electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Artists » Intro Spectral
About me - An Introduction
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Intro_Spectral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: About me - An Introduction
Subject description: Wander the mind of Intro Spectral
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, and Welcome.

My name is Johan Ekelove and I make music and art under the moniker Intro Spectral..

I am not very good at introductions, or presentations or anything of the sort.. So i'll try my best to do one that is somewhat informative and interesting.. and should there be any questions, just ask Smile

So where to start? maybe I should talk a bit about my music.. I have been making music in one for or another for a substantial part of my life. I started playing drums when I was seven and stuck at that for a few years, but eventually turned my attention to the guitar.. because guitars had melodies..

The making of electronic music began somewhere around the year 2000, give or take some depending on the definition.. during the first year I'm not even sure I understood that I could make actually music on the "borrowed" version of Fruity Loops that I had gotten from a friend.. I mainly just sat in amazement at all the complexity the software presented me and pretty much just browsed samples and put random effects on them when I managed to...

But as time progress, so does the skills and knowledge of one that sticks to it and don't give in to doubts.. and I have had a lot of doubts.. more so than any artist I know. I have for the better part of the last 10 years struggled to overcome/come to terms with, how to navigate my way around sound and music.
(more on this can be found under the "introduce yourself" tab.. entitled "Hello.. I'm Tune-Unit"..)

A long time has now passed and I feel that the circle has somewhat come to a whole.. I am now able to once again just gaze at the complexity of it all, but now with the tools to bend and shape the audio into whatever it is I want to express.. or maybe it is more a case of just exploring the sonic mysteries and seeing where the sound can take me. probably a mixture of both..a fraction of the results can be found on the album "The Weird Side of the Mundane"

So this is all I can think of for now.. I am sure there is more to tell, and if that is the case, i'll get on it in time.

Take Care!!

http://www.facebook.com/IntroSpectral
www.introspectral.com
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Artists » Intro Spectral
Jump to: