electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Soft synths
Fun toy modular: Analog Box2
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
us

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Fun toy modular: Analog Box2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Might interest you d.i.y,ers, and its free now

"Analog Box is a low level, circuit based, modular software synthesizer that can also host VST plug-ins. You put sound objects on the screen, connect them together, listen and adjust. When you find something you like, you can record it to a wav file, or just save the circuit and play it again later."

http://www.andyware.com/abox2/

Great site by the way, like the spellcheck function.
Gothboy

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Most interesting! I'll try it on my Pentium 4, although it's really too bad there's no Mac version. Crying or Very sad That always seems to be the case though. Can you MIDI sync it too another app?
Novation SL49/Remote Zero
Mophox4, Nord Lead 2, Roland System 1, Novation Nova, Nord Micro modular, Korg Radias, Roland d-05, Yamaha A3000 sampler, Novation SL MK2 and Remote Zero controllers, Arturia Beatstep and SparkLE

"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Dymaxion Vehicle Music at www.dymaxionvehicle.com/
us

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can connect it to a sequenser midi out/midi in via midi yoke
or a midi out port.

It´s realy cpu friendly even with a large number of osc´s.
opg

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found this open-source app that I thought was fantastic:

http://www.syntiac.com/synfactory.html

Here's a screenshot from their site:

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

bigtex

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree that SynFactory is great. I've been using it for years. It ran very well on slow computers back when the likes of Reaktor and Reason needed super high-end machines. The new StudioFactory (from the same page) is a step towards adding more features to SynFactory, which was already amazingly good on it's own. My only beef with it is that you can't manually enter in values for the virtual knobs.
opg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bigtex wrote:
My only beef with it is that you can't manually enter in values for the virtual knobs.

I hear that! You'd think that would be an easy fix. It bugs the hell out of me! Evil or Very Mad

Pehr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

opg wrote:
I found this open-source app that I thought was fantastic

Yes, that one is nice Cool

I prefer DIY-hardware though Rolling Eyes

http://www.garageband.com/artist/loxodrom
http://soundcloud.com/loxodrom
pwsoft

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
My only beef with it is that you can't manually enter in values for the virtual knobs.

Quote:
I hear that! You'd think that would be an easy fix. It bugs the hell out of me! Evil or Very Mad

Actually in StudioFactory you can enter values directly. Hover your mouse over any knob and press backspace a few times until it reads zero (0). Then type in you number. '-' key adds a minus sign before the number.

This feature will not be added to SynFactory. It will take me too much time to dive into the source again after all this time.
opg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pwsoft wrote:

Actually in StudioFactory you can enter values directly. Hover your mouse over any knob and press backspace a few times until it reads zero (0). Then type in you number. '-' key adds a minus sign before the number.

This feature will not be added to SynFactory. It will take me too much time to dive into the source again after all this time.

I've only been using SynFactory and haven't tried StudioFactory. It's all great work! Thanks!

Pehr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm trying to play StudioFactory with an external hardware midi-sequencer, but I can't get it to work. I don't get any midi signals to the midi monitor in SF, although my midimate clearly shows lots of midi going to my computer.

I have changed the midi channel and choose midi input device. Does anyone know if there is any other settings in the global and patch settings I have to change?

http://www.garageband.com/artist/loxodrom
http://soundcloud.com/loxodrom
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pwsoft

welcome peter

Great to have you here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
pwsoft

welcome peter

Great to have you here.

WOAH! we missed that one Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Great software peter Very Happy

gives me something to get distracted with. Always a positive in my book Laughing Cool

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
destroyifyer

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I experiened a horrible latency with my MIDI keys when I fired up ABOX for the first time yesterday. I know it's a little soon to be Dr. Questions with this one...but it was a RANCID delay...

Anyone experience this problem as well?

Destroyifyer

p.s. thanks
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Soft synths
Jump to: