electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  mosc Live music with Twyndyllyngs - Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Sequencers
Anyone familiar with Roland OP-8 add-on for the MC-4?
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
volumetrik

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Anyone familiar with Roland OP-8 add-on for the MC-4? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Been trying to find a manual for it...no luck...

I noticed on the OP-8 there is 'multiple jack' feature, what is this used for and how does it work?

also

since it lets you control polysynth can you sequence polyphonic parts with the MC-4?

Thanks
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone familiar with Roland OP-8 add-on for the MC-4? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

volumetrik wrote:
Been trying to find a manual for it...no luck...

I noticed on the OP-8 there is 'multiple jack' feature, what is this used for and how does it work?

also

since it lets you control polysynth can you sequence polyphonic parts with the MC-4?

Thanks

Ooooo gawd this is scratching the memories ...

I last had an OP-8m in the mid 90's with my 2 MC-4Bs that I had then. ( I recently, very thankfully got 1 of them back after 13 years of wondering where it were.)

The OP-8 allows you to translate CVs BACK to DCB for the Roland machines of that day.
The OP-8m allows you to translate CVs back to MIDI. I vaguely remember hearing that there had not been very many of either of the models, manufactured.

For a manual and / or service manual, try searching for Mark Glinsky through Google. Last I checked a couple of years ago, he were still maintaining a gargantuan archive of manuals of both types, for almost all pieces of gear that he were able to find. I found out then, then he is charging for everything now, as well. He's a good source though. (When I were trying to find the manual for the Alesis MMT-8 that I had just acquired (first one since the late 80's) - completely forgetting that the manual were inside it's lid. Laughing Seeing that, I didn't bother ordering one.
monads

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Old thread but here's some additional info:

The manual is only 6 pages and doesn't really describe the usefulness of the 'multiple jack' feature.

Although I've personally never tried this feature, my guess would be used to split off a CV or Gate output (as example) from the MC-4. You can then route this to another source like your modular.

A simple setup would go something like the following with the OP-8 hooked up to a Juno-60 and assuming you have all 4 channels (or 1 for that matter) programmed in the MC-4. Take Ch-1 CV/Gate outs from the MC-4 and use the multiples on the OP-8. Route one set to the OP-8 input 1. Route the other set to your modular. Granted they'll be the same values /note but could come in handy for other purposes Wink

Hope this helps.
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Sequencers
Jump to: