electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » News... » Conferences and Journals
Escapology
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Two Glass Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Escapology
Subject description: A web publication dedicated to experimental music and the artists who make it
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My name is Andrew. I'm a musician, freelance web designer, and, the topic of today's plea for help, an editor for Escapology, a publication showcasing experimental music. Or, as we like to say, the best music you've never heard.

I've been putting more time, blood, sweat, and tears into this than I care to say. Our goal is to find unknown experimental artists—the artists still recording in their basements, mailing (or emailing) out their own demos, and trying to carve out a place in a segment of the music industry that brings new meaning to the word "underground"—and showcase them to an audience made up of listeners eager for new, interesting, and, yes, often off-the-wall music.

I'm not typically one for self-promotion, but word-of-mouth is our only real advertising. Our target audience, assuming they have more in common with us than just our music tastes, isn't likely to pay much attention to annoying sidebar or banner ads. We want to connect artists with new fans and potential fans with new artists, but we can't do that without getting the word out. So, what I'm asking of you is this: check out the site, listen to the music, maybe even read an interview or two. If you like what you hear (and read), then please pass it on.

Thank you, really,

Andrew
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » Conferences and Journals
Jump to: