electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
A new Lunetta module ...... MP3 RELOADED
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: A new Lunetta module ...... MP3 RELOADED
Subject description: with photo and mp3
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Otay. A slightly different version of this module had been done by Tom Bugs, some time early last year. I have also done a slightly different version with my KAOS LFO. So it may not be completely new, but may I present to you:

The 4 Stage Oscillator! Smile

I've attached to this message:

- a photo of my Deathlehem Machine as he currently stands, with the test board for the 4 Stage Oscillator, lying on the floor of the machine.

- a 3+ minute mp3 example file of the module

- a VERY quickly done schematic for the circuit

This module allow you to have 4 pots, that control the pitch, of a single CD40106 oscillator, using the CD4052 dual 1:4 / 4:1 multiplexer

Control inputs A and B decide which of the 4 sections are currently conducting electricity: 0, 1, 2 or 3 of both halves of the 4052. (No, each of the 2 sections do not operate independently.)

The user has the choice of selecting which of the 4 sections is action at at time they choose by sending a HIGH to either or both of the Control Inputs.

When no HIGH is sent, both of the inputs are Grounded through 100k resistors. There are also protection diodes on the inputs to the Controls, to make sure that no negative voltages make it through.

The mp3 file that I have included in this message starts out fading in with a shrilling constant shriek. This is due to my using 2 x CD40106 oscillators to individually control the ON / OFF nature of each of the Control Inputs. At the very beginning of the track, I have both of the oscillators operating at their highest frequencies. (Approximately 4700hz and 250hz.)

A gradually drop the speeds of each of the controlling oscillators, towards the point where you're able to hear the 1st one now causing the CD4052 to switch between 2 inputs and finally, where you're able to make out 4 individual pitches. That is where you're able to hear each of the 4 'pitch' controls for the oscillator who's timing is determined by which of the 4 pots at the CD4052 are currently active.

For a few moments I change the pitch of each of the 4 pitch controls to demonstrate that, as well as changing the frequencies of the 2 control oscillators.

Finally, I start to slowly increase the speeds of the control oscillators to bring the audio back to the initial shrieking that the track started out with.

I hope others out there who are building Lunetta machines, enjoy this idea! Smile I came up with it late this afternoon and built the test circuit in about 2 1/2 hours, successfully using 2 of the 14 or 16 pin chip PCBs that I made, yesterday. (I will NOW be making a whole bunch more of them, as they help to make building, a breeze. Smile )

In a couple of days I hope to get this entire new panel completed. It will consist of:

- 4 more CD40106 clocks. 2 of them with the lowest speed of 0.5hz
- the new 4 Stage Oscillator
- 2 more 4 Bit Shift Registers

Last edited by Rykhaard on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
slacker

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's really cool, thanks for sharing. I'll add it to my list of stuff to play with.

I can't listen to the mp3 though, just says file not found Sad
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

slacker wrote:
That's really cool, thanks for sharing. I'll add it to my list of stuff to play with.

I can't listen to the mp3 though, just says file not found Sad

Not a trouble in sharing! Smile

Thankee greatly for letting me know of the download failure Slacker! I just confirmed that and RE-uploaded the MP3, confirming it's existence this time. Smile
slacker

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds great.
droffset

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it, will build one too!
acidblue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know this is an old post but could you re-post the Shem???
Since the mp3 and the schem don't show up any more.
I got here thru the Link-O-Rama sticky post.
analog_backlash

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

I don't know the ins and outs of it, but Rykhaard had a major falling out with this site and no longer deals with it. You can still see his stuff on:

http://deathlehem.com/php/forums.html

The only problem is, you have to register and it usually takes quite a while before you hear back.

Gary
acidblue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E Gads!
Thanks for the reply. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: