electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  EdisonRex Edison's Electronic Review
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
CGS Steiner Parker problem: no control over cutoff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
codenamerofl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: CGS Steiner Parker problem: no control over cutoff Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi all,

built a CGS ver 1.3 steiner parker sythacon filter on protoboard. no shorts, no smoke, it's filtering, has good output, resonance changes gain and is working from what i can tell, and the trimmer adjusts the lowest cutoff point.

however, the cutoff pot will not change the cutoff frequency. i am stumped as to why. i have quadruple checked the transistors and they are wired up right. i have tried different pots, and still nothing. the 1uF cap at the junction is correctly orientated.

anyone have a guess as to why the frequency will not change? my brain is fried. been staring at it for 6 hours for two days now.

thanks for any help
prgdeltablues

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you tried disconnecting the cut-off freq pot and the CV mod pot, and apply a few volts directly to the end of the 220k resistor (where the wiper from the pot would have connected)? And check that you have resistance across the span trim pot - if that is shorted, then obviously the base of the first npn would be being held at ground. Always hard to tell without calculating in a complete circuit, but you should have a bit under 1k across that trimmer.

Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: