electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
ISO74
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
isopropanol

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: ISO74 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all guys...yesterday i was digging in my old audio material and I found a drum programmed base that i liked and yesterday i began to work on it to refresh it with new sounds and tunes...i work it all day long till 3 a.m. Very Happy and today i exported it to let you listen to it and to obtain some feedback about it..any comments, suggestions (negative too! Very Happy ) are welcome! Thanks a lot to this community.... Very Happy

bitumine01_tracked.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  bitumine01_tracked.mp3
 Filesize:  5.25 MB
 Downloaded:  1936 Time(s)

seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi isopropanol (C3H8O)
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
I listened to your "piece". how would you describe it Question

Quote:
The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not mov'd with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils; the motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Erebus: Let no such man be trusted. - W. Shakespeare
isopropanol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi seraph..what do you mean for describing it?
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

isopropanol wrote:
hi seraph..what do you mean for describing it?

is it in a particular style Question does the style have a name Question does the song need to be in a particular style to enjoy it Question is it simply organized noise Question
It sounds interesting as long as it does not last for too long Wink

Quote:
The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not mov'd with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils; the motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Erebus: Let no such man be trusted. - W. Shakespeare
isopropanol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi seraph...i dont know if it can be categorized under any existing music style, if yes..i dont know which one! Smile I like atmospheric IDM, and glitch music style..but i dont know if this track can be called IDM or glitch..its just sounds and notes that organized together make me feel nice...when i sequenced the track i havent any particular style in mind...yes i agree... it could last for more time..but this is not the final editing Smile With your comments and suggestion i will improve it....
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 144
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the way it starts off, distant and mysterious. The percussion throws me off - it breaks the imagry. Seems like two or three pieces mixed together. Just my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
isopropanol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
The percussion throws me off - it breaks the imagry.

Hi Mosc..yes I like mysterious atmospheres too..Smile Sorry but i didnt get the meaning of what you said...its not your fault..english is not my primary language Smile By the way..its a positive or negative feedback? thanks a lot anyway

PS: its just one percussions line..but very weird and distorted Smile

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 144
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't worry about my critisizm. You speak much better English than I speak Italian. Laughing

I am positive about your piece. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jkn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're off to a great start with this. It feels a bit 'not together' yet which is the same thing I think mosc was hearing - it seems to be several ideas that are separate that could be together - but aren't quite melded into each other yet.

I like the atmospherics in the background - I like the drums. I think the drums might be too far up in the mix - they stand out more than I'd like. The piano feels a bit stiff to me in places - and that might be what you're going for which is pefectly fine (it's your piece after all!).

I'd play with the levels of the different parts a bit more if it were my track.

I've heard a lot of music similar to this sound - you're bringing in some interesting elements of your own.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like this. However the glitchy perc stuff kinda stops working for me after a while. But the start is great. Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
isopropanol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Don't worry about my critisizm. You speak much better English than I speak Italian. Laughing

I am positive about your piece. Smile

Hi mosc...you dont need italian to speak with people around the world, but you need english to do it..thanks for your positive feedback...Smile

jkn wrote:
It feels a bit 'not together' yet

yes thats what i think of it and other tracks i created. I dont know how to mold well all the components of the track..when you say

jkn wrote:
I think the drums might be too far up in the mix - they stand out more than I'd like.

Do you mean the drums transposition or the levels?

jkn wrote:
The piano feels a bit stiff to me in places - and that might be what you're going for which is pefectly fine

Me too..but like said before i cant play a keyboard so i have not an idea about how to compose a piano tune well. And by the way I'd like it to be more "dynamic" and "structured" but thats not what I had in mind when i composed it Smile
Can you suggest me which parts of the track you would level better? Can you give some examples basing on the track you listened to? Smile

elektro80 wrote:
However the glitchy perc stuff kinda stops working for me after a while.

Yes i agree..too much repetitive..isnt it? You suggest to articulate better the percussions? Thanks a lot all of you guys for the great feedback Smile

Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: