electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Seiko DS-202 keyboard and DS-320 sequencer questions
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
patrickvf1976

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Seiko DS-202 keyboard and DS-320 sequencer questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is going to be kind of a three part topic, so here goes:

I have a Seiko DS-202 with the DS-310 synth add-on and the DS-320 sequencer. I have no complaints about the synth, but I do need some real good help/advice with the keyboard and sequencer.

1. The Seiko 202 is partially working, but neither the accompaniment nor the tone mix and key split mode work (there's simply no 2nd sound) I'm also dealing with a kind of a dilemma because when I took a good look at the circuit boards, I neglected to take note where they plug into. I figured most of it out by trial and error, but there's a part at the outer right end of the 2nd board that I'm not so sure about.
Can someone help me out with some advice and some hints and tricks to make it work again (and perhaps supply me with a service manual, or a shot of it's guts that shows the wiring)?

2. The 320 sequencer is buggy. I can only record one monophonic line and there is no memory (free notes) assigned to the other lines (or there's a fault in the RAM cartridge?) It simply refuses to record anything in polyphony and anything on the other tracks. Any good advice (and again a service manual) for the sequencer and the cartridge would help enormously (I just don't know where to look for faults)

3. I just received A DS-250 that I bought to see if my problems with the sequencer are related to the half working DS-202 or not. However, when hooked up to the DS-250 it just doesn't work. Either some or all lights turn on or nothing, and it freezes up (no buttons work). Is this a known problem? Could there possibly be a conflict between the sequencer and the 250's MIDI? Or is it just not compatible with the 250? Again, any help and advice (and service manual) would be very helpful.
patrickvf1976

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still waiting for someone to help me out. Come on, there has to be someone who knows something or provide a service manual or something. The DS 202 is now completely dead btw.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Jump to: