electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » The layout factory
The Liquid Hihat - NEW VIDEO-Dec.1508
Page 5 of 5 [116 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Dragon's Lair

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry guys, there will not be a production run of boards, the numbers where just not there.
Dego

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dragon's Lair wrote:
Sorry guys, there will not be a production run of boards, the numbers where just not there.

Thats a shame Sad
bugfight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what numbers?
ach_gott

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder how many people knew that there was a call for pre-orders out there... it's in the Layout forum with a title that indicates that we're discussing a video.

Agreed, it's a shame. Sad
julianw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ach_gott wrote:
I wonder how many people knew that there was a call for pre-orders out there... it's in the Layout forum with a title that indicates that we're discussing a video.

Agreed, it's a shame. Sad

It seems not many people knew there was a groupbuy happening,

Can I link this thread in the main forum?

Last time I checked David had around 250 pre-orders for the SDS3 PCB run, If this was in the main forum, with an appropriate title at least a few more people would be interested.....just as a tunable noise source this is a really great module
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

julianw wrote:
Can I link this thread in the main forum?

sure ... would be best now I guess to start a new thread on it with an accurate title ... that is ... if anyone still feels like to make it happen ... maybe, in retrospect, it would have been better to split this thread somewhere ... please don't hesitate to call on to a moderator when you feel a thread should be split.

loss1234

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

booo
loss1234

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i would love to know if

there is a final updated schematic, and if the pcb artwork is going to made available, or

and if anyone ever did a press n peel layout

it is a real shame that test boards were made and then canceled

this was never advertised on the SDIY list or on the main page...i dont think enough people knew that buy requests were happening

considering how many other boards get purchased on here...i would imagine if this had been promote properly plenty of people would have bought them.

very sad ;(

Rykhaard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There had been a fair bit of discussion amongst a few of us as to features and lack thereof for the Liquid HiHat. (I've recently modified it slightly as the Liquid Voice, for my Lunetta machine.)
I may eventually be doing a Press N Peel layout for it. If I do, that will be for V2.00 of it with additional functions. (That though is currently on my 'back burner'.) When I do, I'll be posting it publicly on my BB as well as here. Smile
HexInverter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EDIT: I just realized this thread is over a year old. LOL. oops.

Reading through this thread, I can't help but wonder if I could be of help:

And maybe you can help me a bit. I'm multi-talented, but also happen to be a broke student who's having trouble finding a suitable part time job.

One of my many talents is designing and making pretty darn good home made PCB's.

If I were supplied with a committed, final schematic, I can do a (mostly) single sided layout, and could also do a small (5-10) board run for people wanting these boards. They would be home etched PCB's, but higher quality than most are used to (no silkscreen though...only what I can fit on the copper layer for labeling) The only top layer stuff would be 2 dimensional jumpers which are basically as easy as resistors to install (no ridiculous long wires and stuff all over - arranged in a manner that they're easy to tell where they go without the silk screen)

If there is interest in this, let me know! If not, that's cool beans too! I just figured I would offer Smile

Here are some examples of my PCB's. Note that in two of the pictures, there are some of Ray Wilson's board designs being made. They are quite different than mine Smile I believe I can go much thinner (~40-50% more) with the traces before they get unreliable, I just haven't yet had the need to:

light2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.17 MB
 Viewed:  308 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

light2.jpg

12.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  248.85 KB
 Viewed:  333 Time(s)

12.JPG

13.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  248.6 KB
 Viewed:  438 Time(s)

13.JPG

12.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  412.98 KB
 Viewed:  331 Time(s)

12.jpg

14.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  300.1 KB
 Viewed:  350 Time(s)

14.jpg

Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work on the pcb's!
I would be interested in a pcb within a reasonable price range.
I would definitely buy fro Ryk if he were to stert it up again, or from the homebrew route if he were to approve.
HexInverter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Danno Gee Ray wrote:
Nice work on the pcb's!
I would be interested in a pcb within a reasonable price range.
I would definitely buy fro Ryk if he were to stert it up again, or from the homebrew route if he were to approve.

Rest assured nothing would be done without Ryk's endorsement of the project... Smile

And they wouldn't be too horrendously expensive of course. I will talk to Ryk and see if he'd be okay with me doing a small batch of PCB's for the LHH on my own time.
HexInverter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, I've spoken to Richard and I have his permission. I will start working on converting the schematic and let you know how it goes.

I will start a new thread for this with a proper name/etc once the time comes!

Anyone that stumbles upon this and thinks they might still be interested, just drop me a response here or a PM so I can get a rough figure of how many I should aim to make Smile

Cheers!
julianw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll buy a PCB. possibly two

You should consider putting this new thread on the main forum, posting on this thread wont give you an accurate representation of interest since the titile of this thread is about a video which most people have seen already.

Few apart from us who posted in the thread originally (on topic reply notification) will know a PCB group buy is being organised.

Thanks for looking at doing this project.
HexInverter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

julianw wrote:
I'll buy a PCB. possibly two

You should consider putting this new thread on the main forum, posting on this thread wont give you an accurate representation of interest since the titile of this thread is about a video which most people have seen already.

Few apart from us who posted in the thread originally (on topic reply notification) will know a PCB group buy is being organised.

Thanks for looking at doing this project.

Thanks for the response!

And thanks for the suggestion. I am planning to do exactly that. I would just rather wait to "spill the beans" until everything is ready (or closer)! Very Happy

As an update: I am starting work converting the schematic to the CAD program I use. The plus is that there is no waiting for the long turn around time from the board house. Once it's designed, I'M doing it all, so prototyping will go VERY quickly Smile

Cheers!
HexInverter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update:

Schematic is in the final stages of completion!

I have started a new thread on the subject here:

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-46097.html
Page 5 of 5 [116 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » The layout factory
Jump to: