electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
<on air> EdisonRex Edison's Electronic Review
  Twyndyllyngs Special Monday edition of Chez Mosc
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Casio HT-700 VCF Settings
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Dudidum

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Casio HT-700 VCF Settings
Subject description: Parameters 12 through 16 don't change anything
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there!

I saw in another topic that some of you possess a HT-700 and perhaps you can help me.
I started to explore this cute little synth a few days ago and wanted to play around with the settings. I'm rather new to the synth world so there is a possibility I overlooked something.

Everything works fine except that the VCF parameters 12 through 16 don't change anything regarding the sound. Since I don't have any experience I can't even tell how the alterations in these settings should affect the sound Sad

How should it sound if I turn the VCF cutoff frequency (parameter 10) to 20 and the VCF attack (parameter 12) to 15?
Would that mean, that the sound comes out full bright (no filter) and dampens over time (from the cutoff freq. value 31 to 20) ?
I'm sorry if that sounds like complete bullsh* but I really don't know what to expect Embarassed

All in all the problem is that the sound does not change whatever settings I use in parameters 12 through 16.

Best regards,
Dud
patrickvf1976

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parameters 12-16 affect the following settings:
12 Attack
13 Decay
14 Sustain
15 Release
16 EG level (how much the envelope affects the filter thus the sound)

Try setting 16 (EG) to maximum (31?), 15 (release) to minimum, 14 (Sustain) to minimum, 13 (Decay) somewhere between 20 and 25, and 12 (Attack) to minimum. Also make sure that the VCF Cutoff is set to minimum or somewhere between 1 and 10, and the VCA Sustain is set to maximum, or alternatively the VCA Decay is set to maximum, to give the VCF EG some time to play out. Press and hold a key and you should hear the EG affect the VCF Cutoff. If not then you might have a problem with the envelope generator circuit.
Dudidum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

patrickvf1976 wrote:
Parameters 12-16 affect the following settings:
12 Attack
13 Decay
14 Sustain
15 Release
16 EG level (how much the envelope affects the filter thus the sound)

Try setting 16 (EG) to maximum (31?), 15 (release) to minimum, 14 (Sustain) to minimum, 13 (Decay) somewhere between 20 and 25, and 12 (Attack) to minimum. Also make sure that the VCF Cutoff is set to minimum or somewhere between 1 and 10, and the VCA Sustain is set to maximum, or alternatively the VCA Decay is set to maximum, to give the VCF EG some time to play out. Press and hold a key and you should hear the EG affect the VCF Cutoff. If not then you might have a problem with the envelope generator circuit.

Sorry for the late reply!

Thank you very much for your help!
It seems that everything is in order, because it sounds like you described and for the first time I could change the sound in a wider range.
But I must say that the settings sometimes behave rather exponentially^^.
I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Just messing around without any knowledge led me to thinking that something was wrong with the hardware.
I will now study the basics Wink.

For me, this thread is closed Smile

Regards,
Dud
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Jump to: