electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Tellun Neural Agonizer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 6 of 6 [140 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
adambee7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your lucky yourself chap. Could have been more than a few opamps that would have been fried. Cricklewood were selling them bout 6 months ago for £3.50. i kid you not. i think they realised after i ordered 20. They had the intersil CA3280G and RCA CA3280H. Very Happy Very Happy
sonicwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Today I finally started to assemble my Neural Agonizer:

Would you recommend to use the driver and recovery highpass filters or to left them out? (R84, R103, C43, C52, C56)
sonicwarrior

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn, today I found out that I didn't buy the phone jacks and that Mouser doesn't sell them anymore.
Is there an alternative for the Kobiconn 161-3525?

Mouser only has a 161-3525L-E which according to the datasheet is totally different and won't fit the PCB. Sad

Edit: Looks like the 161-352N-EX will do. It is mono and fits according to the datasheet.
/mr

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm also intrigued by the optional components here... Smile

I'm building a Tellun Neural Agonizer right now. A number of possible modifications are mentioned in the documentation, namely variations of some of the R and C values of different filters, etc. I've left most of these resistors/capacitors unmounted so far.

Are there any of these modifications that might be useful to have selectable via switches on the front panel, or should I just go for the default values? Or - as a compromise - mount sockets on the PCB, letting me put in different component values to try them out? What would you recommend? Smile
NoizeToyz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Calibration Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi All,
I've happily stuffed my NA boards, and am now at the stage of going through the calibration stage. I've tried the steps explained in the PDF build document, however I seem to be getting unexpected readings on my 'scope.

I measure the square wave from my MOTM300 and it looks like a square wave on the scope (all good!) but when I test at the points mentioned in the build document and adjust the trimmers; they don't seem to have any effect. The document suggests that I should be seeing some signal in both pos and neg, but all I get is a flatline that is so far below the zero that I have to adjust the voltage sensitivity on the scope to see it.

It's probably due to me not setting the scope up properly...

I've built quite a few modules now, but only just got my 'scope which is a 20mHz analogue beast sat on my bench. I'm a bit of a noob using scopes so need a few tips on using it in the calibration stage of the TLN-156 build.
Cheers!
NoizeToyz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: TLN-156 Neural Agonizer Panel Layout MU Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey,
Here's my 5u Moog panel layout - thought I'd share it, and maybe get some feedback. Feel free to use as you need it. I've put the Hi-Res PDF, the original Illustrator CS3 file, and a JPEG.

Ben over at Re:Synthesis has made some beautifully finished panels for me > http://www.bigbluewave.co.uk/resynthesis/resynthesis_home.htm

MU-3u-TLN-156.jpg
 Description:
Lo-Res JPEG version
 Filesize:  59.65 KB
 Viewed:  6201 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

MU-3u-TLN-156.jpg

MU 3u TLN-156.ai
 Description:
Original Adobe Illustrator CS3 doc

Download
 Filename:  MU 3u TLN-156.ai
 Filesize:  3.74 MB
 Downloaded:  6148 Time(s)

MU 3u TLN-156 copy.pdf
 Description:
Hi_Res PDF print-ready version

Download
 Filename:  MU 3u TLN-156 copy.pdf
 Filesize:  3.39 MB
 Downloaded:  8805 Time(s)

sduck

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice! After using mine for a few years I'd suggest grouping the feedback and LPF knobs together, and put the deform knob up on top - switching the deform and feedback knobs. The feedback and LPF knobs kind of work together. No ideas on your electrical issues - does the thing work otherwise?
NoizeToyz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks sduck - that's some good advice; I haven't finished building it yet so had to guess which knobs would be the most important for twiddling!

Think I haven't finished building it yet so gonna put it together this weekend and see how it sounds - can't wait to hear the springy drones!
sonicwarrior

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I 'finished' mine this week, but during the calibration for TP6 and TP7 I noticed a high frequency sine at pin 7 of U4.
I guess that's bad right? But having an unwanted sine is a new debug task for me. I have no clue where to begin my search for the error. Any tips would be highly appreciated.
elmegil

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't see where the schematic might be.....

Some Op Amps will get high frequency oscillation unless you put a small (10pF or so) capacitor across their feedback resistors. This compensates for input capacitance, I believe.

Without a schematic that's just wild speculation, but I'd say it's worth checking out.
sonicwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are here:
http://www.tellun.com/motm/diy/tln156/TLN-156_Schematics.pdf

On U4 the feedback resistor for the half including pin 7 as output is R80 with 36K and there is no capacitor in parallel. I used the specified TL072 there. I thought they are not that much sensitive for self oscillation. Confused
elmegil

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't say I know their reputation on that score, but I'd expect it shouldn't be too hard to just try it (clip it in place with alligators or something so you don't have to make it permanent unless it works)
sonicwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, did that, it worked and so I put the 10 pF in there permanently. Thanks for the help.

Now everything seems to work, so I just have to put the knobs on and then it's finished. Smile
elmegil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent! Glad I could help.
mubase

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: old tanks...S2FC2A1B.....will these work?? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone.
I was lucky enough to get a set of TNA boards with the bunch of Ken Stone modules I bought last year.
I now have time where I can work on what I love most. Very Happy
I would like to ask if anyone can help me with a type of reverb tank I am considering buying... It is an accutronics S2FC2A1B. I think it's an old model as I don't get a hit on the Accutronics site and was wondering if anyone has tried the TNA with this model of tank or knows if it would be of a good impedance. I intend to use the TNA for atmospherics and drones mainly...
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 6 of 6 [140 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: