electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
September Equinox 2016 live streaming concert.
Page 1 of 2 [48 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:50 am    Post subject:  September Equinox 2016 live streaming concert.
Subject description: signup is closed
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Time for another September Equinox event dwarf party!

The event will be on electro-music radio on Saturday Sep 24 2016.
It will probably start at 15:00 GMT and end at 00:00 GMT but we can extend the timing
if there are enough people signing up.

Stream ops please respond if you able to help switch and what time range you are available.
No really, it would be nice to have some more people to help with switching duties.

As always, if you are interested in performing, please copy/paste this Sign-Up template and post in this thread:

1. Preferred Start Time (Please use GMT/Military Time):
2. Set Length (30 or 60 minutes):
3. Artist Name (For displaying on the poster):
4. Chat Name (if different from artist/forum name):
5. Location (City/State/Country - Optional):
6. Description (Style/Genre/Equipment, etc. - Optional):
7. Website Address:
8. Anything else you like to mention:

For reference, this clock could be useful:

First Time Streamers Please Read:

Please review the Electro Music Copyright Policy

Please note: "Preferred Start Time". We will do the best that we can to accommodate people to their requested times. However, please be flexible because this event will have European and American musicians in many different time zones. Time slots will be on a semi-"first come-first served" basis. Furthermore, please post your time in GMT. The handy clock should make it simple. However, we do use military/24 hour time. It will undoubtedly be an international event and GMT is the only way to coordinate such events.

As in the past, the chat room will serve as an invaluable communication tool for set up, streaming, and connecting to those listening....and it's just a lot of silly fun! I suggest participants get familiar with it in advance, if you aren't already.

If you want a recording of your set, it would be prudent to record your own set, rather than depend on others. Accidents and mistakes happen...especially in this format. There are many ways to record your set, either thru the stream app or record your stream from your mixer on the signal path to the computer.

Performers MUST stream at 128 kbps, 44.1 kHz , stereo.
more info about broadcasting on radio.electro-music.com can be found here.

It is IMPERATIVE that everyone test their connections before we start streaming. At least 24 hours before but sooner is preferred. Sorry, but we can not guarantee that musicians will be allowed to stream if you do not test 24 hours before hand. Not only does it delay the schedule, but causes unneeded stress on performer, server operator, and audience during performance time. Join the chat room for testing and help setting up.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by PHOBoS on Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 275
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm obviously too busy, as I'm going to miss yet another one of these due to having a gig IRL Sad
Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Preferred Start Time (Please use GMT/Military Time): Early-ish / any time 15:00 > 19:00.
2. Set Length (30 or 60 minutes): 30 mins.
3. Artist Name (For displaying on the poster): Epicyclus.
4. Chat Name (if different from artist/forum name): skrog productions.
5. Location (City/State/Country - Optional): Southern Scotland, UK.
6. Description (Style/Genre/Equipment, etc. - Optional): D.I.Y. synths & sequencers.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Preferred Start Time (Please use GMT/Military Time): Around 22.00
2. Set Length (30 or 60 minutes): 60 minutes
3. Artist Name (For displaying on the poster): Antimon
4. Chat Name (if different from artist/forum name): Antimon
5. Location (City/State/Country - Optional): Malmö
6. Description (Style/Genre/Equipment, etc. - Optional): Delady Magnet
7. Website Address: http://electro-music.com/forum/forum-208.html
8. Anything else you like to mention: There's only two songs in me, and I just wrote the third

Antimon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And if we end up being more than three performers, I can volunteer to learn how to streamop if needed.
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
And if we end up being more than three performers, I can volunteer to learn how to streamop if needed.

if ?! Shocked
your help would be much appreciated!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Antimon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok I'd like to volunteer for streamopping then. Smile
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll do something .. yeah I'll stream something .. when is it? Ah sep 24, that'll work!

1. Preferred Start Time (Please use GMT/Military Time): not really - not silly late please.

2. Set Length (30 or 60 minutes): 30 or 60, ok.

3. Artist Name (For displaying on the poster): Blue hell.

4. Chat Name (if different from artist/forum name): Jan.

5. Location (City/State/Country - Optional): some street in Enschede, the Netherlands.

6. Description (Style/Genre/Equipment, etc. - Optional): Organized noodle, prolly, but I need to think.

7. Website Address: http://bluehell.electro-music.com/

8. Anything else you like to mention: thanks, but nope.

klangumsetzer

Audio files: 32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

count me in! Very Happy

1. Preferred Start Time (Please use GMT/Military Time): 19:00-20:00
2. Set Length (30 or 60 minutes): 30 min
3. Artist Name (For displaying on the poster): klangumsetzer (<- small k)
4. Chat Name (if different from artist/forum name):
5. Location (City/State/Country - Optional): Uddevalla, Sweden
6. Description (Style/Genre/Equipment, etc. - Optional): music from the threshold
7. Website Address:
8. Anything else you like to mention: we are electro-music.com!

Eike
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[removed for personal reasons]
Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acoustic Interloper

Audio files: 89

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All right, I'm in.

1. Preferred Start Time (Please use GMT/Military Time): Roughly, before or after Chez Mosc, as it fits. Stefan gets dibs on 22:00.
2. Set Length (30 or 60 minutes): 30 for now.
3. Artist Name (For displaying on the poster): Acoustic Interloper(s)
4. Chat Name (if different from artist/forum name): Acoustic Interloper
5. Location (City/State/Country - Optional): The Old Forest / Barrow Down boundary region, i.e., location of Tom Bombadil
6. Description (Style/Genre/Equipment, etc. - Optional): The Ginger Beer Session
7. Website Address: http://faculty.kutztown.edu/parson/music
8. Anything else you like to mention: See below.

My son Jeremy and I are going to open our first batch of home recipe, home brewed ginger beer this Saturday. Musically, we run in parallel tracks rather than converging ones. We did play the NYE 2007-08 webcast together (Chess-Generates-Music), and he helped me to premier the first electro-music zero input mixer collaboration with State Machine & John Driscoll in 2012.

Jeremy has agreed to jam with me this Saturday and we will record the result and edit it down to at least 30 minutes this coming Saturday the 17th. I will stream that the 24th. It could go to 60 minutes. He plays killer FX-box-laden electric guitar in our basement every week or two. I plan to set up all 3 ZIMs in the basement on Friday, and I was working out a new swamp-timbre delay set of patches on the electronic banjo last night. I can't get him on the 24th, but I can get him this Saturday, and so there it is. He actually initiated my work in the planetarium as my university student. The Ginger Beer Session! Let's assume 30 minutes, and if it could go to 60, I'll ask.

Acoustic Interloper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jeremy Parson and I improvised for about 42 minutes yesterday. I have cut out the first 12 minutes, which were mostly warmup / fishing around, adjusted levels, and it's in the can, all improvised music for a 30 minute equinox set. Cool

Jeremy played and Aria Thor Sound 400 electric guitar with a bunch of FX kick boxes bolted to a board, and I played my 3 zero-input mixers with no software processing. We used an assortment of 4 microphones, 3 at the amplifiers and one across the room, to record the session at a sampling rate of 48k. Photos below by Linda Parson.

Lots of evening meetings this week, very busy. Thanks to Jan, Dr. Steve and PHOBoS for the Chat and port check today. Port 8088 is tested and ready to go! Very Happy

Photos of The Ginger Beer Session below by Linda Parson, 17 September 2016. We opened our first batch of home-brew ginger beer, and it really turned out well. Smile Not sweet, good alcohol content, and the ginger taste is not overpowering. Nice, clear, and bubbly. Excellent inspiration for improvising music.

DSC_0001.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.99 MB
 Viewed:  1064 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.51 MB
 Viewed:  1026 Time(s)

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.49 MB
 Viewed:  1019 Time(s)

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.58 MB
 Viewed:  1011 Time(s)

DSC_0007.JPG

Acoustic Interloper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More pics from The Ginger Beer Session.

DSC_0008.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.59 MB
 Viewed:  948 Time(s)

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.54 MB
 Viewed:  949 Time(s)

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.25 MB
 Viewed:  886 Time(s)

DSC_0012.JPG

SteelCityB2005.jpg
 Description:
Here is a photo of Jeremy and me finishing an open mic in Phoenixville, PA in 2005, he on electric bass, me on 5-string banjo. That set went extremely well. :-)
 Filesize:  3.64 MB
 Viewed:  854 Time(s)

SteelCityB2005.jpg

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Dale, great stuff and love the pictures ! Can't wait to hear this. ZIM rig is growing I see professor Very Happy Mine now has 2 mixers and the usual Quad FX and added a V-Verb from Behringer which has nice delay and reverb FX.

Bill
Acoustic Interloper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:
Hey Dale, great stuff and love the pictures ! Can't wait to hear this. ZIM rig is growing I see professor Very Happy Mine now has 2 mixers and the usual Quad FX and added a V-Verb from Behringer which has nice delay and reverb FX.

Bill

Thanks, Bill! Very Happy Yes, Jeremy located and Linda bought me the red Galaxy Audio AXS-10 for last Christmas. It has a more reedy sound than the Yamaha, second stereo bus, per-input compressors, and 3 Band EQ with Sweep Mids on Each Channel. The Sweep Mids is new for me, and is great for ZIM, because it allows you to change pitch more gradually without affecting feedback levels. It is perfect for ZIM.

I get periodic discount emails at Musician's Enemy. Have one this week, am thinking hard about adding the Allen & Heath ZED-12FX, which is the one I was thinking about before last Christmas. Each one of the current 3 has a very distinct sound color when playing feedback. I have until the weekend to decide.

I'll keep you posted about the next Kutztown planetarium event, which is likely to happen summer 2018, and will include ZIM work. Also, in a couple years I hope to do a distributed ZIM jam via Ninjam for one of our planetarium events. Keep your eyes on the forum! Shocked

Nice hearing from you, Bill.

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll update the schedule tomorrow with the current signup (looks like it is going to be a small event but maybe we could do a jam)
and I'll try to make a banner/poster too, but if anyone else wants to do this, go ahead.

Agnes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject:  LIVE STREAMING ANNOUNCEMENT
Subject description: complaint/whine/nag
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mad I'd like to suggest that any live streaming event or concert, or musical event be "advertised" or announced on both the Front Page and on the Streaming Radio page. That way newbies will see it at first glance. Just because us oldies know when to expect one, and where to look for the info, doesn't mean that a newbie would. Smile
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's actually what the banner and the poster are for. The banner will appear at the top of each page and the poster
on the radiopage and/or frontpage. I was planning on doing it earlier but didn't get to it and didn't have any time today.

EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did post this event on the Facebook page for radio.electro-music.com.

That gets a lot of views.

Home,My Studio,and another view
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Paul Very Happy
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: September Equinox 2016 banner Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

banner:

EM_SE_2016_banner.jpg
 Description:
electro-music September Equinox 2016 banner
 Filesize:  83.63 KB
 Viewed:  848 Time(s)

EM_SE_2016_banner.jpg

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: September Equinox 2016 poster Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

poster with current schedule:

EM_SE_2016_poster.jpg
 Description:
electro-music September Equinox 2016 poster
 Filesize:  194.13 KB
 Viewed:  863 Time(s)

EM_SE_2016_poster.jpg

Last edited by PHOBoS on Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice poster! I am hoping the fall hippie motif will inspire my inner flower child! Smile
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice poster banner :)
Acoustic Interloper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, very nice! Will repost on FB and my office doorway. Cool
Page 1 of 2 [48 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: