecognized mnemonic: SIMULATING' in 'main.asm' line 20. The first error is because the assembler requires that mnemonics and directives are not placed at the beginning of a line, i.e. they must have leading whitespace, or more abstracly they must not be in the first column. The second error is because labels (symbols) must be placed at the start of the line, or the first column if you wish; that is indeed how it is interpreted as being a label, UNLESS you have a colon after the label. I moved the first few labels in 'main.asm' to the start of the line, just to verify that it was the problem.

Now the compiler stops at 80,83,85 in 'main.asm' with three error messages for each line. It's the semicolons (comments) - there must be whitespace between the statement and the semicolon. Then on line 111 and on, the lists of constants end with ",...".

At this point, now that the compilation proper is going, I assume that you need to work a little on the code and formatting, going through a few compiles to catch typos and so on.

I have attached the project that I modified. Hopefully it will be easier to progress from there.

DJ
--

compresor_124_modified.rar
 Description:
Modified compressor project.

Download
 Filename:  compresor_124_modified.rar
 Filesize:  12.7 KB
 Downloaded:  758 Time(s)

vexkon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good luck with this master channel gonzdi!
gonzdi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi people!!!

after some months developing other algorithms and learning more about Chamie , i´ve returned to try this compress, and my new (but not the last...Sad ) question is:

when i try to compilate all the program, doesn´t exist "errors", but it doesn´t let me to compilate it showing this text:

Unresolved Externals:
CRB_TEO (C:\.......\main.cli)
GRT (C:\...\main.cli)
make[3]: *** [/Chameleon.sdk/...../main.cld] Error 4
make[2]: *** [dsp/dsp_code.h] Error 2
make[1]: *** [debug] Error 2
make: *** [common] Error 2

Results : 1 Error(s), 0 Warnings(s)

Why could be it caused???

Another time, thank you for your attention and have a nice day Smile
DrJustice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since the compiler complains about 'Unresolved Externals:' CRB_TEO and GRT, I'd search for those in the sources. If you can't catch them, we'd need to se the code to help any further.

DJ
--
gonzdi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok Mr. Justice, I have tried to resolve this error for five days, and can´t see the solution. I think that the target to resolve it is in the "main.asm" where i have forgotten any step or any port activation that i can´t see. I´ll attach the code and if you could help me, when you build it only will have this anounced error (and hope that will be the last...).

another time, a lot of thanks for your attencion!!!!

proyect.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  proyect.rar
 Filesize:  14.2 KB
 Downloaded:  707 Time(s)

DrJustice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, I've tried to build the project now.

The symbol 'CRB_TEO' as referenced in 'main.dsp' line 254 and 289, should be 'CRB_TE0', i.e. use the digit zero, not the letter O ('CRB_TE0' is defined in 'SDK\include\dsp\dsp_equ.asm').

The missing 'GTR' symbol is not defined anywhere. However, there's a 'GRT' symbol defined in 'main.dsp' line 35. I changed that definition to 'GRT' and it then gets past that error.

Of course, now that the build gets a bit further there are other errors (in 'panel.c' and 'panel.h'). This is to be expected since the build didn't get that far previously. So there's a little bit more work for you in cleaning up the panel code Smile

DJ
--
gonzdi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: finallyyy It runssssss!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

finally it´s done, the audio compress runs ok. It´s not so complete like others, but make the basically function: "simple but easy".

I attach the code, the interface compilation and a litlle resume for everybody.

Thanks to everybody for your help and patience

Now....for the audio limiter!!! Smile

user´s manual:
this audio compress consists of a separating filter of three bands where each band is modified separately with: RATIO, THESHOLD and INPUTLEVEL.

Then, when you conect the chameleon, you will see the "Output Gain" which is posible to modified with control1.

If you press edit buttom, access to Proccess window where you can change the band to compress with "part" parameter (LPF,BPF,HPF).

If you want to change the function, with "param" you will choose between ratio, threshold and Input Level.

Finally, if you change the "value" button, you will be modifying each of the previous parameters

proyecto.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  proyecto.rar
 Filesize:  86.36 KB
 Downloaded:  712 Time(s)

Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Chameleon
Jump to: