electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Can THIS be done with g2 sequencers?
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Project

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Can THIS be done with g2 sequencers? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all, I'm wondering if something like what we can see in this video can be done with g2 sequencers.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gNmzyZaqVwI
I'm talking about step skipping, manually alternating between 1 or 2 sequencers, and so on (I'm not sure about how everything that's in the video has been done)
Any help would be really appreciated..

Project
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some was already possible on the Classic, so I assume it can be done in the G2.
Take a look at
http://nm-archives.electro-music.com/010_NordModular/014_Interesting_Threads/Folder/MoogSequencerEmulation/MoogSequencer.htm

Wout
Project

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks a lot for your reply Wout, very interesting link, but I'm wondering how to do step skipping. The synthesizers.com sequencer, with the 2 accompanying modules featured in the video, is more advanced than the original Moog 960

regards

Project
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-33604.html has a skipping sequencer. There are quite a few different approaches on sequencers in the patch archive, including ones that can run forward and backward.

Using http://electro-music.com/g2patches.php and your browser's search function would probably be the easiest way to find 'm.

dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the g2 voltage sequencer and some lfo's can do this an so much more. Also you can stack multiple sequencers so their levels add up to produce this kind of stuff.

I'm quite into the subject of sequencers.
/dasz
Project

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for your reply Dasz and BH.
One thing that does not seem possible with the G2 is having a button for forcing a step to became the current step. I.e. in the 960 every step has a button and if you press it this step became the next one in the sequence. Any hints for realizing this on the g2?

TIA

Project
dasz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

again, the voltage sequencer can do this. You can set up 16 momentary toggle buttons which go int a mixer which then is connected to the ctrl input of the voltage sequencer.

each button is a gate for a specific cv level (0, 4,8, ...64) pressing that button will pass the specific control signal, which will jump the sequencer to that step.

/Dasz
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Project wrote:
Any hints for realizing this on the g2?

Here is one option.

Uses SeqCtl and a S+H based staircase generator. Pressing one of the step buttons forces a jump to that step. Step zero is a special case.

Cheers

Jump2step.pch2
 Description:
Example jump to step

Download
 Filename:  Jump2step.pch2
 Filesize:  1.84 KB
 Downloaded:  1541 Time(s)

Project

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks G2ian, that was exactly what I was searching for regarding manual step selection, but there's still one big problem, that the step selection is completely manual, i.e., is not in time with the clock. What I have in mind is that when you press a step button, that step becames the next one in the sequence, not instantly but at the next clock signal. What I want to achieve is a performing situation where I can choose the next step number when the sequence is running. I tried to solve this thing in your patch before posting again, but today, when I've finally found the time to do it, I must admit that I failed.... so, again any help will be really appreciated...

Project
ian-s

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Project wrote:
still one big problem, that the step selection is completely manual, i.e., is not in time with the clock. What I have in mind is that when you press a step button, that step becames the next one in the sequence, not instantly but at the next clock signal.

lol, that's actually what my first version did, I had to add another OR gate to make it asynchronous.

What would you like it to do if you hold a step select button? This version changes to the selected step on the next clock and repeats that step as long as the button is held.

It a pity that the G2 surface does not allow the knob/button/led to be assigned to different modules.

Jump2step2.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Jump2step2.pch2
 Filesize:  2.01 KB
 Downloaded:  1536 Time(s)

Last edited by ian-s on Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
dasz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
It a pity that the G2 surface does not allow the knob/button/led to be assigned to different modules.

This can be done. This way my 1st post on e-m (indirectly).

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-7050-0.html&postdays=0&postorder=asc&

/Dasz
Project

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G2ian, thanks a lot, you're the man!!!, this what exactly what I was trying to achieve regarding manual step selection, and the step repeat is an added bonus! I've noticed that if I sync the sequencer with MIDI clock, it stop a few step after the master, and is not possible to have the sequence start from step 1 when the master is started (I know I should use the clock active output of the master clock, but I don't know where to connect it)

thanks again

Project
ian-s

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Project wrote:
I've noticed that if I sync the sequencer with MIDI clock, it stop a few step after the master, and is not possible to have the sequence start from step 1 when the master is started (I know I should use the clock active output of the master clock, but I don't know where to connect it)

I am not sure about the late stopping but here is a version that resets to step 1 on the clock active signal. It does not work without the logic delay due to racing (S&H triggers before ValSwitch changes state).

Thanks for the tip Dasz, I think I could use that idea to get 8 knobs for pitch and 8 buttons for step jump. Still would be nice to have the spare LED run through the sequence though.

jump2step3.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  jump2step3.pch2
 Filesize:  2.14 KB
 Downloaded:  1609 Time(s)

Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: