electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Faux Pas Quartet and friends Music From Last Thursday
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Fm synth patch + Max For Live control plugin
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
cooptrol

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Fm synth patch + Max For Live control plugin Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have made an FM synth patch and this M4L plugin to control it. It is a 4 operator FM synth with 8 algorithms, ADSR envelopes, and a resonant filter with AR envelope and overdrive. All knobs on the Modular are mapped to most relevant parameters. You can download this zip with the Nord file, the M4L file and a jpg with the knob mapping. (see link below)

http://www.cooptrol.com/CoopsynthFM.zip

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
teevee

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! I love when people throw out patches for testing Smile I will it a test later today!
The layout looks very similar to Yamaha Fb01, but with a more clear and better sound Wink
cooptrol

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's funny that you say that, cos I own an FB01! Oddly, I was more inspired by the TX81z, which I used to own. I like to hink of this one as a "hibrid" FM/subtractive synth. Ah! I also arranged the modules so that you can easily edit all parameters on the G1 edit mode menus.
teevee

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cooptrol wrote:
It's funny that you say that, cos I own an FB01! Oddly, I was more inspired by the TX81z, which I used to own. I like to hink of this one as a "hibrid" FM/subtractive synth. Ah! I also arranged the modules so that you can easily edit all parameters on the G1 edit mode menus.

The reason I said Yamaha FB01 is because that this unit doesn’t have any effects and very low sound quality I tried downloading a huge pack with sound banks (patches) and I find the sounds very similar Very Happy because of this low quality

Yamaha Tx81z is also a very cool instrument, on vintagesynth.com they write about effects:
* Built-In Pseudo-Effects: Reverb by envelope modulation
* Delay by re-triggering on free voices

But it could be funny to see how close you can get to the original “lately
bass
” which Yamaha tx81z is known for.
http://www.synthmania.com/Yamaha%20TX81Z/Audio/C15%20%20LatelyBass.mp3

or a 8 layers saw detuned and octave bass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsQIENCUKyk&fmt=22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt0Eg1gPyEg

and then you have a bass similar to the hit by Benny Benassi
http://www.synthmania.com/Famous%20Sounds/Benny_Benassi's_sound.mp3

But the idea is good, but I cannot test the control plugin because I don’t have Ableton. I think your idea would be better if you made it as VST so it can be used with nearly all DAWS Wink
cooptrol

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, as I said, I had a TX81z and so I know the factory patches very well. The reason I have a G1 is because classic synth sounds bore me and I try to make "new" stuff on it. I also had a TX802 which as you may know is the rack version of the DX7 II. My G1 patch is closer in sound to this one because the TX802 has very good DA converters. The TX81z has forced 14 bit converters and sounds more gritty and harsh. I love it's sound too.

I don't have a clue how to make a VST. I'm a Max programmer, and not so good. The idea of all this was to be able to automate the synth's parameters on the Ableton timeline.
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Fm synth patch + Max For Live control plugin Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cooptrol wrote:
I have made an FM synth patch and this M4L plugin to control it. It is a 4 operator FM synth with 8 algorithms, ADSR envelopes, and a resonant filter with AR envelope and overdrive. All knobs on the Modular are mapped to most relevant parameters. You can download this zip with the Nord file, the M4L file and a jpg with the knob mapping. (see link below)

http://www.cooptrol.com/CoopsynthFM.zip

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Maybe this should go in the Max & M4L forum..

teevee

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i gave the patch a test and i find it funny, good job Smile
secretkillerofnames

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work!
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: