electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
critique my demo! DEAR GOD HELP ME!
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
astroid power-up!

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: critique my demo! DEAR GOD HELP ME! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the second mix of my commercial demo. five minutes long. function: to get work in commercials, and with singers. criticism desired.

http://www.fatmember.com:80/music/download.php?band_id=68&song_id=348&mode=song_hifi
http://www.fatmember.com:80/music/play.php?band_id=68&song_id=348&mode=song_hifi

"you're in the clear"
"all over you" feat. Dionna Nichelle
"me duelen las celulas"
"open road"
"perpetual war"
"dream you" feat. sara melson
"open your eyes" feat. keaton simons
"venetian"
"makin' babies" feat. ariel westberg
"sex"

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds great. Demonstrates versatility. The first tune should be a vocal, and compared to the rest, I think it is too long.

I know you asked God to help, but I thought I'd chime in because She might be busy. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
astroid power-up!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks, mosc. now, my reasoning for not putting a singer first is because, if i'm wooing a singer, i can tell them that they should listen "past" the first thing. For commercial houses, I really wanted to get that song first, and the latin-y thing soon after, because they are "meant" for tv, and you have them or lose them in the first two minutes. that's why it starts with a "soap opera" and then goes "urban"(i thought i'd surely shoot myself before i ever used that word in that context-lol), and then goes "latin"

and- i read that i should vary the length... to show that i could develop things. did that piece lose you?

thanks again for the criticism

paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i agree with Mosc

the first track seems out of place and does not compell me as much as the others

good recordings and mixes tho...

and demonstrates good skill in all the related categories

extra points for mixing drum and bass beats with vocals Smile

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

astroid power-up! wrote:
did that piece lose you?

Now, but after a while it didn't show me anything new, or very little. If I was busy, it may have caused me to stop the playback and think I understand what this guy can do. I'd put short stuff first so the listener immediately sees that the demo has a lot of variety.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
astroid power-up!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

point taken.

i need to round this out, anyway, with some stuff with less vocals, so i'll have to re-tool it again. thank you

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This sounds very good. I have now idea how such a demo should sound like, but this sounds good to me. Did you write all the music yourself?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
astroid power-up!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
This sounds very good. I have now idea how such a demo should sound like, but this sounds good to me. Did you write all the music yourself?

i have 100 percent of some things, 50 percent of others, 33 percent of a couple, and 16 percent of one.

Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: