electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Rhythmic
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
tbone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Rhythmic
Subject description: 4017 and 40106
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

This is my first post but I have been lurking and absorbing here for a little while.

This is a quick demo of my first real Lunetta type unit made out of a 4017 and 2 40106s. I've made APCs and 40106 oscillator synths but not combined with anything else.
I found a 4017 in a compartment of my toolbox [I'm not sure why, I don't even remember ordering it] and so built a sequencer based on the baby 10. I then tried hooking up the sequencer outputs to the oscillators of a 40106 and liked the sounds I was getting out of it so decided to mount it all up to some banana jacks [forward planning so I can later combine it with some more modules].

Anyway, here is a video:

Thanks!
Draal

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome aboard tbone hello welcome. Nice sounds and great looking unit. Hope to see and hear more of your stuff.
sndbyte

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice looking build. What did you use for the panel?
tbone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks!

The panel is a sheet of clear perspex which I have painted black on the underside. Using a clear sheet let me mark out all the points to drill holes etc on graph paper which I then stuck underneath to get everything neatly aligned. Painting on the underside gives a nice glossy look, but when putting it altogether I did chip a little paint off around one of the LEDs which does show on the front. If I were to do this again I would probably try and find something to apply over the paint to prevent that from happening.
tony void

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Beautiful Machine Nice craftsmanship!
tjookum

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very nice work tbone, I really like the shine and the size is just about perfect for a lunetta.

What are you planning to add to this machine? I've build a few 4017 sequencers myself and I always added a 4066 cmos switch to mine so you can gate things like APC's, circuitbend toys, etc.

XOR, XNOR and NAND gates are also a lot of fun and very easy to do.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

noise
tbone

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for the kind words!

A way to use it with some of my circuit bent gear is exactly what I was hoping to add next to this. Something along the lines of the sequencer on the casper electronics site [http://www.casperelectronics.com/images/finishedpieces/sequencers/switchScheme.jpg] looks to be ideal.
Tjookum, I do have a 4066. It is supposed to be for my echo base delay pedal build, but I need to get a few other things for that anyway so I may well use it before hand....
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: