electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Organised Sound with Dr. Steve
Page 4 of 4 [93 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
Lots of brilliant stuff in that show! And thanks for playing some of my stuff. Smile
Blue Hell wrote:
/me applauds - nice show Steve!
Thanks for listening! Lotsa good music in this show from some wonderful artists (including yours, Stefan)! Thanks to all the artists who post their tunes.
Steve
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Organized Sound Episode 86 - Experimentalism Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[removed for personal reasons]
Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
1:11

Audio files: 109

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy cow!!
SOoooooOOOooo COOL!!
Never heard all this organized a presented like this
Thank you !! Smile

Would like to point out that many of these AcidTrasH songs feature sounds and samples from PhoBoS.

etc.
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1:11 wrote:
Holy cow!!
SOoooooOOOooo COOL!!
Never heard all this organized a presented like this
Thank you !! Smile
Thank you for sharing your music.
1:11 wrote:
Would like to point out that many of these AcidTrasH songs feature sounds and samples from PhoBoS.
Cool!!!!
Steve
1:11

Audio files: 109

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i will ALWAYS share our music here because electro-music.com has been an integral part of our growth, both in providing a forum for expression and especially as a place to learn.
Plus i've made some pretty cool friends here Smile

etc.
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Organized Sound Episode 87
Subject description: originally stream cast on 2012-09-02
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very good, Steve. I heard the program in my car via smartphone patched into the car's audio system. Sounded great - a very enjoyable program, as usual. I much prefer the playlist method because the full information shows up on the http://electro-music.com/radio page.

Another big plus is that when listening to the playlist using Winamp, I can see the names of the files, and go back and listen again, or save. Wowzer!

Not to mention, if you don't like a track for whatever reason, you can hit the >> button. Idea Twisted Evil Wink Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice selection of tracks,. but as a show I don't really like it this way. There is not much of a difference
between it and just listening to the playlist (except that it's your selection) , I always enjoy your comments in between tracks singing

I also noticed that a lot of tracks only showed a name in winamp no artist, but that might have
to do with the way they are tagged (or rather lack of), offcourse you will now have info during a rebroadcast aswell,
which isn't the case with a recorded show.
hmm but now I think about it that only works if when streaming the show, or you would have to post it as
a playlist + all the tracks which would be a pita to download.

and as for the crossfades, I never really liked automated fades, but that's just my personal opinion, so do with it whatever you want. Wink

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
I also noticed that a lot of tracks only showed a name in winamp no artist[...]

Yes ... the radio is set up to use the file name for meta information and not any embedded (mp3) tags. The reason for that is that the radio page and the chat info thingies use the file name to get to forum information.

So those would be the places to look for extra info.

For on demand streams maybe I could get some extra meta info into the PLS file, although in that case winamp really should use the meta info present in the audio file ... and a lot of audio files do not have tags in them ... so I'm not sure the extra information would be used then. Anyway, should not be too hard to experiment a bit with that as the information needed is already present in the cache file I think.

Hmm .. what was the question again Shocked Laughing

[Q]

Audio files: 57

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

interestingly in VLC it displays the line from the PLS file...

Code:
http://electro-music.com/forum/download.php?id=31781

PHOBoS wrote:
I always enjoy your comments in between tracks

me too Very Happy
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Organized Sound Episode 88
Subject description: originally stream cast on 2012-09-16

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Orgnized Sound morphed into Welcome to Zone 11712
Subject description: explanation of why there are no more Organized Sound shows posted

Several months ago for my weekly Organized Sound show, I tried an experiment using the wonderful new playlist system designed and implemented by Jan. Welcome to Zone 11712 features music I have done, including improvisations from past episodes of Organized Sound, collaborations with others (including latency jams and remixes of my material by others), rehearsal sessions, open-port noodling, outtakes, tunes from my personal archives, etc.

Each week I scoured works done as MusicMan11712 (aka Dr. Steve) to play music that had not yet been played in the "Welcome to the Zone" series, with the exception of short-tunes/fillers and an occasional repeated song to try to fit the two-hour slot as closely as possible. Occasionally, if there was no show afterwards, The Zone ran a little longer.

Since the shows are played by the playlist system, there is no whole show file to post. However, all of the music is posted in the electro-music archives.*

Anyhow, thanks for listening.

Steve

*UPDATE: For deeply personal reasons, I removed most of the audio files I had posted. If you were around in those days and listened, as I said, ". . . thanks for listening."

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PS: Welcome to Zone 11712 is still on Sundays!!! (Check the listing for the show time in your location.) Thanks.
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't been doing the show for several months as everyone who used to listen knows.

It had become an issue of competition for limited resources having to spend more and more time looking for material, since less material seemed to be turning up in the electro-music forum. That required looking elsewhere, checking licensing details, and finding a much smaller percentage of music I was into than I could find by simply reviewing what was posted by members here.

As listeners know, at one point I came up with the "Welcome to Zone 11712" theme--using the excellent new playlist system to program new shows on a weekly basis of music from MusicMan11712. It consisted of improvs from the "Organized Sound with Dr. Steve" shows, other improvs I did either on the open port or my port (not as part of the show), PHOBoSized collaborations, excepts from collaborative jams, and older material I discovered on my hard drive.

Then (a few months ago), I got a new sound card, installed it, had it crash, and for a long time was not able to get my PC's audio working without generating periodic noises whenever the system was doing something--including text scrolling in chat. My plan had been to fix that and to rethink the show.

In the meantime, (1) I have missed creating music and (2) I have noticed how wonderful a job Robsol has been doing updating the playlist by adding newly posted material. So, the future of the "Organized Sound" show is very much up-in-the-air.

From my point of view, it has been a great run. I really enjoyed going through the electro-music holdings (newly posted and historical) to select and play tunes. It is a great treasure chest of what I think of as high quality diversity in electronic music.

As well, I have greatly enjoyed the flexibility to do improvs when the muse pushed me to be creative. When I did my first improv here (NYE 2009), I was filled with terrifying anxiety. And I am very grateful for the opportunity over the years to work on that and develop a certain level of increased comfort by doing the improvs on the show.

To all that listened faithfully as your schedules permitted, thanks!! The encouragement of your listenership and participation in chat is much appreciated.

Steve

=======================================
UPDATE:
I was starting to get back into doing music and was even thinking of doing some stuff on a regular basis again, but then a few people here got very ugly and no matter what I did and tried to ask management to do I could not escape the ugly, nasty, hostilities and offensive vitriolic rhetoric that almost seems like it was calculatedly deliberate.

There are a few here who have been very supportive over the years. To them I say, thank you.

In deleting my music and my shows, I was reminded of the support and also the amount of time and energy I put into helping to support and promote the music of others here. While I feel bad that the music I strung together is no longer available as a show, however most of the music I played was from the archives here and is still available for play on the streaming radio stations--just not mine.

Thank you for the many kind words from those who had kind words.

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cynosure
Site Admin

Audio files: 82

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the update Steve, and thanks for all the shows you have done. Due to the schedule, your show was the one I was able to listen to most often. I especially enjoyed the live improve performances.

I hope you sort out your soundcard issue and maybe do the odd live performance from time to time.

Cheers!

Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

* Applause * for all of the great Organised sounds and Zone 11712 shows!!!! Very Happy

It's perfectly natural to break off a routine, either by choice or chance. Give the system a new angle and other ways to come up with new stuff. It would be great to hear from you again at some point - both your great music and lovely radio voice - but only when that is what you feel like doing. Smile

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the kind words, Jake and Stefan. I have been working on stabilizing my studio setup and hope to get back to creating new music and re-constructing some older, multi-tracked tunes (personal "old favorites") for new performance.

Again, thanks for listening to the show.

Steve
Page 4 of 4 [93 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: