electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » fonik's place
Panel kits.
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
LektroiD

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Panel kits.
Subject description: What is currently available?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have 2x 555 VCO and 1x 555 LFO, but was wondering if there are any more kits available that I may have missed (Euro-panel / panel PCB / circuit PCB)?

Also, are any of the older Fonitronik projects likely to be re-made into similar style kits, such as the PS3100 resonators, attenuverting mixer, or the VCPS?

fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i never did front panels before, and to be honest, it is very expensive and i have to fund everything upfront (at least, that's what i want to do). i always have to make proto front panels, and they are ridiculous pricey. one-offs are not comparable to i.e. front panel express.

nevertheless, i think i will try to offer front panels for all upcoming projects.

the next in line is thomas henry's CMOS ADSR. i am currently prototyping this nice circuit, adding stage gate outputs, and an end trigger output. hope it works out well.

then i do a very simple 1in4 DC coupled mixer in 6HP. nothing special besides the fact that it will be cascadable: you could connect two mixers on the rear so that the sum of the 1st mixer is routed as a 5th channel into the 2nd mixr, unless you put a patch cord into the 1st mixer's output (switched socket). very simple but effective. you oculd use the 1st mixer as a sub-group, or you just have an 8in1 mixer, or two seperated 4in1.
of course you could cascade more than two!
currently there is another simple mixer available as eurorack DIY, so i am not sure how to proceed.

then there is a completely new sequencer to come. i call it binary game, and it will be a new concept, creating nice arpeggios rather than predictible melodies...
i got the PCBs almost stuffed already Very Happy

later down the road i plan to do my wasp clone eventually...

we will se where it goes.

for the old projects, i don't know. i actually don't want to offer DIY kits for the resonators, sonce i plan to publish it as production module this year... and negativespace (over at muffs) offered a panel for it not too long ago anyways.

LektroiD

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The ADSR sounds like a brilliant addition, these really are nice foundation projects, perfect for someone like me just starting out with a new system.

Will the A, D, S & R have individual CV control? Also, have you considered adding a basic VCA to this project? Just a few ideas to make things interesting.

fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LektroiD wrote:
The ADSR sounds like a brilliant addition, these really are nice foundation projects, perfect for someone like me just starting out with a new system.

Will the A, D, S & R have individual CV control? Also, have you considered adding a basic VCA to this project? Just a few ideas to make things interesting.

the ADSR is the CMS ADSR by thomas henry, who generousely gave me the permission to do a PCB run for these new projects. so no CV control.

in general you are absolutely correct. for beginners it is tempting to buy a kit, and the ready made frontpanel might solve some basic issues for beginners. alas, it is very expensive, and there are already quite a few basic module PCBs out there. just think of all the MFOS stuff... but let us see where we get!?

Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » fonik's place
Jump to: