electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals » electro-music 2005
Accomodations info?
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
davep

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 73

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Accomodations info? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Howard et al,

Maybe it's still too soon, but is there any preliminary info on accomodations for the event? I notice that the announcement says the event site is accessible by public transportation from central Philly, so can you tell us which train / bus lines it is on so we can find a convenient hotel motel? Or better yet, if you can just recomment a couple of decent affordable places close to the train / bus line I'll take your word for it.

Thanks,

Dave Peck

egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We'll be tracking that info down, but probably won't be ready to post it for a couple of weeks (when mosc gets back from Florida).
Some locals are volunteering to put people up in their homes, so that may be a possibility, depending on how many volunteers we get, and how many people are coming.
Meanwhile, you can check with the Cheltenham Art Center, they can probably give you the info about the bus and train routes.
http://www.cheltenhamarts.org/

If anyone does some research about places to stay in Philly, they can psot their findings here.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unless you have some really urgent reason to reserve a hotel now, I think it might be a good idea to wait until we identify some places. Maybe we can have some car pools so everyone doesn't have to take the bus. Whatever, it probably makes sense for us to identify two or three places and reserve a block of rooms at hopefully reduced rates.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
zynthetix

G2 patch files: 13

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here is some info from SEPTA:

http://www.septa.com/maps/click_map/cheltenham.html

to give you an idea of the rail system layout:

http://www.septa.com/maps/click_map.html

Cheltenham is toward the end of the western R8 line.
egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is now some information about hotels near the CAC.
check here
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This place has classic architecture. Cool

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Hopefully we can get some local people to provide some help with transportation back and forth to the Art Center, or people can pool taxi rides. The continental breakfasts are nice on Saturday and Sundays.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
davep

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yay! Just got my flight tickets. I'll be arriving Thursday evening 6/2.

Regarding the accomodations & access to the performing arts center, I tried using the SEPTA trip planner, and it tells me I need two busses and a train to make a 50 minute trip from the hotel on Roosevelt to the Cheltenham Station. Is this right? scratch

If so, we sure could use some info on hotels that have more direct public transit access to the event. Carpools & ridesharing are a good idea, but it's not something we can count on, especially since nobody who is staying at the hotel will have a car.

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't panic, Dave. There are in fact people who are staying at the Roosevelt Inn that have cars and people can also share taxis. We have a mailing list of all of the people who have registered. In a week or so we can get a feel of who's going to be staying where and see what we can work out.
secretmusic

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: An alternative... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's where I'll be staying that week. A little further away, but cheap and with free wireless Internet access. Here's the link:

http://www.redroof.com/reservations/inn_details.asp?innNumber=185

Fishkill, NY 12524
newage@secretmusic.net
davep

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Time to make a reservation Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, time to call a hotel. Is the Roosevelt still the recommended spot? Do they offer any kind of discount for us?

Thanks, & lookling forward to seeing everyone in a couple of weeks!

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The are no special discounts for us, unfortunatly. The Roosevelt Inn is recommended, but none of us locals have ever stayed there. Greg did visit the place and it looked satisfactory to him. It is about 5 miles from the CAC. Hopefully we'll have enough people there with cars to help get people back and forth.

The place Scott found looks very good too. From what I could see on the web site the price is about $65 for singles. You'll have to call. Maybe you could get rides with him. Thats a good use for the forum's PM feature. Very Happy

secretmusic

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Red Roof doesn't look that far away. The same highway as the Roosevelt, just further up. The free wireless did it for me. And I saved over $100 by going to the motel's website directly instead of going through Motels.com (I'm staying a full week). Anyone else who ends up there can bum a ride from me. Not a lot of room for gear, but people are easy enough. Just email me before Memorial Day or catch me at the show.
Fishkill, NY 12524
newage@secretmusic.net
davep

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, got my reservations at the Roosevelt. I'll be arriving Thursday evening June 2nd.

Maybe this should be a new topic, but any suggestions for the best way to get from the airport to the Roosevelt? I asked the hotel & they said public transportation isn't very easy & most of their guests have a rental car (I won't). They said a taxi might be about $50.

Also, I heard there was going to be a dinner get-together or a party Thursday evening. Anybody else who is staying at the Roosevelt planning to go?

Kees

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

davep wrote:
Also, I heard there was going to be a dinner get-together or a party Thursday evening. Anybody else who is staying at the Roosevelt planning to go?

Hi, I will also be staying at the Roosevelt Inn. I will arrive on wednesday evening June 1st, so I will have thursday to go sightseeing a bit. I certainly like the idea of a get together dinner party on thursday evening!

Greetings,

Kees.
egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please contact me off-line if you are interested in the pre-event party.
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals » electro-music 2005
Jump to: