electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals » electro-music 2005
Help! whats the best date?
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 166
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Help! whats the best date? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We are working with the Cheltenham Arts Center to nail down the date for the electro-music 2005 conference. We are considering the Memorial Day weekend, May 28 thru 30. This is a national holiday in the USA and people here usually get Monday off from work and school. We thought that would be a good choice. People often tie in the Memorial Day weekends with a more extended vacation.

Does this seem like good date to you? Do you have any better suggestions for May or June? Are there any dates that are particularly bad?

If we would have a regular non-holiday weekend, we'd probably go with Friday thru Sunday.

If you have any input, please let us know as soon as possible.

thanks

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
zynthetix

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 13

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It works for me, I like the holiday date...but then again, I never had any ritual family get-togethers on this holiday. I don't know how it is for other people in the States....Any board members in the US, please respond to this, I think a consensus needs to be developed by us ASAP.
gsga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zynthetix wrote:
It works for me, I like the holiday date...but then again, I never had any ritual family get-togethers on this holiday. I don't know how it is for other people in the States....Any board members in the US, please respond to this, I think a consensus needs to be developed by us ASAP.

I'm conflicted. I like Howard's notion that people will be off, and my family never had solid plans for that weekend... but I'm wondering if the average music goer in this area will be willing to do something nontraditional for this weekend.

Personally, it works for me.

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I won´t know for sure anytime yet.. but as dates go.. that weekened is more suitable than most.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Memorial day is not a big traditional family reunion day like Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Passover and Easter. It is thought of as the first day of Summer - a commercial alternative to June 21. Its traditional for backyard Bar B Ques. There are widespread memorial ceremonies at cemeteries and memorials.

There are a lot of College graduations and reunions on that weekend. I know of one person who won't be able to make it if we use that weekend for this reason.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gsga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
There are a lot of College graduations and reunions on that weekend. I know of one person who won't be able to make it if we use that weekend for this reason.

Hmmm. Was thinking before that we could get the college crowd out there.

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for your comments. We've narrowed down to two weekends...

see: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-4381.html

I'm locking this topic... Add comments there.

Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals » electro-music 2005
Jump to: