electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
THD107 Quadrature Function Generator PCB's/Randaleem
Page 2 of 2 [41 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
numbernone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me too... boards arrived today with loads of extra bits.

Cheers to Randal!

BRING ON THE VCAs...I NEED THEM REAL BAD
numbernone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, are there build docs anyplace?? I can figure it all from the schem on Scott's page, but...IM LAZY!!!

These are real nice boards, and small just how I like em. Glad this has worked out nice for everybody in the end.

OH YEH, anybody know a part number for connectors that hook up up to the black and gold headers in the parts kit?? Im just beginning to see the light on not hardwiring my panel controls, and am still much in the dark on the subject.
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Also, are there build docs anyplace?? I can figure it all from the schem on Scott's page, but...IM LAZY!!!

Sure, the OLD thread, page 5 has all the build documentation and BOM.

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-19225-120.html

Bill

Last edited by State Machine on Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
bugfight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello all, first post, been lurking around for a while. really digging the forum.

just wanted to say i ordered 2 of these pcbs and recieved them quickly with no trouble. they look great and i found randal to be very helpful. onward and upward...
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
RMA flux? What's that?
I usually go back over the topside and touch up if I find poor topside flow on an otherwise good joint. Is this bad practice?

RMA Flux is a mildly reactive flux for PCB soldering work. It is not very corrosive which is a good thing.

It's not poor practice to touch up your topside solder but if you are not getting solder on the top side and your always finding yourself touching things up then you can do a couple of things:

1) Keep your tip clean by swabbing it on the wet sponge frequently.
2) Use some flux on the pad.
3) Keep your iron at about 400 C

Bill
seaweedfactory

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by seaweedfactory on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
danielwarner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More positive feedback:
The board is excellent quality and all of the components are there as described. I am happy with my purchase and will be ordering from Randall/GeoM in the future. Smile
ericcoleridge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is someone offering these Quad Function Generator boards still?

I'm probably too late, but I'd really like to get one.
RF

Audio files: 28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

<SNIP>The best way to contact me with any questions, comments, concerns or to place an order is to use my regular email: randaleem at yahoo dot com </SNIP>

Last I heard there were still boards available.

bruce
BananaPlug

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FYI, got a couple of these boards from Randaleem recently. Presumably he has more.
softfin

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I finally received my board today!

Kind of disappointing really that the board was sent as late as 8.1.2008, because I believed it was already sent on early december...

But the board looks just perfect, it seems really slick. And I was happy to notice that along with board came some freebie parts: caps, diodes, sockets and a jrc13600.

Thank you.
Funky40

G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

got the Boards today too.

they are looking great, and the drawing is tought out well.
= 2 choices for Trimers and Board mounted Pots.

thanks
tomcat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damned, even Funky got it. A few mountains more and hopefully mine will arive too Wink
kerryh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: QFG pcb's
Subject description: anyone else NOT had theirs yet? I can't get Randaleem to reply to my emails.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just wondered if anyone else is still waiting for their QFG pcb's to arrive. I paid for them last August along with his future PWM and VCA pcbs ($116 in all) and last had an email from him 2 months ago that the boards were going to be shipped "immediately". Since then I have sent him 6 more emails to which I have never had a reply. Has anyone heard of any news from him or has he vanished.
Thanks
numbernone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeh Randal owes me some VCA boards as well. The only email he responded to was when I asked for a refund! He promised the boards were only a few days off, this was quite some time ago.

I think I wll take the refund soon as I have made a 4x VCA layout from the 21st century schematic,and I can get a TON of them for the money I sent Randal for 3.

Sad cuz he was an insightful and knowledgeable member here. He definitely should have had somebody else handle the business side of this.

Anyone ever get a Fatar keyboard from him??? He was suppossed to be getting like 1000 of them for some "PRODUCT"
clickmrmike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

numbernone wrote:

Sad cuz he was an insightful and knowledgeable member here. He definitely should have had somebody else handle the business side of this.

Anyone ever get a Fatar keyboard from him??? He was suppossed to be getting like 1000 of them for some "PRODUCT"

Agreed; I found him very helpful, and recvd everything I paid for. He even showed me photos/mockups of his commercial prototypes, which looked pretty interesting

I asked him to include me with the Fatar buy even if he did not offer it as a group buy. I do not know if he ever bought any.

Unfortunately, he seems to have disappeared right before NAMM, and does not respond to email.

Too bad about the VCAs and other planned PCBs, they looked interesting. I still wouldn't mind a raw Fatar...

clickmrmike
Page 2 of 2 [41 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Jump to: