electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc » TC-11
File exchange implementation
Page 1 of 2 [29 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
BigaMyst

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: File exchange implementation
Subject description: Suggestion of the automated preset exchange
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for this extraordinary tool - TC-11. I have almost every synth on iOS, and I can affirm: yours is only one that is both the most original and the one that optimally and fully utilize the iOS technology.
However I draw your attention to an essential question: the ergonomics of the TC-11 is not easy to create a patch and requires a great portion of experimentation of all modules.
In this case of a system as unusual form of the sonic creation, there is often a simple method: the analysis of existing sounds. And why it is absolutely necessary to consult a lot of them. Although I create many sounds and presets for electro-acoustic and experimental music (using FM synthesis, granular, additive, ring modulation, etc..), I have not yet understood, how many modules TC-11 works and I would like to analyse lot of other... the problem is that they not exist!!!!
I still creates ten presets (variations of factory's presets), and I noted that it is not easy to export and import them. I think TC-11 should have a very easy system to easily do it.
You should know that only applications focused on the exchange presets will become commercial successes. Let me cite as an example one of the most popular sound creation system on iOS: Reactable.
It is connected to a webpage devoted to the presets presentation and we can download them directly into iPad. The same simple procedure exists for export.
I wish the implementation of this type of exchange almost automatically, in any case without formats "zip" or the need to use other media, data warehouse and storages places.
Yesterday I downloaded a zipped preset from here (rissers), but I do not know how I load it in TC-11. And I do not have time to study a special procedure to do it (I've dezipped all, stored to some application to storage and dezipp, and here I'm blocked)...
At Reactable, there is a direct menu named "Community", with a direct access to the dedicaced web page. No other media, browser needed. I think this is not necessary to "re-invent the wire to cut the butter" (a french proverb), but it is possible to build on what is right next door. Especially because your product is absolutely not their competitor.
Thank You and sorry for my poor english (Google translator for a part).
BigaMyst
BigaMyst

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Some patches from my kitchen Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These patches are made from other factory's patches...

Bubbly Doubbly MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Bubbly Doubbly MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  35.8 KB
 Downloaded:  1068 Time(s)

Crobotomized MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Crobotomized MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  35.44 KB
 Downloaded:  866 Time(s)

Norbert the Light MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Norbert the Light MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  35.52 KB
 Downloaded:  847 Time(s)

Panching An MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Panching An MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  31.87 KB
 Downloaded:  824 Time(s)

Recomendol MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Recomendol MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  32.11 KB
 Downloaded:  822 Time(s)

BigaMyst

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another 5 presets...

Recored MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Recored MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  36.01 KB
 Downloaded:  805 Time(s)

Repiperado MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Repiperado MiN.tcp
 Downloaded:  770 Time(s)

Reported MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Reported MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  38.79 KB
 Downloaded:  747 Time(s)

Ribambelle MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Ribambelle MiN.tcp
 Downloaded:  775 Time(s)

Riboldi MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Riboldi MiN.tcp
 Downloaded:  752 Time(s)

BigaMyst

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A suite of 5

Riccostar MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Riccostar MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  35.47 KB
 Downloaded:  731 Time(s)

Rigatoni MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Rigatoni MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  32.18 KB
 Downloaded:  757 Time(s)

Rinhome MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Rinhome MiN.tcp
 Downloaded:  726 Time(s)

Ripsol MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Ripsol MiN.tcp
 Downloaded:  736 Time(s)

Risset mou MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Risset mou MiN.tcp
 Downloaded:  759 Time(s)

BigaMyst

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And some other...

Risturnelle MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Risturnelle MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  32.12 KB
 Downloaded:  718 Time(s)

River blue MIN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  River blue MIN.tcp
 Downloaded:  728 Time(s)

Rizostorm MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Rizostorm MiN.tcp
 Downloaded:  703 Time(s)

Testorant.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Testorant.tcp
 Filesize:  35.46 KB
 Downloaded:  726 Time(s)

Totolino MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Totolino MiN.tcp
 Downloaded:  740 Time(s)

BigaMyst

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Today, this is all, folks!
I hope some other between You would like share to some of his creations!!!

For now, this forum seems to be rather stingy and selfish. Only two presets are shared here, I can not believe no one had succeeded in creating a single preset to him ...
On educational videos on YT we can see that the guy who provides advice in creating a more personal presets, but obviously he has no desire to share ... just to show he is a master! Sad world! Rolling Eyes Wink cry

Two Dwarfs MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Two Dwarfs MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  32.4 KB
 Downloaded:  723 Time(s)

Ustachovits MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Ustachovits MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  39.1 KB
 Downloaded:  574 Time(s)

Zonder Donger MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Zonder Donger MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  35.57 KB
 Downloaded:  535 Time(s)

onewayness

Audio files: 19

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for sharing, BigaMyst! Looking forward to trying these out...

I'm getting a lot of use out of TC-11. I'm at the point where I feel like I mostly understand the various operators and what I can do with them, and have edited some existing patches for specific performances, but have yet to start programming my own.

Once I do, though, will be more than happy to share here...

Cheers,
Adam / onewayness

BigaMyst

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glad to know that someone appreciates my effort to share.
However I must say, that unlike you, I do not yet understand all the parameters and how they are mainly involved in the changes of the sonic spectrum by movements or by the gyro.
In this way my patches are only more or less important modifications of factory patches or only two first patches, sent here to this forum. Every day I analyze one or two existing factory patches and I see how I can intervene and I try to understand the role of certain parameters to create meaningful change.
For this reason I would be happy to discover your own modifications, because I think that's how - by mutual emulation - we come to understand how this tool TC-11, works.
So please, colleagues, send here to your first edited patches, although these are only minor changes.
BigaMyst

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: New presets Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some new stuff... it seems no one of you would like to share his own presets.

So, I will probably stop this sharing action and I will from now socking all my presets as envious ground squirrel in my lair ... So after uploading 32 presets, So I will wait until someone other give here some more other presets in sufficient numbers, until then, nothing!

A singing box MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  A singing box MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  35.53 KB
 Downloaded:  490 Time(s)

A Smiling Victim MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  A Smiling Victim MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  35.53 KB
 Downloaded:  482 Time(s)

Acrostiche Blaff MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Acrostiche Blaff MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  35.68 KB
 Downloaded:  461 Time(s)

Aeromecanical MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Aeromecanical MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  38.8 KB
 Downloaded:  475 Time(s)

Spice Void MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Spice Void MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  35.68 KB
 Downloaded:  472 Time(s)

BigaMyst

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And now, the last 2! You have here 32 presets! And now, please, share Your own! Me, I lost the motivation!

Spy Droid MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Spy Droid MiN.tcp
 Downloaded:  482 Time(s)

Spyderman MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Spyderman MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  35.67 KB
 Downloaded:  498 Time(s)

Bit Shape

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BigaMyst: WOW! I can't wait to try these out! I'm impressed by your output and glad you took the time to share them with us. I'll definitely post some feedback once I can sit down and play with them.

I wanted to stop in briefly: I'm currently attending the NIME2012 conference in Ann Arbor, MI, which finishes tonight. I'll catch up with the forum activity once I finished traveling home.

Lots to talk about!
matthere

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for these Smile

I am pretty new to the TC, but hope to be able to create some presets soon to share with others..

Just getting my head around this great creative tool at the mo!

Thanks again Smile

Matt
BigaMyst

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

matthere wrote:
Thanks for these Smile
Matt

No problem... I'm only a little bit deceived, because I'm sure, many other made their own presets and refuse to share them... it's sad! The problem is that for the creativity could grow it is necessary to exchange and in the case of a very new device, or app, it is absolument essential.
I still discovering this app, and I always don't understand well how his several elements work. For example I don't understand why I can't see some module like LFO in the general scheme, or why I can modulate the filter by the second envelope. I would like imagine, that when I open a new envelope, the module will become visible on the general scheme (there where all moduls are shown). Then I do not yet understand well how the arpeggiator... I hope the author will be present here soon to start a discussion...
Bit Shape

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright - before I dig in to answer some questions, let's get down to business with some patch sharing.

You may know Ligeti's Artikulation (check out a video here), so I created a few patches to allow players to perform the score live.

Artikulation Filtered Impulse.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Artikulation Filtered Impulse.tcp
 Filesize:  29.33 KB
 Downloaded:  529 Time(s)

Artikulation Harmonic Spectra.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Artikulation Harmonic Spectra.tcp
 Filesize:  29.22 KB
 Downloaded:  481 Time(s)

Artikulation Noise Stack.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Artikulation Noise Stack.tcp
 Downloaded:  475 Time(s)

Artikulation Sustained Impulse.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Artikulation Sustained Impulse.tcp
 Downloaded:  465 Time(s)

Bit Shape

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are some other patches I've been using for performance. I should mention that the next TC-11 update is going to be focused on new user patches. You might see something similar to these in that update.

Borg FM LFO.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Borg FM LFO.tcp
 Filesize:  30.75 KB
 Downloaded:  486 Time(s)

Guitar Pedal Blues.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Guitar Pedal Blues.tcp
 Filesize:  30.18 KB
 Downloaded:  481 Time(s)

Krunkt Perk Attack.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Krunkt Perk Attack.tcp
 Filesize:  30.47 KB
 Downloaded:  448 Time(s)

Snaps HPF.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Snaps HPF.tcp
 Filesize:  29.33 KB
 Downloaded:  441 Time(s)

Snaps R.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Snaps R.tcp
 Filesize:  29.39 KB
 Downloaded:  466 Time(s)

Bit Shape

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One more...

W-42912.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  W-42912.tcp
 Filesize:  30.49 KB
 Downloaded:  453 Time(s)

Snaps R4.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Snaps R4.tcp
 Filesize:  30.67 KB
 Downloaded:  452 Time(s)

Snaps S4.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Snaps S4.tcp
 Filesize:  30.66 KB
 Downloaded:  435 Time(s)

Bit Shape

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now to answer some questions about patch sharing:

I now the patch sharing system is very simple (email one patch at a time, use iTunes to grab groups of patches). I also know that the Load / Save view is fairly primitive. Namely, having one giant Users folder is not necessarily the best way to do things.

My plans are to integrate SoundCloud file sharing similar to the way the Korg iMS-20 app works. You should be able to share patches to SoundCloud and be able to see / browse / download patches all within the app. I'm hoping this will make patch creation and sharing more appealing, since right now there aren't many outlets to do so, and it's difficult to share patch files.

Another area I will address is sharing groups of patches. It bothers me (as I'm sure it bothers you) to have to load in files one at a time on the iPad. So I'll integrate sharing groups of patches to / from within the app.

And finally... the big one... custom patch folders. I'll be reorganizing the Load / Save view to allow for custom user folders. It's going to take a while to get this hammered out, but when I do it should make patch organizing and sharing much more pleasant.
Bit Shape

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also I want to comment on some of your patches, BigaMyst. Some of my favorites: recomendol, ribambelle, two dwarfs, and zonder donger.

Here's a riff on zonder donger:

Zonder Donger Bella.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Zonder Donger Bella.tcp
 Filesize:  34.46 KB
 Downloaded:  491 Time(s)

BigaMyst

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bit Shape wrote:
Now to answer some questions about patch sharing

Good news! Thanks! We will wait!

And to take a good time during the time, I made a new version of you original preset: borg_fm_lfo_161!!! It don't sounds really the same... Very Happy I hope it is also interessting.

Ci-borg MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Ci-borg MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  31.89 KB
 Downloaded:  444 Time(s)

Last edited by BigaMyst on Mon May 28, 2012 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
BigaMyst

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bit Shape wrote:
Here's a riff on zonder donger:

Thanks for you coments and too for the new version of the presets.

Like I wrote some days ago, the success of each synths is the huge number of preset's banks created by the users. Or plugins. The first soft, whose authors understood this principle was Photoshop and Cubase: with the system of plugins, opened to the "second market" to the programmers.
One of the latest was Camel Audio with Alchemy. In the first time several enthousiasts made many free presets, later the editor have integrated their work to the paying banks. And today they edit each two months a new original (not free) bank. And many other little hands add their own products tu sell.
I don't know how to do, but You have to create the movements of the exchanges of the presets. If no, your soft will not reach the success...
I could send them often: I like the sound design and made several banks for several synths. The problem is that i make always the abstract or acousmatic sounds, that people don't like: they need the techno-hip-hop boum boum ready made shit to their boum boum shit... but I hope some other dude will share his own temptations too... if no, this is too demotivating...
BigaMyst

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bit Shape wrote:
I now the patch sharing system is very simple

I use Dropbox, which is very simple too. The only problem that we can upload a new preset to share only by email. If we could upload it directly to the Dropbox it will be much better. If You could make the uploading accessible by Dropbox, il could be very big improve for TC-11. Because for download this works well: we have only use the "Send to..." and we could directly select the TC-11 between different other possibilities (all installed apps dedicaced to file downloading).

Quote:
I'll integrate sharing groups of patches to / from within the app.

Nice... Dropbox is free for some GB for all. I know SoundCloud only for waves, and songs, not for files... but this is not important... SC is cool tool.

[/quote]
BigaMyst

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some new transformations!!!! I made them from Your last presets! Generaly the title is near the original and the numero was incremented... this is the way to understand.

Depressive 163 MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Depressive 163 MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  31.69 KB
 Downloaded:  450 Time(s)

Schnaps 195 MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Schnaps 195 MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  31.85 KB
 Downloaded:  407 Time(s)

Schnaps 196 MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Schnaps 196 MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  31.85 KB
 Downloaded:  408 Time(s)

Schnioups 790 MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Schnioups 790 MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  31.9 KB
 Downloaded:  416 Time(s)

Schnioups 791 MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Schnioups 791 MiN.tcp
 Filesize:  31.9 KB
 Downloaded:  413 Time(s)

BigaMyst

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And to the end, two last...

Kovostyle 01 MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Kovostyle 01 MiN.tcp
 Downloaded:  447 Time(s)

Kovostyle 02 MiN.tcp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Kovostyle 02 MiN.tcp
 Downloaded:  456 Time(s)

Banjo

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BigaMyst, I had a few minutes to download and play a few of you're patches today, and they are good! This app has been on my back burner for the past few months, so I have not really worked with it lately, and it will be a few more weeks until my other projects allow me to. I am looking forward to see what changes and additions we will be made in the near future. Now if time would allow me to figure out how to upload the one patch that I can find that I created, I would post it.
BigaMyst

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banjo wrote:
BigaMyst, I had a few minutes to download and play a few of you're patches today, and they are good!
Now if time would allow me to figure out how to upload the one patch that I can find that I created, I would post it.

Thanks for your feed-back. I'm glad that my presests are useful. For the moment I start my discovery of TC-11, so my presets are simple.

To upload your own presets:
1 - Inside the TC-11 you could use the "Mail Exportation" button. On the page where you are the preset's list. You send it to yourself.
2 - Then You go to your mailing app and then you place the attached file to some known place in you HD. Me, I send them to my Dropbox folder.
3 - You go here and You send a message, then You select the Add an Attachement: then You find the good folder in Your HD.
You can add up to 5 files, If you have more, you have to creat a new message.
This is all!!!!
Page 1 of 2 [29 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc » TC-11
Jump to: